Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by liz »

@HB I would think it entirely appropriate where they to provide you with a "listening event" given your years of service to their cause and your promise of an honest appraisal.

Can I come?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Pretty sure you'd have to leave any listening devices at the door, that would include hearing aids.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

You should come Tyson. I'll be serving splayed nuggets.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Never once complained about being called a nugget, but if you have evidence to the contrary please screenshot it, like other claims you've made that I'm waiting on you to substantiate.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:15 am @HB I would think it entirely appropriate where they to provide you with a "listening event" given your years of service to their cause and your promise of an honest appraisal.

Can I come?
Sounds fair, I'll see what I can do. You'll be among the first on the invite list if I should run such a thing
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Those Berlin vids are amazing. The Vicarious video sounds great, one of the best live recordings I've heard for sure. In the Descending vid during that breakdown after the slide guitar solo section, they zoom in on Danny and you can really get a feel for those "feathered symbols" through out that part leading to the "Grudge style riff". Also that "TA TA KESH" drum synth thing is so damn cool makes me think of a lightning crash over the ocean!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:57 am According to a recent Reddit post there's a new album listening event for European media happening either tonight, or has happened recently. I expect an embargo will prevent any reviews getting out, but maybe we'll here some snippets of info in the coming days.
Is it legit or just a rumour?

Last edited by ziggy23 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ziggy23 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:20 am
hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:57 am According to a recent Reddit post there's a new album listening event for European media happening either tonight, or has happened recently. I expect an embargo will prevent any reviews getting out, but maybe we'll here some snippets of info in the coming days.
Is it legit or just a rumor?
It's legit. I don't expect reviews to drop soon, as there is most certainly an embargo.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

1:41:50 to 1:45:30 - this is after cctrip that I thought was new stuff when I heard it.

1:44:45 it gets a bit more body.

Have I been oblivious to the toolarchive updates that include this somewhere from previous tours?

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

That synth part at 1:44:45 has been used as a lead into Vicarious semi-frequently for some time now. The stuff prior to that sounds new to my ears. Time will tell if it's a part of the new album. It almost sounded like the Pushit Chord progression
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

What’s wrong with swamp song?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

inequitude wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:43 am Also @junior - bit of a weird Q but any reason why the confetti at the end of Stinkfist is no more? I imagined it was some impressively large trigger device like something from the batcave that activated it.... or the Waynes World twizzler thing above your head that you gave a yank and away she blows. It was a cool addition. Too much mess for the event staff afterwards?
Confetti didn’t fit the current show for a few reasons.
Can’t elaborate any more than that at the moment.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:50 am
ziggy23 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:01 pm June 16– Donington, GB @ Download Festival

Gosh darn the second half of Descending is amazing.

Those 4 heavy duty lights aren't hung literally above the band are they Junior?
Not directly over their heads, but they are over the stage.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

What are these rumors about listening parties that keep getting deleted off reddit? Is it that the album is actually Chöd? :lol:
Ahhh, Infotainment!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

limeygringo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:16 pm What are these rumors about listening parties that keep getting deleted off reddit? Is it that the album is actually Chöd? :lol:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Who cares just announce the fucking album name and pre-order date fuck what the hell is wrong with Tool put the damn thing up on ITunes and Amazon and call it a fucking day. Let us purchase Descending and Invincible NOW digitally and you plastic lovers can buy your physical copies in two months.

Of course that isn't gonna happen because Adam is a dipshit

There will likely be no fucking pre-order just album available digitally and in the 1982 plastic edition on August 30th.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I'm still hoping for the artwork to contain nothing but solid Mog Tool rants is the form of a newspaper clipping collage.

Started learning Invincible on bass. Man such a tasty bass lick. That's a big element that sets Tool apart to me to other prog bands. Others get caught up in being as technically proficient as they can and lose all any form of groove or hook.

Invincible main bass lick is so incredibly piss easy but such an absolutely killer lick
Last edited by Busty McCracken on Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to All Them Witches
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

There's a small part of me that actually wants the album to be delayed, just to witness the fallout. :lol:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

nxrm wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:36 pm There's a small part of me that actually wants the album to be delayed, just to witness the fallout. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Listen to All Them Witches
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

rshforgothispw wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:06 am What’s wrong with swamp song?
Nothing, sounded great in 2006.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:31 pm I'm still hoping for the artwork to contain nothing but solid Mog Tool rants is the form of a newspaper clipping collage.

Started learning Invincible on bass. Man such a tasty bass lick. That's a big element that sets Tool apart to me to other prog bands. Others get caught up in being as technically proficient as they can and lose all any form of groove or hook.

Invincible main bass lick is so incredibly piss easy but such an absolutely killer lick
Ha! Listening to Descending today, I had to pick up my bass and try to cop some of it. What a coincidence. And totally agree on the groove. Best rhythm section in Rock.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:31 pm Started learning Invincible on bass. Man such a tasty bass lick. That's a big element that sets Tool apart to me to other prog bands. Others get caught up in being as technically proficient as they can and lose all any form of groove or hook.

Invincible has some stellar bass work. Probably the best bass driven Tool song since Schism.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

oh god! rumours about a listening party thing. i cant do it! ha