Only the second edition of this weekly update thing, and already I feel like I have bugger all to write about. Strap yourselves in for a bunch of somewhat vaguely relevant “Tool” news!
In this weeks edition:
- Aenima turns 21
- Tool + Taylor Swift Mashup
- Signed “Chet Zar: I Like To Paint Monsters” DVD Documentary
- New music I’ve enjoyed this week!
Aenima turns 21
Moreso than Undertow, I think Aenima should be considered Tool’s breakthrough album, as it signaled to the world the direction this band would take in years to come. It was released back on September 17 in 1996, and given that I became a Tool fan not long after it’s release, I guess 21st anniversary of Tool fandom is coming up as well.
No real fanfare from the band, no collectors edition re-issue (though Danny did hint a little while back that their old albums are going to be remastered/issued). If you’re lucky enough to own it on vinyl, give it a spin for me.
Tool + Taylor Swift Mashup
Look what you made me do:
Signed “Chet Zar: I Like To Paint Monsters” DVD Documentary
A guy called OD emailed me today, telling me he had the opportunity to catch up with artist Chet Zar recently. He says that the really liked Chet Zar’s DVD I Like To Paint Monsters and we should all go out and buy a copy. It includes his relationship with Adam Jones and involvement with Tool and also his involvement with the “Hellboy” movies amongst other topics. I’m yet to check it out, but it’s always been on my list to do so. You can get signed copies for $25, so sounds like a good deal!
The last few weeks have been good for music, here’s a few albums I’ve enjoyed, that perhaps you might too. Have a recommendation? Let me know!
- 90s rock band Living Colour have a new album out called Shade – it’s great worth a listen!
- Mastodon will be putting out an EP soon called Cold Dark Place. You can check out the first track off it called Toe to Toes here. Speaking of Mastodon, I think Emperor of Sand is one of my favorite albums from this year.
- Aussie prog metal band Mish put out a great album earlier this year called Entheogen. Check it out
- Primus released the next song off their forthcoming album called The Scheme. I really enjoyed this, as well as the first track. Album is shaping up to be an excellent one!
That’s all for this week. If you have anything to share, let me know!