The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten Years, Shmen Years)

Post by Busty McCracken »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
Busty McCracken wrote:hell, I will still pay my hard earned to fly down and see their greatest hits show with absolute enthusiasm, without hesitation and I am fine with that.
^ And that folks is exactly the problem. Enabler apologist bullshit.

See you missed the boat entirely on this one. I have never said, not once, that Tool have done anything to me. I have been consistent in my distaste for Tool for a very long time. About six months back I decided I would give these unprofessional fucks one more chance to redeem themselves and they haven't. Same bullshit. So fuck em.

And as for Meshuggah, since I am not an apologist fanboy like 99% of you Tool fans are, I quickly called them out for an obvious unprofessional move.

You fanboys make apologies and defend your heroes. I tell it like it is. I was right about Tool when I called all this shit out 5-6 years ago on this forum. I am right about Tool now.

If you don't like it I don't give a fuck. You and your cohorts represent everything I think is wrong with most music fans. Nothing but apologist hero worship drivel.

So yeah MATE, have fun lining their pockets while they do nothing. Easiest retirement fund I have ever seen.
And that's exactly the point, YOU decided to give Tool a chance again when anyone in the world, hell a casual fan who knows little of Tool could have told you there is no new album, not much is happening in camp Tool at present as there hasn't been for years.. with this knowledge you decided to embrace their music again after going on some heroes sabbatical from them and have wound up all butthurt over it all over again that is your own fault due to your own inability to seemingly lack much control of your emotions..

now you're back to hating them again & being all hurt about it, you start pointing your finger at us telling us we are apologetic and defend em. Where is the defending going on? I agree it's pathetic it's taken this long between albums, i think it's a bit shit there is minimal variation between sets but ya know what everytime I've seen em live... I've enjoyed myself and that's all life is about bud.. doing what makes ya happy.. i think you need to go find whatever it is in this life that makes you happy because seriously man, getting this wound up over a band is not only unhealthy, it's downright pathetic.

And before you point your finger, you should know that I'm the man and well you know the rest.
Listen to All Them Witches
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Bill Hilly wrote:You do realize that most of my posts come from the Grudge, after all these years? Don't act like we are on opposite sides of the debate. I've had my share of Tool jabs over the years. My issue is your constant rehashing of how much smarter you are than everyone else. You weren't debating anything in that post you removed. You were defending your ego, and you probably realized that you sounded like an ass.
Well I am smarter than everyone else ;)

@Busty - see above

Have a nice weekend
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Don't have enough fucks to give.. righto mate , until you decide to go on the same fuckin tirade again next week.

And cheers, you too.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote: And the months went by and it became obvious that nothing had changed. That they were no closer to a new album and still conducting themselves in the same unprofessional manner. Still lying to their fanbase to milk them for their retirement fund and generally treating their fans like shit.

The recent interview with Adam Jones more or less confirms what you are saying. They won't be recording anytime soon - so put any thoughts of a "fall studio date" out of your collective heads.

And go listen to Burzum instead.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

You guys managed to predict that Tool wouldn't be recording at a certain time - pretty amazing powers of deduction there. Good of you guys to "call" this otherwise we would have totally missed it.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

I said go listen to Burzum!!!!!!!!!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I listened to this instead:

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

I'd give my left nut to see that live.

nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

DMM VR Theater. That is a trip...

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, Tool should do this
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

There are currently 757 seated tickets on sale at Stubhub for the show in San Bernardino this upcoming Saturday. What a waste.

Reserved Pit - 18
Orchestra 1 - 122
Orchestra 2 - 84
Orchestra 3 - 67
Boxes – 32
Loge 4 - 60
Loge 5 - 70
Loge 6 - 80
Loge 7 - 79
Loge 8 - 70
Loge 9 – 75

Even more baffling is the 303 tickets on sale at Stubhub for the Lawn section, which you can still purchase directly through Live Nation.

I hope anyone who bought tickets with the sole intention of flipping them for a profit takes a loss.
Last edited by nxrm on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Hopefully it teaches the scalpers a lesson. And hopefully anybody who can make it last minute takes advantage of the soon to be discounted tix.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The ticketing industry is such a pile of shit these days. Although I frequently wonder if, similar to the US's "maniac cop" predicament, if it's simply a case where we didn't have the technology to have all of it right in our faces these days. Maybe it was this bad in the 80s you just never knew about it?
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

joeypants wrote:The ticketing industry is such a pile of shit these days. Although I frequently wonder if, similar to the US's "maniac cop" predicament, if it's simply a case where we didn't have the technology to have all of it right in our faces these days. Maybe it was this bad in the 80s you just never knew about it?
Very true. As Hellboy, and others have discussed numerous times, Tool could also make more of an effort connecting their fan base with tickets.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

nxrm wrote:
joeypants wrote:The ticketing industry is such a pile of shit these days. Although I frequently wonder if, similar to the US's "maniac cop" predicament, if it's simply a case where we didn't have the technology to have all of it right in our faces these days. Maybe it was this bad in the 80s you just never knew about it?
Very true. As Hellboy, and others have discussed numerous times, Tool could also make more of an effort connecting their fan base with tickets.
No doubt. Definitely not saying they shouldn't do more in that regard.

Even if and when they do though... it always looks like this. Radiohead goes out of their way, as does NIN, and all of their shows wind up like this (with far more exorbitant prices for Radiohead, I might add. The lower level seats on stubhub for their shows are enough to make me simply not go if I miss the initial sale).
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

joeypants wrote:
nxrm wrote:
No doubt. Definitely not saying they shouldn't do more in that regard.

Even if and when they do though... it always looks like this. Radiohead goes out of their way, as does NIN, and all of their shows wind up like this (with far more exorbitant prices for Radiohead, I might add. The lower level seats on stubhub for their shows are enough to make me simply not go if I miss the initial sale).
A simple free market supply and demand in effect I guess...still can't shake that grudge though. :)
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

QOTSA had a nice little pre-sale setup. Sign up via email and cell phone number. They send you a text message with a code to purchase before general on-sale.
Bottom line is Tool is too lazy to set something simple like this up. They sell out every show, the money is in their hands and they don't care where it came from.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Tool are more of a joke than Michael Bay.

Oh wait, I just remembered.

Michael Bay does stuff.....

:|

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I bet he gets emails too.
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Calfium Jay wrote:Tool are more of a joke than Michael Bay.

Oh wait, I just remembered.

Michael Bay does stuff.....

:|
That's harsh. True, but harsh. :lol:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Had the realisation that in the bands first 9 years of existence we received:

1 Ep.
3 full length albums
7 film clips
A live cd/video box set

In the 16 years thats followed we have received:

1 album.
1 video clip.

Fuck those guys.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

The fucking silence is deafening... There is nothing, at least when Blair was writing newsletters there was something to read, think and talk about... But since the new and super crap website launched and the tour stopped.... Fucking silence... So boring TOOL.... Bring back the fucking newsletters I loved reading that shit....
Be good to each other.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Lazy dickheads.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Loulz

The newsletters went from “what is this crap??!!”

To

“Bring them back!!!”
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:Loulz

The newsletters went from “what is this crap??!!”

To

“Bring them back!!!”
Nah, I think the ones that want them back enjoyed them in the first place.