Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:16 pm $1000 says Adam utilizes that exact same software effect for the new Tool album cover.

And $1000 says I complain about it louder than anyone else.
$1000 says you are a close second to the biggest idiot on this site.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 pm
Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:16 pm $1000 says Adam utilizes that exact same software effect for the new Tool album cover.

And do tell Bill who is number one on your list?
The most intelligent person on this forum
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I am pretty stoked that we are nearing the end of this unbelievably long wait for new music. I agree with MOG in so many ways when he talks about them being unprofessional and lazy (sans MJK) etc, but I suppose they probably just think fuck'em.... In any case the next little while is going to be interesting then when the album finally drops it will be cool to watch the collective enthusiasm go off the charts.... Cheers guys, it's Friday, tomorrow will be an interesting Day 3 of the Adelaide test match (cricket) and I am enjoying a few beers, have a good weekend....
Be good to each other.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Anyway who cares.

Even if this new album sucks to high heaven, there'll still be pretty Asian girls to chase after.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:26 am
And do tell Bill who is number one on your list?

I'll bet he has Tyson as third....!!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Me or you? It's me? It's me isn't it? You were talking about me.

*wipes away tear*

tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I was talking about myself, don't really have anything to say to you.
Canned audience laughter
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Lets not forget back in 2013 when Cal was the biggest pusher of them all.... before he turned into M0G 2.0.

"As for a release date - I think 2014 is a shoe in. When in 2014 however, is another matter. I predict sometime between May and August."
-Calfium Jay

^^^^^From a different forum in regards to the Tool release.^^^^^
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Just got Really pumped up this morning!
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Chicago!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I thought Pimple's avatar was going to be NSFW when I started scrolling down the page this morning.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:27 am
Lets not forget back in 2013 when Cal was the biggest pusher of them all.... before he turned into M0G 2.0.

"As for a release date - I think 2014 is a shoe in. When in 2014 however, is another matter. I predict sometime between May and August."
-Calfium Jay

So, what were your predictions back then?

:|

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Calfium Jay wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:17 pm
xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:27 am

-Calfium Jay

So, what were your predictions back then?

:|

By M0G 2.0 he means that you realized Tool were entirely full of shit and the album was nowhere near completion. Congrats on not being a typical delusional Tool fan. We are bipartisan on this issue. There is hope after all.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

https://www.loudersound.com/news/jason- ... ed-by-tool
"Aquaman's pretty metal. I know no-one thinks that, but Aquaman's metal," Jason tells Metal Hammer. "I kind of build my characters off of metal songs. Conan (The Barbarian) was really heavy Pantera, I'd say Aquaman was probably mostly built out of Tool and (Metallica album) Kill 'Em All. Ticks And Leeches, if I want to get specific. There's a lot of Sabbath in there too."
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Seems about right.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Aquaman is about as metal as Tool are I guess
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Latest update from Toolarchive does a good job of summing up the status of recording. Not much we don't already know, but good regardless.
It includes a take from what I expect was one of the VIP Tour things earlier this year. I don't remember actually listening to that before, so found it quite insightful:

Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Interesting how he said Danny was done with the drums. I believe this refered to writing not recording? So Danny will finish writing his drum parts before they write bass and guitar over it? Very Interesting.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think that the band are very liberal with the use of the words "done" and "recording". My take on the quote was that the recording of the drums is done before recording guitar and bass, which is more or less industry standard.

More interesting, and tougher to work out is if and when Maynard was done. Numerous times he's talked about not getting music from the band, yet it never quite lines up with the varying definitions of done given by the other three. I can never quite figure out whether Maynard is being evasive, misleading, sarcastic or honest when he talks about Tool vocals. Maybe he does just splurt out the vocals on top completely written songs 6 months ago, but in reality I expect it's probably a bit more organic than that.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I believe most if not all of it is from the music clinic before Northern Invasion last year. It also appears to be a recording of their mics not just a cell phone in someones pocket.

Speaking of that clinic, still haven't got my "family photo" or anything about the damaged shirt i received in the mail as my merch for the clinic. Maybe I will send them another e-mail it's been months since my last.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

When and if Maynard recorded is very confusing. Is it possible he recorded on the road? They are obviously being tight lipped to try and avoid a leak. I was hopeful for a little more clarity and insight this time but I should have known.

Do you guys think we can expect a new stage set up and lights for the spring tour?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Dude, that video is great! I have never heard any of these bits from the Q&A (if you heard the older leaked one, this is all quite different). Really makes me wonder, yet again, if someone in the Tool camp doesn't "leak" these things to the Tool Archive account.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

joeypants wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:20 pm Dude, that video is great! I have never heard any of these bits from the Q&A (if you heard the older leaked one, this is all quite different). Really makes me wonder, yet again, if someone in the Tool camp doesn't "leak" these things to the Tool Archive account.
I'm sure I've heard the part where Adam speaks in that Q&A, but I can't quite picture where. Given that ToolArchive bugs me fcor info every now and then, I'm not sure he's being fed much from the Tool camp
They are obviously being tight lipped to try and avoid a leak
I think this is the most likely scenario. While I don't think they are protecting a leak as such, I think the band are happy with being somewhat opaque when it comes to the details of the recording. I don't think we'll get a dribble feed of album information - I'm expecting that one morning (probably in 2019) I'll wake up and there will be a large press release with album details, tracklisting, cover art and pre-order information, maybe even a single.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

That's what I've been expecting for several years now. The old sneaky here it all is promo. Similar to what metallica did with hardwired randomly one morning.
Listen to All Them Witches