Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

MobileVortex wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:40 am Does Coachella even get rock acts anymore?
They do, but the need the appropriate level of cool/hype. Not sure Tool have that any more (hype yes, cool, maybe not)

Still, I think Coachella could do a lot worse than having Tool headline one of it's nights - APC played this year from memory so it's not without precedent to have one of Maynards bands with a new album play.

The new album will be the key - if it's ready for release and/or Tool are willing to playing it at Coachella, then I think it could be a thing.

Yet another Greatest Hits tour and I doubt Coachella would be interested.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Tool hasn't played Coachella since 2006. I'm pretty sure they would be very interested in them headlining a night next year.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The last time they played it was glorious, the crowd singing back The Pot before the album was even released and Maynard getting pissed
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I member.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Fucking Tool at it again. Announcing a tour before the new album has even been finished. How about announcing a fucking release date first? Fuck I hate Tool. I hate that I love Tool's music because I cannot fucking stand this band from a professional standpoint. I hate that I am still looking forward to this fucking album that is still in fucking limbo. Toss this in the grudge I don't give a shit.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:54 am Tool hasn't played Coachella since 2006. I'm pretty sure they would be very interested in them headlining a night next year.
I agree, but if there's no album, then they won't be on it. I'm not entirely convinced they will be ready to release by April

Further context as to why Tool might not headline:

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainmen ... ella-2019/

If those rumours are to be believed, Tool are clearly no longer in the Coachella demographic.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:18 pm Fucking Tool at it again. Announcing a tour before the new album has even been finished. How about announcing a fucking release date first? Fuck I hate Tool. I hate that I love Tool's music because I cannot fucking stand this band from a professional standpoint. I hate that I am still looking forward to this fucking album that is still in fucking limbo. Toss this in the grudge I don't give a shit.
Tour release dates and album release dates are very different beasts. Given that the shows are mostly festival ones, it's no surprise to see them get announced super early - festivals love to give potential ticket buyers plenty of notice as to who is headlining. The bands hands are largely tied here. There is still plenty of time for the band to complete and release the album prior to these dates.

I'm comfortable we'll know where we stand with the new album by the years end.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Fucking Hellboy.... being reasonable again.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:18 pm Fucking Tool at it again. I hate that I am still looking forward to this fucking album that is still in fucking limbo. Toss this in the grudge I don't give a shit.

Consider it tossed.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Kittaan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 pm Fucking Hellboy.... being reasonable again.
Fuck off old man I wasn't in the mood for reasonable. Of course Hellboy is right festivals are booked a considerable amount of time in advance but Tool just pisses me the fuck off. Coming up on November no release date fucking ridiculous. These guys are not getting any younger by the time they start touring again Danny will be pushing 58 fucking years old. So much wasted time.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

It's quite hard to comment in this thread with all you Tool Old Guard and I've only been around for a couple of years on Fourtheye. However Mog your rants are funny

Anyway, Tyson...did you decide on the English Slags bit, generally their teeth are a bit over the place, but a couple of pints should sort that! :lol:
Deftones!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Everyone always speculating that Adam has health problems cause hes constantly wearing sunglasses to cover his eyes indoors... but damn, i have to say his eyes do look super sunken and dark. Maybe hes born with it, maybe its Maybelline
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:58 am Everyone always speculating that Adam has health problems cause hes constantly wearing sunglasses to cover his eyes indoors... but damn, i have to say his eyes do look super sunken and dark. Maybe hes born with it, maybe its Maybelline
I would call it getting old but he certainly has been well rested considering he has spent over 10 years doing jack shit
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:09 am I would call it getting old but he certainly has been well rested considering he has spent over 10 years doing jack shit

Well, he did his wife. Probably the reason she's been popping out puppies with reckless abandon.

Also, I believe he drew an alien at some point.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

new album "any day now". lolz
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

"...any day now, any day now, I shall be released."
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

lukas wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:14 am new album "any day now". lolz
Haha. Oh, we all saw that.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

vonna Cadaver
@IvonnaCadaver
8h8 hours ago
More
This tweet struck true controversy! I have been working on new episodes , events, content. I couldn't answer all! I can now! Adam's words to me "it should be DONE anyday now". I said "I can't wait, man" he said "believe me neither can we". Sincere. @Tool
So she's sticking to it...interesting.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

DeadGuyAle wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:19 pm
vonna Cadaver
@IvonnaCadaver
8h8 hours ago
More
This tweet struck true controversy! I have been working on new episodes , events, content. I couldn't answer all! I can now! Adam's words to me "it should be DONE anyday now". I said "I can't wait, man" he said "believe me neither can we". Sincere. @Tool
So she's sticking to it...interesting.
I don't think so - it reads very differently to me now. I think "done" is more a reference to recording/mixing/mastering than to it's release.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I wonder how much behind the scenes stuff Tool had been doing in regards to streaming their music. The format of this release will be interesting. They need streams, as much as they haven't taken it seriously in the past.. they have to release it in more forms than simply a physical CD. Best Buy doesn't even sell them anymore.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

8 Track!!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:32 pm
I can't believe it doesn't strike you as pathetic that we get more relevant information about recording status from some random chick's tweet than we do from the band's official fucking newsletter. I honestly have no idea how you are able to stay as positive as you are when it comes to Tool related matters. There has had to have been a moment somewhere along this 12 year journey between albums where you thought what the fuck is going on with these guys.

I suppose I ought to be glad you have maintained the same perspective over all these years as fourth eye has been a great source for discovering new music. It is crazy to think how long many of us have been around here. Even crazier to think how few actual legitimate friendships have developed from those interactions. Interesting case study there to be had.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

You know, that might not even be her real name...

*mind blown*