Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
bob
Toast

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob »

ya, i thought the same thing seeing that new animation deal. the glasses again? not really into big clunky packaging just to see some 3D pictures a few times over and then kinda forget about it as the years go on. its ok but i dont need that again.

so a single coming out this week ? ya right, right ? dooh!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Tool_User wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:20 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:58 pm Missing a few songs there too lads. Good to see all that money they make from their fan base is being spent well on portraying a professional well oiled machine
They use our hard earned money to overpay their road crew you ungrateful prick!
I thought it went into their constant photo shoots they always do. Seriously though, 2019 you'd think they'd have their website sorted as big a band they are. Bloody hopeless. I love em but they are truly hopeless
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

All part of the charm imo.

I fucking love it, instead of news (which there rarely is any) we have Blair going on about how magic mushrooms relate to Santa and his piss or something, glow in the dark federal agents and various travels to Area 51.

I don't like the new website though, it seems Blair is having a hard time too, hope he's still getting his monthly (yearly?) $666 cheques.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Don't assume Blair does anything for the website aside from providing content.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I don't ask for much but when ya website is displaying completely incorrect content this close to a release and your ripping off fans paying half a grand for meet and greet mementos I draw the line.i mean some care factor is required as a bare minimum surely
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:59 am Don't assume Blair does anything for the website aside from providing content.
Never have, once again part of the charm, Blair gets paid to put out 'news' or at least something each month when he's basically out of the loop as much as the fans.

His newsletters reminded me of the newsletters some members would produce of a certain fraternal order.
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:25 am
Tool_User wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:20 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:58 pm Missing a few songs there too lads. Good to see all that money they make from their fan base is being spent well on portraying a professional well oiled machine
They use our hard earned money to overpay their road crew you ungrateful prick!
I thought it went into their constant photo shoots they always do. Seriously though, 2019 you'd think they'd have their website sorted as big a band they are. Bloody hopeless. I love em but they are truly hopeless
I'd be annoyed if I'd paid membership fees but as I haven't I laugh my tits off.
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

What's the minimum notice the band might resonably give before dropping a single? I assume a digital single release wouldn't require much notice at all. Would radio markets need advance info?

Just curious - asking out of a bit of ignorance on the subject.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

At this point I really feel they want to debut these new songs live, which would be great for the fans attending.
Canned audience laughter
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I hope they capitalize as much as possible on sunday. Imagine a badass new intro with a new animation or something, then the band slowly walks on stage and starts playing a brand new song.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:27 am
hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:59 am Don't assume Blair does anything for the website aside from providing content.
Never have, once again part of the charm, Blair gets paid to put out 'news' or at least something each month when he's basically out of the loop as much as the fans.
I'm not convinced he gets paid for his "job"
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

unclejackson wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:43 am What's the minimum notice the band might resonably give before dropping a single? I assume a digital single release wouldn't require much notice at all. Would radio markets need advance info?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure singles are only digital now, I don't think anyone bothers printing physical singles anymore. And since the album is finished mixing and mastering, that means they can literally just drop it whenever they want, no notice.
Ettan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:59 am I hope they capitalize as much as possible on sunday. Imagine a badass new intro with a new animation or something, then the band slowly walks on stage and starts playing a brand new song.
I think a good way of doing the single release would be that, just start playing it at a show and at the same time have a dude backstage upload the song to the relevant websites. Everyone at the show gets to experience it live for the first time, everyone on else around the world gets the official song rather than some shitty fancam clips.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Moridin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:16 am
unclejackson wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:43 am What's the minimum notice the band might resonably give before dropping a single? I assume a digital single release wouldn't require much notice at all. Would radio markets need advance info?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure singles are only digital now, I don't think anyone bothers printing physical singles anymore. And since the album is finished mixing and mastering, that means they can literally just drop it whenever they want, no notice.
Ettan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:59 am I hope they capitalize as much as possible on sunday. Imagine a badass new intro with a new animation or something, then the band slowly walks on stage and starts playing a brand new song.
I think a good way of doing the single release would be that, just start playing it at a show and at the same time have a dude backstage upload the song to the relevant websites. Everyone at the show gets to experience it live for the first time, everyone on else around the world gets the official song rather than some shitty fancam clips.
Considering the current state of physical CD sales, and the fact that Tool are no longer bound by their old record contract, this seems like a very feasible outcome.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm sure many would prefer Tool take a more modern and open approach to releasing their new material. I'm sure those some people also realise this is unlikely.

It seems absurd to me that it's getting increasingly likely we get no form of update prior to the tour.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

It doesnt seem absurd to me at all...

Just trust what the band members say guys! The drummer has been quoted as saying this:

"We'll probably release the new album by the end of the year, or at the very latest early spring."
-Danny Carey, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

If they don’t play something new on the fifth it all makes zero sense. You would have to almost assume major disfunction. I really thought we would have way more info this time around.

Please play something new and make up for this Long, LONg wait.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I will almost guarantee they play one new song (not any piece of Descending) and that's it until the full "album tour."
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

I think after this album our best hope is that Tool starts releasing EP’s again or just singles. I’d be perfectly okay with a single every year or two.
sudnshok
Bronco's Fan

Post by sudnshok »

I predict the April newsletter (which will likely get posted in May) doesn't have any new info on the album at all and I also predict that everyone is let down when they play zero new songs on this mini tour. Zero. You guys are all way too optimistic. Album drops October at best.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

I saw Hot Chip last night and they only played 2 new songs from their upcoming record. I bet Tool does one new song and a cover on shows before the new album is released.
“Casual Fan”
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

While they owe us nothing, we have elevated them to the level of millionaires, so the contempt with which they treat us is baffling.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

sudnshok wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:25 am I predict the April newsletter (which will likely get posted in May) doesn't have any new info on the album at all and I also predict that everyone is let down when they play zero new songs on this mini tour. Zero. You guys are all way too optimistic. Album drops October at best.
April was out a while back with more tour dates...
Deftones!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

You guys are finally seeing what I said a very long time ago Tool doesn’t give a damn about their fans. Those of you that have purchased tickets for upcoming shows should cancel them if possible and tweet at Tool that you cancelled because they could not be bothered to update you as to whether or not new music would be played.

Hellboy should use this platform to express how wrong what Tool is doing is and someone should tweet that at Tool and Maynard. I suspect he doesn’t want to burn bridges but at a certain point you gotta speak up. They should post the link to reddit as well and outlets such as Loudwire which will run with anything.

It is WRONG to have sold tickets to shows that start in a week with no update about the album or new music.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

The butt hurt has reached a whole new level on this forum. Did Tool mention that they would be performing the new album, or playing the new single when they started selling tickets for this tour? Then why would it make any sense to cancel your purchase when you made an educated gamble on the show? Why don't we all just wait and see what happens next week when they start performing before freaking out. It's literally not the end of the world. From the looks of some of these posts, you guys obviously (or at least I hope) have good health and nobody in your circle is ill or dying. Be thankful for that. And chill out.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:51 am While they owe us nothing, we have elevated them to the level of millionaires, so the contempt with which they treat us is baffling.
See that is complete horeshit they do owe their fans basic communication about the status of the album, especially when they are promoting upcoming shows they want said fans to buy tickets to. Tool lives in this bizarro world where they think the fans are irrelevant when the fans are what made them what they are. As you said, multi-millionaires. They didn’t get there by themselves the fans have been there with them from the beginning buying albums and merch and tickets and spreading word of mouth and buying tickets for their friends and introducing their friends to Tool. Without fans there would be no Tool. You are entitled to being treated with respect and honesty from a band you helped become successful beyond anything they could have ever imagined.

I don’t have twitter nor will I ever have any social media account but at this point it is beyond me why all of you that are on social media have not expressed your displeasure.
Last edited by M0G on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most intelligent person on this forum