The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten Years, Shmen Years)

Post by hellboy »

The curveball I believe is the Opiate re-recording, which for reasons I can't begin to fathom still hasn't appeared...
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

Not much of a curveball but oh well. Maybe another thing they're waiting to release after they're out of contract?
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The worse thing to happen to Adam's productivity was becoming rich.

He'd probably agree.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Let's also agree that our own productivity would also go down if were rich
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Fuck yes!
Canned audience laughter
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

But I’m willing to try.

Send. More. Money.

Kittaan@Paypal.org
Ki77aan :twisted:
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Yeah it's easy to judge. If I was in their shoes Id milk it for every stinking penny its worth. I don't give a fuck about artwork etc or the opiate reissue or the pot video, and tbh at this stage of the game I'm a little surprised anyone else gives a shit about that stuff either.

I would however love to see more behind the scenes type stuff like them recording in the studio etc. That would be most exciting to me but they seem to private to do that.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

They clearly aren't lazy either. They are multi millionaires though, that's gonna change your life in a big big way. That opens up a whole load of oppurtunities we can't even imagine. Why wouldn't you explore some of those instead of make another album? Especially after you had a few hits etc your gonna want to try something new. We should be grateful that they kept their shit together enough to still be here making music and didn't go off the rails and turn into full on smack heads like I know most of us on here probably would.

Cos it's the grudge I gotta say they could at least make hellboy a millionaire too the ungrateful cunts. I mean giving the guy a backstage pass then fucking off to the pub instead is a cunts trick and a half!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

M0G wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:54 pm
ziggy23 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:02 am Triple album, please, lazy bitches.
Fuck yea tell em Zig! And toss in a Salival part Deux AND a Live DVD while they are at it!
Not gonna happen anytime soon I suppose. But I'm still waiting for the Live DVD, yeah, Salival-2, and Problem 8, of course. Lazy cunts, I guess I'll die before they will ever release anything again. 13 years, what a shame.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

snazzl3frass wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:40 am Not much of a curveball but oh well. Maybe another thing they're waiting to release after they're out of contract?
ya, no kidding! i never really cared about an Opiate video. lets release a video for one of our oldest songs 1000 years later. whatever.

im hoping a full length video of some kind is coming too. maybe thats the delay but chances are its just packaging and we wont be getting extras, who knows with these guys. im wondering if that might be true/a bit hopeful on that. even if its not around Aug 30th i bet we'll see more releases in more current times after this album is out. we hope!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

The strangest thing was the clinics marketing Opiate like it was actually coming out before this album. I've even seen 2/3 of the damn thing... yet a year later and still nothing.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Boldizar wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:35 am The strangest thing was the clinics marketing Opiate like it was actually coming out before this album. I've even seen 2/3 of the damn thing... yet a year later and still nothing.
Man it’s Tool trying to figure out why the fuck they do anything is maddening. The Opiate rework is so good I really hope it gets a digital release. A video would be a bonus but given how the Pot video has seemingly disappeared I have little hope for a video for the Opiate rework. I am not expecting any videos of any kind to be honest.
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:11 am
Boldizar wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:35 am The strangest thing was the clinics marketing Opiate like it was actually coming out before this album. I've even seen 2/3 of the damn thing... yet a year later and still nothing.
Man it’s Tool trying to figure out why the fuck they do anything is maddening. The Opiate rework is so good I really hope it gets a digital release. A video would be a bonus but given how the Pot video has seemingly disappeared I have little hope for a video for the Opiate rework. I am not expecting any videos of any kind to be honest.
I think both videos were started for those songs, and were held off and will be released/reworked as videos for the new album. I was always of the belief that this is what happened with the Vicarious video. It really feels like that video started off as a Schism video.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:35 pm
M0G wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:11 am
I think both videos were started for those songs, and were held off and will be released/reworked as videos for the new album. I was always of the belief that this is what happened with the Vicarious video. It really feels like that video started off as a Schism video.
Entirely possible, although I don't agree with the Schism video thing. Schism already had a video and everything from the Vicarious vid came from the packaging and Alex Grey artwork. That video was definitely made for Vicarious. I still hope we get vids for The Pot and Opiate rework Tool have had a long fucking time to get that shit done. I mean Adam is a control freak, I mean perfectionist...so nothing he does surprises me at this point.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I doubt we'll see videos reworked for other songs. The Opiate video will appear at some point. My assumption regarding The Pot is that it just didn't work out as planned, but they've elected to use a selection of the footage for live visuals. I doubt very much that the band will recycle that stuff.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:13 pm I doubt we'll see videos reworked for other songs. The Opiate video will appear at some point. My assumption regarding The Pot is that it just didn't work out as planned, but they've elected to use a selection of the footage for live visuals. I doubt very much that the band will recycle that stuff.
Got a feeling that Opiate vid is crazy that middle section they added is trippy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:02 am
tys0n wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:46 am
Ettan wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:34 am

I honestly don't remember you being this political on the forum
Are you retarded?
:lol:

Cal is the conservative version of M0G... except worse.

Living your entire life looking through the lens of politics MUST be exhausting. Your dude is the President. Congrats. You won. Im sure you are completely satisfied with the amazing job he is doing. #MAGA
Say whatever you want about me but NEVER compare me to Cal again. Cal says things that could be interpreted in a very bad light. Nationalist tendencies, borderline Islamophobia. Entirely inappropriate social statements. He has creepy ass barely legal avatars half the time and the other half the time he has some inappropriate social/political image or picture. He literally hates entire groups of people with a vigor that bleeds thru in everything he says. I haven't made a political post in a very long time out of respect for the forum.

I bitch about Tool and fuck with you guys when the mood suits me, typically when there is down time and nothing is going on. Moreover I have done more for this site than anyone save for Hellboy himself and Kittaan.

Let's recap:
I contacted Aloke Dutta and paid a hundred bucks for a session to run a competition to give away to the website
During the Hellboy artwork fundraiser myself an Kittaan largely carried the financial load (i believe we both were around 150 in total donations)
Back when memberships and donations were a thing I purchased multiple multiple memberships and gifted one
I have offered to assist Hellboy with hosting costs before Dan came along and took care of that issue
In all I would wager I have probably put close to $500 bucks into this site

Say whatever the fuck you want about me. Love me, hate me I don't care, But never compare me to Cal again.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

M0G wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:23 am That’s odd Cal isn’t that bad to be fair I am more annoying than him fairly often. I don’t harass anyone in this thread though. Was he fucking with em or something? I mean I don’t agree with Cal’s politics and wish he would find a better outlet to debate/discuss his political beliefs but he isn’t a terrible person.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:26 pm
M0G wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:23 am That’s odd Cal isn’t that bad to be fair I am more annoying than him fairly often. I don’t harass anyone in this thread though. Was he fucking with em or something? I mean I don’t agree with Cal’s politics and wish he would find a better outlet to debate/discuss his political beliefs but he isn’t a terrible person.
Its called attempting to be diplomatic
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Is that what that's called?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:05 pm
Say whatever you want about me but NEVER compare me to Cal again. Cal says things that could be interpreted in a very bad light. Nationalist tendencies, borderline Islamophobia. Entirely inappropriate social statements. He has creepy ass barely legal avatars half the time and the other half the time he has some inappropriate social/political image or picture. He literally hates entire groups of people with a vigor that bleeds thru in everything he says. I haven't made a political post in a very long time out of respect for the forum.

I bitch about Tool and fuck with you guys when the mood suits me, typically when there is down time and nothing is going on. Moreover I have done more for this site than anyone save for Hellboy himself and Kittaan.

Let's recap:
I contacted Aloke Dutta and paid a hundred bucks for a session to run a competition to give away to the website
During the Hellboy artwork fundraiser myself an Kittaan largely carried the financial load (i believe we both were around 150 in total donations)
Back when memberships and donations were a thing I purchased multiple multiple memberships and gifted one
I have offered to assist Hellboy with hosting costs before Dan came along and took care of that issue
In all I would wager I have probably put close to $500 bucks into this site

Say whatever the fuck you want about me. Love me, hate me I don't care, But never compare me to Cal again.
Touche. Youve given a lot to the site. Cal, not so much. I would guess ive probably contributed roughly $100 to the site. Which is probably more than 90% of the daily users/lurkers ever have or will.

I actually was going to say that you havent mentioned anything political in quite sometime, but thats neither here nor there. Cal hasnt liked me since 2014 when i called him out about his comments regarding Tools release date on a different site being COMPLETELY different than the front he put on here on FE.

This thread isnt for bitching about other members though, so ill direct my annoyance towards Tool where it should be: "Release the fuckin album already woulda ya!?"
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:26 pm
hahaha well done. I hate to say it but that was a near flawless comeback, and im actually on moggies side
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:31 pm Is that what that's called?
Yep no point fanning flames in that thread that were already going fairly strong. De-escalation is another term.

I don't hate Cal. But Cal and I are very different people. Let's be clear on that. I have nothing more to say on the issue I have made my position crystal clear.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

The only flames that were going on in that thread were from the Nazi sympathist. But you're right, he's not a terrible person. :?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

As I said I have nothing more to say on the issue. I do not know Cal outside this forum and I certainly do not want to turn this thread into member bashing. Online is mostly nonsense and for all we know Cal may actually work in homeless shelters and do charity work on the weekends. But there are positions Cal has taken on this forum that are so far from anything I believe in that I simply do not want that comparison made.