Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

Less Danny solo's more cats meows!
Canned audience laughter
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

I mean the average song wasn't 11 minutes long so I really didn't give a shit. There was plenty of excellent songs that made up for message to Harry douchebag. Keep going though.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:32 pm Less Danny solo's more cats meows!
:lol: :lol:

I'm saying.....
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I’m just guessing cuz the last time they put out a drum solo it was on salival and adam saying we would hear the new opiate song before the new album. Pretty sure they said the drum solo would be on the album along with a McKenna quote?

So a live cd with cctrip doesn’t sound too far fetched imo. I still think (based on nothing) that it’s going to be a double album with disc 1 being all new songs with descending ending it and then invincible being song 1 on disc two with an encore of live footage towards the end. Maybe it’s the live dvd. Maybe I’m wrong on all counts. I’ve also thought that they might release 7 singles with the 1st one being aug 30 and they would all come in a triangle and then by the end of it you make that star shape they have on stage out of 7 triangles.

Its gotta be something big right? Something different. 13 fucking years guys! some guy here thinks the two new songs won’t be on the new album. How wild would that be? Guessing all the shit they will do is half the fun.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Faaip de Oiad is a drum solo. It's the closer on Lateralus.

Guys, all I'm saying is that we don't even know if it's going to be on the album. But if it is, it's really not that big of a deal. It might just be a 5 minute seque to close out the album....just like Lateralus, and just like 10,000 Days.

Would you rather have Viginti Tres closing out a Tool album or a drum solo by Danny Carey?
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

I'd rather have third eye.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

And you just might get it...
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Drum solo all day. I think we all just want as much tool as possible and with two songs hitting us before the album is even out it makes the realization that it could be over before you know it. Could really only be 3 more songs after descending and invincible. I like CCTRIP but you could get an H length song or the pot type jam and gain a song instead of a segue.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Bill Hilly wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 pm And you just might get it...
And then I'll shut up. :*
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:47 pm Drum solo all day. I think we all just want as much tool as possible and with two songs hitting us before the album is even out it makes the realization that it could be over before you know it. Could really only be 3 more songs after descending and invincible. I like CCTRIP but you could get an H length song or the pot type jam and gain a song instead of a segue.
Amen to all of this.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

With these songs supposedly all being very lengthy, there's probably going to be a lot more cohesion than 10,000 Days was. If this drum solo is on the album, it probably interlaps with something else.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:32 pm Less Danny solo's more cats meows!
Rob Halford confirmed for guest vox. He literally is the Cats Pajamas.

Ahhh, Infotainment!
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Hahaha, thanks for some good lolz.

This is my confession site: forgive me father BOB I have sinned, I have listen to Descending and Invincible way to much this week and last on bootleg. BOB help me, I need studio versions of these songs before Aug. 30th
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I've always liked Rob Halford.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

At the end of CCtrip Adam starts playing a new guitar piece as well. This turns into the extended Vicarious intro. But the drums plus guitar start to sound like a full new song.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

ms2r wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:44 pm At the end of CCtrip Adam starts playing a new guitar piece as well. This turns into the extended Vicarious intro. But the drums plus guitar start to sound like a full new song.
Yeah my thoughts too - at VIP they said CC trip would be on album, and now the little bits they play right afterward seem to add up to something. Not sure what, but yeah.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

ms2r wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:44 pm But the drums plus guitar start to sound like a full new song.
During the Prague show (which I attended 2 weeks ago) there was only just a guitar, no drums during this piece.

1:41:50

Gonna search on a youtube now for this one you're talking about.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Yeah I've heard a few different versions of CCTrip and found this clip the best one:

I hope all these different versions are like a 'trailer' for the real thing, similar to how they teased us with a 4 min trailer for Descending over these last few years. There's some cool stuff going on here. The beat that builds up from the 2:00 mark in that clip is catchy.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I'd rather an actual song than a segue or drum solo any fucking day of the week. We are all different and want different things no need to get arsey cos someone wants something else. At the end of the day we will get what we are given. Are the segues great on previous albums? Yes. Do I ever think hmm Ill stick on Harry manback? Do I fuck. If this is their last album then I'd rather they keep the filler to a minimum but it is what it is.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Some of the footage from Download festival on Youtube is fantastic. It is rare to see TOOL perform in daylight conditions, and lots of cool footage of MJK, which is nice to watch.
Be good to each other.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Haven’t listen to CCtrip much but the few listens I did just kind of reminded me of past Carey drum solos for live shows I’ve been to. That guitar jam is cool but not mind blowing and that deep synth thing right before Vicarious they have been doing since 06’ at least. While CCtrip might be on the album I’m not sure any of what they have been playing live will be it.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

mattw wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:58 am Yeah I've heard a few different versions of CCTrip and found this clip the best one:

I hope all these different versions are like a 'trailer' for the real thing, similar to how they teased us with a 4 min trailer for Descending over these last few years. There's some cool stuff going on here. The beat that builds up from the 2:00 mark in that clip is catchy.
Ugh. A waste of 6 minutes and 25 seconds. Fart noises.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Only Tool fans could whinge about an album they haven't even heard yet , or know fuck all about.
Listen to All Them Witches
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

No. Whining about the speculation of this wasting time on an album. That's what we do in forums. Speculate. And I'm allowed to give my opinion.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:17 am Only Tool fans could whinge about an album they haven't even heard yet , or know fuck all about.
Blows me a away... Get excited this is going to be awesome... Not long to go now...

Oh fuck I hope that they don't play any drop D on the new album... Oh fuck I hope Danny doesn't put a killer drum solo on the new album that would suck.... Oh fuck I hope Maynard knows we don't care about politics, unless he sings about the political shit we like... Oh fuck I hope Justin doesn't mention Chelsea FC on the record (Cos seriously fuck Chelsea and English cricket while I am here)... Oh fuck I hope TOOL don't only have one song on the new album.....
Be good to each other.