Post by tys0n »

There were no vip sessions in 2007
Canned audience laughter
atax
Maynard Believer

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by atax »

PimPle wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:23 am
tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:59 am Adam had been working on Invincible for over 12 years, geez
Dude works fast, what can I say...
Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:14 am Was that legit he was playing it in 07? When and where , as in doodling live or at a VIP session? Just surprised no one has mentioned that yet anywhere
I don't recall having heard that much of it before, possibly bits and pieces but still not any real recollection....
As I recall Justin said there are riffs/song ideas on this album that they came up with in the past (10-15-20 years ago) but back then those just didnt work out, so they put them on rest.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I was going to say that, pretty sure during the 10,000 days press junket he stated there were plenty of ideas left on the table for the next album and it should be out 'a lot quicker'

lol
Canned audience laughter
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Did the guys really play hush last night? Or is that just people fucking around?
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Baahumbug wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:41 am Did the guys really play hush last night? Or is that just people fucking around?
No.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 13971.html
A festival setlist. Thus no parabol and no CCTrip. And Sweat instead of Intolerance.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Import question Junior: who is the Tool vaccuum guy?

Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

https://www.alternativenation.net/tool- ... -revealed/

Is this b.s? What is the chance that a single release and video will take place?
Fartypants_McGee
Bronco's Fan

Post by Fartypants_McGee »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 am Import question Junior: who is the Tool vaccuum guy?

He's the hero we need, but not the hero we deserve.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Tool New Single Release Finally Revealed

We could be just days away from Tool’s first new studio single since 2006, as Jose Mangin has announced on SiriusXM that the first single from the new Tool album will be released in July. Mangin said he asked a Tool employee for information, and that’s what he was told.

Tool have been performing “Descending” and “Invincible” live for the last month, and it’s currently unknown if one of those two songs or another will be the lead single. Tool have not yet released a tracklisting for the new album, though that should come along with a single release.

Maynard James Keenan and Adam Jones followed David Lynch on Twitter recently, leading to speculation that Lynch could direct a music video for the band, like he has done in the past for other bands like Nine Inch Nails. Lynch worked with Nine Inch Nails and Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder just a couple of years ago on Twin Peaks, so he would definitely be a great fit.
Who the fuck is Jose Mangin? Can we trust him?
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

ziggy23 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:00 am

We could be just days away from Tool’s first new studio single since 2006, as Jose Mangin has announced on SiriusXM that the first single from the new Tool album will be released in July. Mangin said he asked a Tool employee for information, and that’s what he was told.

Tool have been performing “Descending” and “Invincible” live for the last month, and it’s currently unknown if one of those two songs or another will be the lead single. Tool have not yet released a tracklisting for the new album, though that should come along with a single release.

Maynard James Keenan and Adam Jones followed David Lynch on Twitter recently, leading to speculation that Lynch could direct a music video for the band, like he has done in the past for other bands like Nine Inch Nails. Lynch worked with Nine Inch Nails and Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder just a couple of years ago on Twin Peaks, so he would definitely be a great fit.
He is a radio DJ for SiriusXM, and pretty big in the Metal scene. Dude is super annoying to listen to haha.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

MobileVortex wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:08 am

He is a radio DJ for SiriusXM, and pretty big in the Metal scene. Dude is super annoying to listen to haha.
Ok, I see.

@Mog - Hey, Mog, are you satisfied now with the possible release of a single in July? He-he-he
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Joe Mangina!

Old Gregg strikes again!

:lol:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

That is a face that can be trusted.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
OLDGREG
Maynard Believer

Post by OLDGREG »

that aint me chief
nxrm wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:31 am Joe Mangina!

Old Gregg strikes again!

:lol:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ziggy23 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:19 am

Ok, I see.

@Mog - Hey, Mog, are you satisfied now with the possible release of a single in July? He-he-he
Don’t believe a thing unless it comes from Hellboy or ToolArchive until Tool themselves actually announce it.
The most intelligent person on this forum
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Jose mangin was also used as a source for when that fake article came out regarding the make up date for epicenter festival so I wouldn’t hold this too close.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

It would be nice if its true but June is going by pretty fast. Even if we don't get a single it's only about two months til chod.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Chöd, not Chod.

Guess that tracklist:
1. CCtrip
2. Ascending
3. Invincible
4. Descending
5. CCtrip pt2
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

M0G wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:26 am
ziggy23 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:19 am

Ok, I see.

Don’t believe a thing unless it comes from Hellboy or ToolArchive until Tool themselves actually announce it.
Definitely a good M.O.. Does Jose Mnuchin have a history of hyperbolic speculation disguised as news like Alt Nation?
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Gonna call the next official announcement will be around July 4 holiday - album title, tracklisting, wordmark, artwork, studio version release/“single”, praying mantis (!) vid, and fall tour dates all coinciding with the end of the Euro tour and next newsletter. All of it! My sources are wishful thinking and a dash of naïveté.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Takeo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:03 pm Gonna call the next official announcement will be around July 4 holiday - album title, tracklisting, wordmark, artwork, studio version release/“single”, praying mantis (!) vid, and fall tour dates all coinciding with the end of the Euro tour and next newsletter. All of it! My sources are wishful thinking and a dash of naïveté.
Nothing wrong with that my friend I certainly hope you are right. I am still very much I will believe it when I see it regarding an actual "single" since the album likely only has 5 or 6 full songs on it given the shortest song is around 11 minutes (check Tool Archives latest vid on that one). Moreover since everyone has already heard Descending and Invincible I don't imagine it would be a new song being a single as that would essentially be half the album already being heard. If there is a single, I suspect it is likely Descending but again, I still think it unlikely. If it happens and we can pre-order and get to download Descending early that would be fantastic but I have a bad feeling it is not going to be like a traditional single release. They might release it to radio but knowing Tool it is unlikely they will make it available for purchase Digitally early like most Digital album pre-orders where single(s) are released early.

Again I hope you end up being right with your guess. But as it pertains to Tool, specifically with how they have handled this entire album cycle, I am not giving them the benefit of the doubt on anything and certainly not going to hedge any guesses on the positive side of things.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Just opinion here but of the two new tunes Invincible seams to have more of a “single” feel. Great hooks throughout. I would be great if they would release a digital download version before the album.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

No insult intended. I know Jose Mangina's got nothing on Old Gregg.
OLDGREG wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:10 am that aint me chief
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

I hope this CCTrip thing isn't on the album. It's stupid. Right?
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Takeo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:07 pm I hope this CCTrip thing isn't on the album. It's stupid. Right?
CCtrip is an amazing cosmic trip and masterclass from Danny Carey and Junior. Yes, awesome sound, light and video.
So I really hope it is on the album.