Blair posted a few further details shortly about the Opiate reissue, and I thought I’d take the time to summarise what we already know:
- The Opiate reissue will feature new artwork from Adi Granov, a few other extra items pertaining to the new art design (Adam mentioned stickers ad stereoscopic art), and a certificate of authenticity.
- All of the copies of Opiate will be signed by the current members of Tool.
- The package will contain an Opiate CD (not vinyl) with no extra musical bonuses
- There are five different variations, 1000 of each for a total of 5000.
- Each variation of 1000 contains a special (randomly chosen) “SEAL OF XATANITOS” which entitles the bearer of to a certain prize. This “seal” will be included on the 5 unique certificates of authenticity contained in the prize winning package.
- Buyers will be limited to 3 per variant, so presumably can buy up to 15 in total.
- Update: Price is $150 each.
- It will go on sale to the public on March 26th
There will be a Toolarmy presale on March 22nd. All edition will be available, however one 1000 in total will be for sale (200 of each variety).Toolarmy presale is over!
- Update: Toolarmy Opiates went on sale at around 9am PST. Expect the public items to go on sale at a similar time.
I hope this answers some of your questions. Personally, I don’t think this will sell out super fast, so I don’t think there’s a need to be checking out Toolarmy every 30 seconds to see if it’s up yet. And it will probably be much easier to get a copy in public sale than during the Toolarmy one.