Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by rshforgothispw »

Takeo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:33 pm Interesting point, because it has always thrown me that the 10k Days graphic is not symmetrical.
I can’t remember where I read it but I saw Adam is Into chirality where things are mirrored but not quite symmetrical so who knows
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Seems legit to me. If not it's a great effort at a fake
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

So they spent all that time perfecting what could be their last album, all the hurdles and stress and blood and sweat. Then decided to name it chod... Fuck off!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Like the pic though.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I hope it’s called chod
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Tool_User wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:10 pm So they spent all that time perfecting what could be their last album, all the hurdles and stress and blood and sweat. Then decided to name it chod... Fuck off!
Well the bands name is Tool.

The lead singer has other releases named V Is For Vagina, Money Shot, Aenima, ...
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I don't like that album name or the font, but the artwork is wicked. I hope Tool deliver something at least as trippy.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

@Tool User - Danny is the man and he is a decent dude doesn’t treat fans like shit. Let Danny do the talking just provide him with accurate dates.

As for this Tool logo fake Chod? Lolz god I hope that is fake. That would be one of the worst album titles of all time.

Tool puts this shit on themselves if they acted like a normal fucking band and announced the fucking album name when they announced the release date like every other normal fucking band this kind of bullshit wouldn’t happen.

Fucking Tool pisses me the fuck off
The most intelligent person on this forum
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

On one hand: Where the fuck is CCTrip?

On the other: There is a black square on their Instagram

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ahhh, Infotainment!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Black Square? Black Mirror connection!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:26 am
Tool_User wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:10 pm So they spent all that time perfecting what could be their last album, all the hurdles and stress and blood and sweat. Then decided to name it chod... Fuck off!
Well the bands name is Tool.

The lead singer has other releases named V Is For Vagina, Money Shot, Aenima, ...
If it were left up to maynard to name the album then fair enough but I'm not buying it. No way would Adam let them name his most highly anticipated work 'chod'
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

M0G wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:44 am @Tool User - Danny is the man and he is a decent dude doesn’t treat fans like shit. Let Danny do the talking just provide him with accurate dates.

As for this Tool logo fake Chod? Lolz god I hope that is fake. That would be one of the worst album titles of all time.

Tool puts this shit on themselves if they acted like a normal fucking band and announced the fucking album name when they announced the release date like every other normal fucking band this kind of bullshit wouldn’t happen.

It's probably tool releasing these fake album details as some kind of misinformation drive 😂

Well I'll be seeing them in a week I might stand near the front screaming chod and see if I get a reaction.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ms2r wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:50 am Black Square? Black Mirror connection!
good one! did you see that new nin shirt ? dont sell out or anything,Trent. Pass on all that including the square.

if CHOD is pronounced like FRAUD,it doesnt sound as bad.(how ironic!) if its pronounced the other
way it sounds stupid. whatever.

i do like that Tool logo. Even if its fan made i think its cool looking and suits them well. better
then that circle jerk 10k thing ive been looking at for the past 13 fn years! bahah

Kittaan says ''Somebody had to do it. I just hope there are multiple versions/variations on a theme coming between now and 8/30. Exciting times.''

Sounds like you already knew about this. O o
Some of that is b.s for sure. the power of fear/graveyards. wth is that crap!

can anybody be straight up anymore ?

There ya go! thats the theme of Chod!

Last edited by bob on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:34 am
M0G wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:44 am @Tool User - Danny is the man and he is a decent dude doesn’t treat fans like shit. Let Danny do the talking just provide him with accurate dates.

It's probably tool releasing these fake album details as some kind of misinformation drive 😂

Well I'll be seeing them in a week I might stand near the front screaming chod and see if I get a reaction.
:lol: get the entire crowd chanting Chod Chod Chod
The most intelligent person on this forum
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Chod? Are you fucking kidding me? LMAO
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

:lol: get the entire crowd chanting Chod Chod Chod
dude! totally man! just say around you ''i hear the new album is called Chod and start going nuts with it! people will participate, guaranteed!

if they start wondering what the heck is going on it looks good on them. its a two way street!

do it!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

rshforgothispw wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm Image

Don't kill the messenger, but here it goes... I can't reveal my source and won't say anything else aside from this initial post. This truly is their best, most conceptual and comprehensive album ever. It builds on the spiritual underpinnings of Lateralus, reaches the beautiful peaks of 10k Days, and hits as heavy as anything off of Opiate/Undertow/or Aenima.

**The new album is called Chod.**

​

In typical tool fashion, these four little letters carry a ton of weight (and humor). As we know, a Chode is another name for a dick. It's also one letter off from Chad, which is sort of a sarcastic commentary on the modern "Chad," or douche bro. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, *"Chod is an ancient Tibetan practice known as "Cutting Through the Ego." Based on the Perfection of Wisdom sutras, which expound the "emptiness concept of Buddhist philosophy. Emptiness is the ultimate wisdom of understanding that all things lack inherent existence. Chöd combines philosophy with specific meditation methods and tantric ritual. The chod practitioner seeks to tap the power of fear through activities such as rituals set in graveyards, and visualisation of offering their bodies in a tantric feast in order to put their understanding of emptiness to the ultimate test."*

​

As far as packaging, it's hard to describe. Best I could explain is that it unfolds into a three dimensional "temple" of sorts. It's illuminated internally, so it has a small battery. The "temple" pop-up thingy itself is sort of gothic, but entirely psychedelic, and almost cybernetic in a way. It's hard to describe. It's like they created this "entity." Its almost more like a portal when viewed in the dark. I have NO idea how they pulled this off, but I suspect the current tour is geared to recouping some of the costs.

​

There will be multiple tiered versions of this release, with the most ambitious described above.

​

**ALBUM COVER:**

https://i.redd.it/a66t8fcuy4331.jpg

**TRACKLIST:**

The Coward

Passage (For Regardie)

Invincible

I.S.G.

**Chöd**

Descending

Abyss

The Give In / The Dive
Quality shitpost :mrgreen:
- You like noisy music?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i think some of it seems true. the pop up book thing i said a few days ago when i heard about some button that makes it open up. hearing about batteries before/the light and this temple deal. makes sense.

the tiers of which one you want to buy also makes sense. some fans will buy them all and you know they know that = $$$$. the colours would be diff on each version more then likely.

the artwork could be an unfinished version of the cover.

and then this CHODE person that commented..is that BLAIR ?
i like what they said but this is becoming a giant cluster f#%k !

exciting times!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The funny thing with Tool is they have never over promised and under delivered, they've released exactly what they said they would, it's the fans with all these bullshit expectations that leads to disappointment and calls of decoy albums and such.

Curb your expectations.
Canned audience laughter
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

Knock “chod” all you want, but what did y’all say when the title “10,000 Days” was leaked?

I was hoping the title would be Secks Tool
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

snazzl3frass wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:23 am Knock “chod” all you want, but what did y’all say when the title “10,000 Days” was leaked?

I was hoping the title would be Secks Tool
thats so true! i was one of them saying 'no way its going to call be called 10,000 days. dooh!

Tyson has a point for sure. at times i get stoked and think about it but you gotta put it to rest too. i will. atm though i was getting excited by this.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

ms2r wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:50 am Black Square? Black Mirror connection!
Someone was saying the album cover might be released in 9 pieces on Instagram. That part checks out..so far
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

10,000 days is a cool name. Chod is something you use as an insult. Tyson is a chod.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I think of it as a compliment, really.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.