Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
gamebounty
RIP

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by gamebounty »

Yea, theme-wise, I'm hoping they go ancient on us. There's a treasure-trove of material that would fit their style nicely. Let's see some some Easter island stuff next, or something paleolithic.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I can't believe what i'm seeing this morning. Finally!!!!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/887885e ... /tenor.gif
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ettan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 am I can't believe what i'm seeing this morning. Finally!!!!

This is your first go around with a Tool album release right?
The most intelligent person on this forum
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

M0G wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:37 am
Ettan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 am I can't believe what i'm seeing this morning. Finally!!!!

Indeed it is!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ettan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:56 am
M0G wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:37 am

Indeed it is!
Enjoy it. Ignore old grumps like me. This is gonna be a special time for you.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

hellboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:45 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:41 pm
hellboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:38 pm I believe it's just been announced - August 30th
Where abouts , as in they just did on stage ?
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!
Now I can die happily.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Try not to die until after Aug 30 imo
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

The closing riff/ breakdown at the end of descending still blows me away. Feels like ages since I've heard that sound. That's some lateralus kind of grind, and they sound fucking tighter than ever. Sets an amazing tone for the album
also, Avatar!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

trilobite wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:42 am The closing riff/ breakdown at the end of descending still blows me away. Feels like ages since I've heard that sound. That's some lateralus kind of grind, and they sound fucking tighter than ever. Sets an amazing tone for the album
Agreed I broke out the good headphones and wow. Descending is Lateralus level good. Super technical super tight amazing. Invincible is amazing as well but for me Lateralus is the high mark and Descending hits that level.

Gotta give it to @children - he did indeed say many years ago Tool could still reach that level and I truly didn’t think it was possible. Now in terms of the album obviously as you mentioned it is wait and see as to if the other songs are at that same level but I have a hard time imagining they won’t be equally as good.

The other thing I am happy about is they definitely have found a particular sound for this album. As different as Descending and Invincible are to each other they sound like they belong on the same album there is an unmistakable vibe there. Adam mentioned they are in 7 quite a bit. Point being they haven’t tried to recapture a previous sound.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

It's gonna be good
also, Avatar!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

All good Mog! We're all part of the Tool family here
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

limeygringo wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:27 pm I might have been right, I'm putting my money on MMXIX as the album title.
while I hope you are wrong, it's actually possible that this will be the official title. kinda lame imho. do you think there'll be a song called MMXIX then?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I sure as shit know it's gonna be a struggle to not listen to Invincible between now and late August. Down right impossible actually. I'll try to give it to end of month if I can in the hope they release a single but it's probably unlikely they would so far from the album release date yeah?
Listen to All Them Witches
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 am I sure as shit know it's gonna be a struggle to not listen to Invincible between now and late August. Down right impossible actually. I'll try to give it to end of month if I can in the hope they release a single but it's probably unlikely they would so far from the album release date yeah?
Maybe there won't even be a single...
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Descending def has a Lateralus fucking feel to it, yet still different. Gives me goosebumps, It’s a fucking bad ass song that I can’t stop playing at the moment. MJK has a few surprises on the record for sure. Invincible is something else man, but to be honest I don’t think any of the current bootlegs are doing it justice. I’ll have to hold off on that one until Aug I guess. Fellow Aussies, do albums generally come out a day earlier out here or what is the go?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Nah dude Friday mornings unless midnight releases are still a thing in the big cities ?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

lukas wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:05 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 am I sure as shit know it's gonna be a struggle to not listen to Invincible between now and late August. Down right impossible actually. I'll try to give it to end of month if I can in the hope they release a single but it's probably unlikely they would so far from the album release date yeah?
Maybe there won't even be a single...
Maybe not. Be surprised if they don't release a digital copy one of the songs but ya never know
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I must have fucked ears because anytime I try to listen to these bootlegs my mind just says NOPE and I click out

Or you're a bunch of fucking fan boys
Canned audience laughter
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I get it, it’s really hard to tune out those idiots. I found it easier with headphones without watching the video and just try and focus on the music.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:13 am I must have fucked ears because anytime I try to listen to these bootlegs my mind just says NOPE and I click out

Have you tried that link some dude put up that was allegedly an audio engineer? Was just audio only. I listened to that and wasn't too bad. It cut out the audience and could hear the overall sound pretty decent. Adam and Danny were highest in the mix and justin/ Maynard a bit buried but still could hear their parts
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:13 am I must have fucked ears because anytime I try to listen to these bootlegs my mind just says NOPE and I click out

Not sure anyone is trying to claim the recordings so far are good quality. They're listenable, unless you're ego is big enough you need to market yourself as some kind of audiophile. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better - I doubt any of us give a fuck.

It's about having a preview, rather than something decent to listen on repeat for the next 4 months.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Not sure this been shared here but full show in ok audio, The Pot is sounding better than ever imo!
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

Welcome to Louisville Junior! I saw tool the last time they were here in 2001.

I know you don’t know me from Adam, but I would like to shake your hand. The lighting you all put on is outstanding!

Will you be at the soundboard? Would it be too creepy to come by there (if possible) and say hey? I am in section 105

If you have time and like craft beer, I highly recommend Against The Grain.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

What if that’s just the single date lol
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:41 am

Not sure anyone is trying to claim the recordings so far are good quality. They're listenable, unless you're ego is big enough you need to market yourself as some kind of audiophile. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better - I doubt any of us give a fuck.
Not marketing myself as any kind of audiophile at all mate, did you miss the part where I said I must have fucked ears? Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better - I doubt any of us give a fuck.

You guys can listen to these shitty recordings all you want and fawn over them, I'm just pointing out my truth and reality, instead of taking the collective kool aid.
Canned audience laughter