Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm »

One of the other reasons I'm trying to hold out: I listened to Vicarious over and over before 10,000 Days was released.

When the album came out and Vicarious kicked off, I thought...I've heard this before, get on with it. I was just impatient for the new stuff.

That feeling isn't as intense after 13 years, but it's still in the back of my mind whenever I revisit 10,000 Days.

I just want to hear this album as a whole.

And, for everyone digging these new songs, right on! Keep on sharing your thoughts and love for these tracks. Makes me more excited for August 30th!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:05 pm
Specter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:31 am It is very tempting, but I’m with you fellers!
Right on Specter. Hey dude, I think we're coming back to New Orleans when the US tour gets announced. Will let ya know.
It really is one of the best cities to see any band in, Tool most especially. There's a very tangible vibe in the air anytime I see a show there that doesn't compare to anywhere else.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

For real, Joey. I've seen Tool twice in New Orleans. Both times were unforgettable. We try to travel for Tool shows whenever we can. The lady asked where do we want to go for the tour. Of course, we agreed on New Orleans. We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary soon. Our first date was Tool in New Orleans in 2010.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:16 pm For real, Joey. I've seen Tool twice in New Orleans. Both times were unforgettable. We try to travel for Tool shows whenever we can. The lady asked where do we want to go for the tour. Of course, we agreed on New Orleans. We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary soon. Our first date was Tool in New Orleans in 2010.
Oh man, I was at that show!! Opening night when they finally broke the streak of that steadily declining setlist from 07-09. I'll never forget the elation at hearing Timothy Leary blast out of those speakers.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Just reading that gave me goosebumps. The whole crowd went nuts when they opened with Third Eye, me included.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Speaking of set list changes. I really hope in the fall tour after the album drops they change it up drastically. Would love to hear H. and roseta stoned again live.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with how long all these new songs supposedly are. Will they push beyond a 90 minute set once more, like they did during the Lateralus shows? Will they just rotate new songs throughout the tour? Or will they stick to 4 or 5 new songs mixed in with their greatest hits rotation?

I hope they don't resign from playing new material like they did with 10,000 Days. I was fortunate enough to catch Wings and RIght in Two before they were retired. Right in Two is an absolute banger live. But yes, I agree. I would love to hear H. and Rosetta Stoned once more, but I don't think we're going to get deep tracks again until after the new album tour completes. Maybe then we can get some D/R/T action, hopefully!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Yeah I’d kill for third eye, h, or eulogy at epicenter but am still excited for Saturday with the current set list. I got lucky first time I saw them and got the grudge, pushit, ticks and leeches, D/R/T and Lateralus so I can’t really complain.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I love Eulogy. It wasn't a good sign for that song when they finally played it a couple years ago in PA and then never played it again on the tour. That song is one of the harder songs on Maynard's voice. I'm not sure that's ever getting played again. I hope I'm wrong.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I'd give my left nut to hear eulogy or H. In that order but dude youre about to witness some brand new tunes that sound like they will be incredible live! Enjoy it
Listen to All Them Witches
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

can’t believe I’m packing tums with me for the festival. Times have changed.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

LOL, I know man. I have to bring an emergency kit to work with me. Tums included.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

joeypants wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:55 pm
Bill Hilly wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:05 pm
Specter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:31 am It is very tempting, but I’m with you fellers!
Right on Specter. Hey dude, I think we're coming back to New Orleans when the US tour gets announced. Will let ya know.
It really is one of the best cities to see any band in, Tool most especially. There's a very tangible vibe in the air anytime I see a show there that doesn't compare to anywhere else.
Indeed so! Love the place

When they hit NO, we’ll have to pregame with a round or 5 of drinks and raise our glasses to Bill.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

That'd be awesome!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Boldizar wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:40 pm
Were these the 'mastered' ones?
not sure, but sound absolutely fantastic for fan recording, like one of the best ive heard for tool
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

This one sounds so good! Whoever did this - god bless you.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

M0G wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:21 pm Much respect to you fellas for sticking to your guns, but i am just gonna throw it out there...life is short and tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone...been 13 years...songs are amazing...is it really worth waiting? Food for thought.
As nihilistic as this may sound to some this actually was a pretty big reason I caved on Invincible. I had a mate die in a car crash when I was 17 and at the time he and his best mate were having a blue. Seeing the grief in his surviving buddies face had a massive impact on me at the time that to this day I never leave on bad terms with anyone I care about coz ya never know if it's the last time you're going to ever see them again.

Applied that theory to this new song and told myself if I were to pass before August 30 I'd be pretty pissed off. Odds are I'll make it no dramas and a part of me on first listen will wish I stayed strong but here where i sit today (on the shitter mind you) I'm comfortable with my decision
Listen to All Them Witches
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I've enjoyed blasting these new "mastered" bootlegs but... that's all I'm listening to until August. If they debut anything else I'm refraining.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Boldizar wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:40 pm
Were these the 'mastered' ones?
yes
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

holy comments! i cant keep up!

the buzz is threw the roof right now. hearing the alabama recording makes me ''get'' the new songs more. thats the way its suppose to be! so awesome that the taper decided to release that into the wild. cheers to that person biig time!

atm these new songs come across as standing the test of time even more then there other stuff. they dont easily stick in your head and are less traditional sounding tool songs. music like that leaves me wanting more cause you cant easily hum,know it as well yet its good and keeps you coming back for more. i really hope the rest of the album lives up to what we've heard so far. very hopeful for this being an amazing record. maybe im just too excited right now but will see what happens.

even my asshole sorta neigbhour was nice to me today. are we radiating or what ? haha cheese.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

joeypants wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:17 pm that's all I'm listening to until August. If they debut anything else I'm refraining.
My thoughts exactly at the current moment - I'm not gonna listen any new material until the new album drops.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ziggy23 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:43 pm
joeypants wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:17 pm that's all I'm listening to until August. If they debut anything else I'm refraining.
My thoughts exactly at the current moment - I'm not gonna listen any new material until the new album drops.
you guys are nutz! originally i had hoped to hear the cd old school style (hearing it for the first time when i buy it) but now that it wont be out for some time and they are touring i'll take whatever new music i can hear as fast as i can!

good luck with that if you really want to. thats a feat if you can do it, i know i simply cannot!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:08 pm
M0G wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:21 pm Much respect to you fellas for sticking to your guns, but i am just gonna throw it out there...life is short and tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone...been 13 years...songs are amazing...is it really worth waiting? Food for thought.
As nihilistic as this may sound to some this actually was a pretty big reason I caved on Invincible. I had a mate die in a car crash when I was 17 and at the time he and his best mate were having a blue. Seeing the grief in his surviving buddies face had a massive impact on me at the time that to this day I never leave on bad terms with anyone I care about coz ya never know if it's the last time you're going to ever see them again.

Applied that theory to this new song and told myself if I were to pass before August 30 I'd be pretty pissed off. Odds are I'll make it no dramas and a part of me on first listen will wish I stayed strong but here where i sit today (on the shitter mind you) I'm comfortable with my decision
Yep same man with all the shit I have dealt with this year and it being 13 fucking years since 10,000 Days there was no way in hell I wasn't going to listen to these songs non stop. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone anything can happen you can be in perfect health and like you mentioned about your mate boom car accident. And as an Atheist I have no belief system at all. When it is done it is done. So you bet your ass I am listening to these Tool songs nonstop. If they debut new songs I will listen to them to. If the album leaks I will listen to that as well. And of course I will order the second the thing becomes available for pre-order.

I wasn't planning on buying a physical copy. Just digital. But with these songs being so good and with Tool actually being cool about the youtube vids and not taking shit down I think I owe them a physical cd purchase as well.
Last edited by M0G on Thu May 09, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm And as an Atheist I have no believe system at all.
Eh
Canned audience laughter