New Tool Website

The Main Event
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: New Tool Website

Post by Ravenpig »

The roofie I dropped in your Mountain Dew took that long to wear off.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That wasn't my Mountain Dew ;)
Don't mow your lawn
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

An improvement, at least we're done with the 20th century design afrer 17 years.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

It appears that they've added 10k days to the new website.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Krazy_blah wrote:Holy shit, when did this happen... Trump won the election???... :O
Bahahahahahahahahahah. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ugh. :( Its definitely a dream within a dream. Living that simulacrum life-4-lyfe.

Glad to see someone is minding the fires. Gonna be a whole new crop of Fourtheye commenters on here in the coming years. A whole new batch of children will discover Tool and we will be inundated with too many fucks given. Enjoy the zero fucks attitude while you can. We'll all be OGT soon.
“Casual Fan”
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

There's definitely a difference between signing in as a Tool Army member and just registering to access/post to the new site.

When signed in as a Registered user you can see the Subject line of the Tool Army member posts, but it doesn't appear that you can actually access the posts. The Exclusive post by Tool are of course blurred out.

So, at the moment it looks like Tool Army members have their own section to post messages and can read & comment on the Exclusive content. Along with access to TA merch.

Will be curious to see what else is added/changed for TA members.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

For the TA members that joined before they merged w/ Full Screen Direct in 2015: is your membership date correct? I joined the original TA back in February 2006 but now it's showing December 2009.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

fortysixand2 wrote:For the TA members that joined before they merged w/ Full Screen Direct in 2015: is your membership date correct? I joined the original TA back in February 2006 but now it's showing December 2009.
When did Tool Army start, July 2001? If so, I believe my signed up date was October 13, 2002. I had the same Member Since date at Junior, that I remember. :)

It now says I joined Nov 24, 2006 though. Maybe it reflects the last purchase date through the old Tool Army store, although I feel like I purchased something more recent than that.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

I noticed that there are links to MP3s in coding of the Releases section, however there's no actual audio file associated with the links.

I'd be really surprised if they they allowed streaming of the entire songs/albums from the website.

My guess is that these will eventually be sample audio files similar to what was on the old Toolband website.
ZYV
My pain is just an excuse

Post by ZYV »

It feels like maybe this website design will evolve more in the future. I wonder if they release the video for the pot sometime soon?
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

nxrm wrote:
fortysixand2 wrote:For the TA members that joined before they merged w/ Full Screen Direct in 2015: is your membership date correct? I joined the original TA back in February 2006 but now it's showing December 2009.
When did Tool Army start, July 2001? If so, I believe my signed up date was October 13, 2002. I had the same Member Since date at Junior, that I remember. :)

It now says I joined Nov 24, 2006 though. Maybe it reflects the last purchase date through the old Tool Army store, although I feel like I purchased something more recent than that.
Oh! I bet you're right. I vaguely remember ordering a poster from the 2009 tour as an Xmas gift. Good thinking!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

WARNING

I contacted Fullscreen Direct regarding my Toolband.com account as I had a couple of questions.

They emailed me back having done the following:

1. They changed the password to my account, although I did not asked them to do so nor was I having issues with my account or password.
2. They provided me with a different account's User Name and they changed that account's password...and gave me the temporary password to access that account.

I was able to change my own account's password and regain access. So no issues there, but...

I was also able to access the other user's account. I had full access to change their profile and account information. :shock:

It seems like this is more of a customer service department error, but it's given me cause for concern.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Did you change their stuff? Was it my account? Did you change my account stuff???
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Did you change their stuff? Was it my account? Did you change my account stuff???
:lol: I don't believe it was your account. I mean, I guess it could have been...but I don't think so.

I also didn't change anything. I signed in and tried to figure out what the rep had done to screw up my account so bad, realized I wasn't actually in my account, and then signed out.

I sent a follow-up response to them, but haven't heard back yet. What time is it in India anyway?

Ah...too funny man. Thanks for the laughs!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Tour section is still missing venue information. Now that FSD is in charge, errors have been getting fixed in a timely fashion which is a good sign.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

fortysixand2 wrote:Tour section is still missing venue information. Now that FSD is in charge, errors have been getting fixed in a timely fashion which is a good sign.
I assume Blair is still posting news and possibly updating the content, or at the least overseeing the updates. He just won't be front and center with a spotlight on him any longer, which sounds like it might be a welcome change (for him).
Last edited by nxrm on Fri May 19, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It would be a mistake to assume that Blair was doing website work other than provided content in the first place.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:It would be a mistake to assume that Blair was doing website work other than provided content in the first place.
It would be a mistake to assume that ANYONE was doing website work. Other than the news posts, what ever was updated? The tour dates started getting updated on the old toolband.com but even that wasn't consistent.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

The unofficial Toolarmy Manual and FAQ at Hokhmah has been taken down as well: http://www.hokhmah.net/ta/
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

It's interesting having looked over other band sites that are on Fullscreen Direct.

It looks like there are a lot of options available for customization. It's just a matter of Tool making use of them at this point. Always hopeful. :)

Here are some other band sites handled by Fullscreen Direct for those interested:

Metallica

Kid Rock

Eric Church

Three Days Grace
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ooh, that's good news. Kid Rock has an excellent website.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Or, uh... So I've heard.
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Ooh, that's good news. Kid Rock has an excellent website.
Touché! :)
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

Morning. Does anyone know where the newsletters are on the new site? I haven't found them yet.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Alittlevil wrote:Morning. Does anyone know where the newsletters are on the new site? I haven't found them yet.
They aren't there.

I hope an archive of the old Newsletters is created on the new site at some point, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I have a feeling that the Newsletters are a thing of the past though.