Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Kittaan »

Let’s keep the negativity in The Grudge thread.

It’s getting old and bumming people out. We will start moving posts if necessary, but don’t make it necessary.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

People will start getting bummed out in a minute when I go around and starting bumming people.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

I miss the tour so so much
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 am He is singing well so that bodes well for the new album beyond that Maynard is a cunt.
Ya see where I come from this is a prestigious compliment to receive.
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:45 pm
M0G wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 am He is singing well so that bodes well for the new album beyond that Maynard is a cunt.
Ya see where I come from this is a prestigious compliment to receive.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

PulsedHalo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:35 am He will be shoulder deep within the border line the second the album drops.
This is exactly why I stay far away from r/toolband. Cute little Tool puns everywhere.

Regarding May May wearing a Puscifer jacket on stage for this tour - I think he's taking a jab at the fans that were saying that it was his fault for the delay because of his "side projects". Everything that dude does is very calculated. He's a troll for those easily triggered.....like Mog.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Hey that was my theory buddy! #plageurism :lol:
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

All of Jim's endeavors are connected...

This image is pretty accurate:
Trifecta.jpg
Trifecta.jpg (89.05 KiB) Viewed 8515 times
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:20 pm
PulsedHalo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:35 am He will be shoulder deep within the border line the second the album drops.
This is exactly why I stay far away from r/toolband. Cute little Tool puns everywhere.

Regarding May May wearing a Puscifer jacket on stage for this tour - I think he's taking a jab at the fans that were saying that it was his fault for the delay because of his "side projects". Everything that dude does is very calculated. He's a troll for those easily triggered.....like Mog.
You have a lot to say. You have a lot of nothing to say.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

PulsedHalo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:42 pm

I don't mind
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:48 pm
PulsedHalo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:42 pm

I don't mind
You must be a Reddit user with that "cute little pun"
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I could pick myself out of this hole. If 'n I tried.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Ah this is where people were discussing their disappointment with ETE, for me APC were always there to display Maynard's talent, I sure never picked up Mer De Noms for any other reason.

It was always another vehicle to hear Maynard sing, well for me at least.

With that in mind ETE is a 9/10.
Canned audience laughter
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

tys0n wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:40 am It was always another vehicle to hear Maynard sing, well for me at least.
This is actually true for me as well. I have always loved Maynards voice and lyrics (never shied away from saying it either), APC and Puscifer have always been for me just more of MJK.
Be good to each other.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I too enjoyed ETE. I find mer der noms drops off I quality substantially towards the back end of the album .13th step is a downright classic album and Ete was a quality effort having been out of the game for 14 years.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

His vocals in ETE are definitely excellent. No doubt about it. From that perspective the album is awesome if you just wanna hear him sing. It's the music that bothers me. Way too much piano and not enough guitars. There were a few moments that were awesome but for the most part the music was blah in my opinion. If you take the music from Mer De Noms and compare it to ETE there's no comparison. MDN owns musically.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

ETE has some good melody ideas and harmonies for sure, but it is Maynard's worst in terms of lyrical content and (especially noting) production. High end, overproduced vocals that sound like a tin can are not what I expected from him. I wish the album had not of been a lazy afterthought, had been actually written and recorded with a band, but oh well.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:41 am I find mer der noms drops off I quality substantially towards the back end of the album.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Breña is fantastic!!!
“Casual Fan”
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

That vocoder on Hourglass is downright terrible.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I've grown to like Hourglass a lot actually. Totally turned me off at first. Love Brena. I think the last part of De Noms is the best part
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

When I saw Hourglass live before the album release I thought It was a joke, but it has too grown on me quite a bit. Really only Renholder and Over on Mer are weak IMO. 13th step is pretty complete.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Renholder is like a segue and Over is an outro but I think those are nice tracks. Mer de Noms is 11/10 album for me
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:41 am I too enjoyed ETE. I find mer der noms drops off I quality substantially towards the back end of the album .13th step is a downright classic album and Ete was a quality effort having been out of the game for 14 years.
That “quality drops off substantially ” blew my mind, to each his own i guess but Brena, Thinking of you and even Renholder?? Those are pieces of art.
The whole album is a masterpiece.
I forgot my pen
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Reading these last few posts re: APC albums and personal ratings brought up an old question / conversation I’ve had with a number of folks over the years. How much does repeat, active listening influence your opinion of an album? Taking into account subjective vs objective, can you “make” yourself dig an album that you initially found “meh...”?

For me, there are numerous albums by bands I love that I initially dismissed, but on relentless repeat listens I came to adore. On the other hand, if there wasn’t at least some initial draw, I doubt I would have invested the time and energy to get there.

Are there any bands that you’ve tried your best to like, listened to numerous times and still couldn’t get there?

This is a fascinating topic for me. Any opinions? Please provide some examples.

For me, Radiohead initially held no interest for me and I couldn’t understand the reverence displayed by so many. Actually, same for Led Zeppelin, now that I think about it. It was only after attempting to learn some bass lines for both (several decades apart) that allowed me to get past my first impressions and dig in to a point where those are two of my favorite bands. By the way, JPJ is one of the most underrated bassists in rock. Both have amazing rhythm sections, although with such radically different approaches.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I’ve tried to like Dream Theater, i remember making the effort to like their music but i just didn’t.

On the other hand there are alot of artists and albums that i dismissed initially and then their music grew on me, for example Portishead.

This is a fairly common occurrence Kittaan, i think it happens to everybody.
I forgot my pen