Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tys0n
Streeper

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

Shed523 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:24 pm Just opinion here but of the two new tunes Invincible seams to have more of a “single” feel. Great hooks throughout.
My thoughts as well.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Takeo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:07 pm I hope this CCTrip thing isn't on the album. It's stupid. Right?
:roll:
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

ms2r wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:12 pm
Takeo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:07 pm I hope this CCTrip thing isn't on the album. It's stupid. Right?
CCtrip is an amazing cosmic trip and masterclass from Danny Carey and Junior. Yes, awesome sound, light and video.
So I really hope it is on the album.
A cosmic trip!! Riiiiiiiiiiight...
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 am Import question Junior: who is the Tool vaccuum guy?

That's not the Vacuum Guy. That's Justin's tech (Pete) borrowing the vacuum to clean Justin's area rug.
At the festivals, we don't put the carpet down, so Vacuum Guy doesn't have a carpet to clean on those days, though he does still clean Maynard's riser carpet.
Justin gets a small area rug at the festivals, and Vacuum Guy doesn't do rugs.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

I agree Invincible sounds like the single, at least compared to Descending and I doubt they unveil another track. Incredibly excited to hear the studio version. Just hope we don’t wind up with a radio edit.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

novaconda wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:32 pm Hey Junior-- this doesn't warrant a long answer, but do you feel like certain songs call for the same lighting motifs and colors? I've always noticed that typically stinkfist and aenema have always had blue and green combinations. Lots of deep purples for lateralus era songs. Do you put into account the colors mainly used in album art while doing lighting design for the live gigs?
Once we find something that works, we tend to stick with it.
I used to have a set of colours that I tended to use for each album, and sometimes they were at least partially influenced by the album artwork or the video for the song.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ziggy23 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:25 pm
Some interesting stuff in there.
Not sure where the "filming Open Air Fest" stuff came from. To my knowledge, that didn't happen, and wasn't planned to happen.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

it looks like a Dyson! those are good vacuums. we have one,takes the crap right from the undercarpet no problem! vaccum dudes on tour. i'll have to keep my eye out next time i see loot!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bagless are an absolute scam and Dyson while a quality product aren't worthy of the cost, they are kind of the Apple of the Vac world.

Yes I take my vacuuming seriously, take it from a guy that sucks.
Canned audience laughter
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

I believe Vacuum Guy has an endorsement deal with Dyson, or is working on getting one.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

junior wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:11 pm I believe Vacuum Guy has an endorsement deal with Dyson, or is working on getting one.
I would expect nothing less.
Ki77aan :twisted:
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

If CCtrip is on the album it makes me feel that this cd will be more of a salival type release with opiate and who knows what else
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Man my vacuum blows, it's a cheap kmart one and I'm sure there's something wrong with it. The place always end up dirtier than before I started
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:07 pm Bagless are an absolute scam and Dyson while a quality product aren't worthy of the cost, they are kind of the Apple of the Vac world.

you just dont like them cause its too close to your own name ;) haha
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:21 pm If CCtrip is on the album it makes me feel that this cd will be more of a salival type release with opiate and who knows what else
What? Go with your feelings I guess.....

Some of you new people that I haven't gotten to know yet, I'm not sure I have you all figured out with some of these comments.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

If CCtrip is part of a song I'm fine with it. But if it's just a drum solo track it will piss me off. Wasted space. Just my opinion. If they are going to do shit like that make more than 80 minutes of music.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Man, so between the live Vicarious intro which somebody said will be on the album (not sure about the source but heres hoping), that bit they play during the album release reveal, and the other stuff leaked from people who were invited to private listening events, the rest of this album is shaping up to be fire. It might be their most diverse album yet. And here I was thinking I couldn't get more hyped :lol:
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:24 pm If CCtrip is part of a song I'm fine with it. But if it's just a drum solo track it will piss me off. Wasted space. Just my opinion. If they are going to do shit like that make more than 80 minutes of music.
You guys are getting your panties in a bunch over something you know nothing about yet. Worst case scenario, it's a 5 or 6 minute seque or intro from arguably the best drummer on the planet. If it's the only seque on the album, you're telling me it will piss you off? In that case, every album has wasted space that you should be pissed off about.
Last edited by Bill Hilly on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:07 pm Bagless are an absolute scam and Dyson while a quality product aren't worthy of the cost, they are kind of the Apple of the Vac world.

I hate their hand dryers. They just collect a cesspool of hand-wash water and blow it upwards. How those were seem as more hygienic than normal hand dryers is beyond me.

Bring on the CCTrip! Merkaba and Faaip De Oiad are the batshit crazy tracks that make me love Tool more.
Last edited by limeygringo on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

junior wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:52 pm Some interesting stuff in there.
Not sure where the "filming Open Air Fest" stuff came from. To my knowledge, that didn't happen, and wasn't planned to happen.
I've always found this on an odd rumour - of all shows why record a festival gig? I suspect maybe someone got confused after seeing the cameras which record the other acts for the big screens?
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Bill Hilly wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:50 pm
PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:24 pm If CCtrip is part of a song I'm fine with it. But if it's just a drum solo track it will piss me off. Wasted space. Just my opinion. If they are going to do shit like that make more than 80 minutes of music.
You guys are getting your panties in a bunch over something you know nothing about yet. Worst case scenario, it's a 5 or 6 minute seque or intro from arguably the best drummer on the planet. If it's the only seque on the album, you're telling me it will piss you off? In that case, every album has wasted space that you should be pissed off about.
Of course I know nothing about it. I'm just going by what's circulating. I'm giving my opinion which I'm still allowed to do on this planet I think. And yes it will piss me off. If every song is as long as they say space will be limited. It will absolutely piss me off. So consider my panties in a bunch over CC fucking trip.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Again, you're lacking logic in your argument. We know nothing about its placement on the album. We know nothing about number of tracks. CC fucking trip might not even be on the fucking album. If it is, then it was planned out to be on the fucking album........with limited space.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Of course I know nothing about it. I'm just going by what's circulating. I'm giving my opinion which I'm still allowed to do on this planet I think. And yes it will piss me off. If every song is as long as they say space will be limited. It will absolutely piss me off. So consider my panties in a bunch over CC fucking trip.
for what its worth i always felt CCtrip was just a live thing to stretch the show out a bit,let M have a break with his voice etc etc. apparently its on the album but will see i guess. unless its a smaller part of something else. at this point everything is ''a part of something else'', maybe a part of the rest of the songs called an album :roll:
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Bill Hilly wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:10 pm Again, you're lacking logic in your argument. We know nothing about its placement on the album. We know nothing about number of tracks. CC fucking trip might not even be on the fucking album. If it is, then it was planned out to be on the fucking album........with limited space.
Again, I'm giving an opinion on the potential of it possibly being it's own track. That's not lacking logic. I wasn't arguing either until you stepped in with your aggressiveness.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Man, Ænima must piss you right off with all that wasted space.