Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by GabesCaves »

void wrote:Agree with hellboy, the reason doesn't matter. The fact remains... Tool is a great band, I enjoy seeing them live from time to time. No point reading anymore into it.
I agree the reason for the void is only idle chit chat. It doesn't change anything.

What enticed my comment was apparent west coasters not too happy with new tour dates and another "greatest hits" show

My point was try being a NYC fan, with the first show in 11 years having no seats for their elder fans, no parking and indirectly located mass transit 45 minutes away with foot traffic. It's been a hell of a wait, boy :)

Why do they avoid NBA/ NHL arenas in the US and not Canada?
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

I completely agree with being a NYC area fan who is old enough to have seen the band 20+ years ago. I have no desire to attend a 12 hour festival, let alone Governors Ball for the exact reasons you mentioned (and many more). The irony.....that show is being held on Randalls Island, where I first saw my first Tool show in 1997. Would be nice to go to the same venue for the 20 year anniversary for me.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

DRT is certainly a connected piece of work. But then again Lateralus as a whole is well crafted as one piece.
also, Avatar!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

nxrm wrote:
gamebounty wrote:Section 7! Not the best seats, but atleast they are dead center.
Excellent! I've got Section 6, so just next door. I think we'll have a good view of everything...and hopefully the sound isn't too muddy back there.
Dude, we're in section 6 too. A big 'ol meet-up is in order.

And if anyone has any Inland Empire-relate questions y'all can always shoot 'em my way. Definitely some nice local breweries (among other places) to check out.
I like to poop naked.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

nxrm wrote:
gamebounty wrote:Section 7! Not the best seats, but atleast they are dead center.
Excellent! I've got Section 6, so just next door. I think we'll have a good view of everything...and hopefully the sound isn't too muddy back there.
Awesome! Maybe we'll bump into each other. :D
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Predictable sigh :roll:
ATTENTION TOOL FANS: There is still a VERY LIMITED NUMBER of VIP PACKAGES left for the following SOLD OUT SHOWS. These VIP packs COME WITH A CONCERT TICKET for a SEAT somewhere in the FIRST FEW ROWS on the CENTER FLOOR.

Now that the below shows are sold out, why would you want to pay the same amount ... or MORE money from any of the ticket agencies (Stubhub, etc.) when the VIP PACKS not only comes with a GREAT SEAT... but ALSO with all of the SPECIAL PERKS included with the VIP EVENT. Before these sell out, consider being part of the ultimate TOOL experience with a VIP PACKAGE!
I'd almost buy from Stubhub just out of principal to be honest.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

hellboy wrote:Predictable sigh :roll:
ATTENTION TOOL FANS: There is still a VERY LIMITED NUMBER of VIP PACKAGES left for the following SOLD OUT SHOWS. These VIP packs COME WITH A CONCERT TICKET for a SEAT somewhere in the FIRST FEW ROWS on the CENTER FLOOR.

Now that the below shows are sold out, why would you want to pay the same amount ... or MORE money from any of the ticket agencies (Stubhub, etc.) when the VIP PACKS not only comes with a GREAT SEAT... but ALSO with all of the SPECIAL PERKS included with the VIP EVENT. Before these sell out, consider being part of the ultimate TOOL experience with a VIP PACKAGE!
....but then you will miss out on former WWE announcer JUSTIN ROBERTS hosting the VIP event. :lol:
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Post by GabesCaves »

greasy wrote:
hellboy wrote:Predictable sigh :roll:

....but then you will miss out on former WWE announcer JUSTIN ROBERTS hosting the VIP event. :lol:

Thanks for saving me. I was just about to make the $499.98 purchase, thinking I'd get to meet Julia Roberts.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Wouldn't be surprised at this point if people close to them (management, friends, family, themselves, etc.) have some investment into the StubHub tickets. Not that it would make them that different from most live acts, anyway.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:Wouldn't be surprised at this point if people close to them (management, friends, family, themselves, etc.) have some investment into the StubHub tickets. Not that it would make them that different from most live acts, anyway.
I don't think the conspiracy runs quite that deep.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:Wouldn't be surprised at this point if people close to them (management, friends, family, themselves, etc.) have some investment into the StubHub tickets. Not that it would make them that different from most live acts, anyway.
I don't think the conspiracy runs quite that deep.
Says you. I've watched The Godfather parts I and II recently. Waiting for someone to whack someone else at this point.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'll get the webcam.
Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

And tomatoes. Don't forget the tomatoes.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I'll get the webcam.
You always do that when someone says the word "wack".
Hey! Denty!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Right on schedule and such a blatant slap in the face.
Translation:
"Sorry you didn't get a ticket to the show that sold out in less than 10 seconds. We have the means to help real fans get tickets with presales but don't care enough unless we can make a couple hundred extra bucks from it. But hey, come buy these $500 VIP tickets from us. We know you really wanna go!!"
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

That's just wrong.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Its shitty.. But their shows always sell out, and the VIPs are sold. So there isn't a reason for Tool to change. Its working for them.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Its shitty.. But their shows always sell out, and the VIPs are sold. So there isn't a reason for Tool to change. Its working for them.
There is a reason to change: respect for their fan base.

People (Tool included) should stop seeing their music business as nothing but a bank machine.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:Its shitty.. But their shows always sell out, and the VIPs are sold. So there isn't a reason for Tool to change. Its working for them.

People (Tool included) should stop seeing their music business as nothing but a bank machine.
Tool doesn't care about their fans. And with no new material in site and absurd presales/ticket practices I see no reason why fans still care so deeply about Tool.

They have used up any goodwill equity a very long time ago. They have to earn their fans back, or they should have to, but sadly most Tool fans are apologists.

Your loyalty to Tool is commendable. They certainly don't deserve it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote: Your loyalty to Tool is commendable. They certainly don't deserve it.
It's not so much about loyalty - it's more about seeing the right thing done in the first place.

I enjoy Tool's music and will continue seeing them live and buying albums (if they ever get released). The relationship isn't more than that (excluding the fact that I run a Tool website).
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:

oh i agree that Tool SHOULD change... but as you said, they should do it out of respect for their fans. Frankly, at the risk of sounding too pessimistic, i have no reason to think they have respect for their fans. Any band would have to go out of their way to show respect for their fans. Tool has done nothing to lead me to believe that they necessarily respect us.

-Maynard has said fans are insufferable retards. Granted, yes, some fans of Tool are insufferable, but what is the benefit to MJK to say something like that? It just alienates every fan; because no fan, even the ones who are insufferable, believe that they are.
-Multiple members of Tool have stated that they dont make music for fans, they make it for themselves. Which is probably the case with most successful bands because once they only are making music for the fans the quality and heart of the music will be gone. But again, what is the benefit of the band to say that? It doesnt help their cause to remind us that they dont make music for us, it just is a slap in the face, even if it is true for most bands.
-Empty promises. Empty release dates. Member of the band have been saying they expect "an album by the end of the year" since what, 2012? Just builds up hope only to be let down time and again. And lets think about things OTHER than the new album. How about The Pot video? Empty promise. How about the new Opiate video/version that was going to be released before Christmas 2015 (according to the band). Empty promise. How about the Opiate golden tickets? Absolutely pointless hope.

Going back to the original point. Yes i think Tool SHOULD change how they treat fans, especially with regards to ticket sales and presales. But why would they? They havent shown us that they respect us, and that is the only reason that they would change. At this point I wouldnt be surprised to see an announcement on Toolband.com talking about how they are going to change ticket sales and finally do real presales for fans for their next tour. Then when the next tour comes around there is no mention of it and nothing changes. This post is somewhat 'Grudge-y' but its all true. Tool have done themselves no favors when it comes to earning respect from fans, and showing respect to fans.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Tool obviously care about their fans. Each member has different ways of showing it. And Maynard, continues to and has always been someone who speaks his mind and expects you to be smart enough to parse very, VERY dry sarcasm. If you think they flat out "don't respect their fans" (and doubly so, latch onto that "insufferable retards" comment), then you're simply not paying attention or cherry picking pieces of the whole to fit your opinion.

However, they ARE dinosaurs, more or less. That's probably the primary reason for the lack of change in ticketing. From a pure numbers/business standpoint, they've never "had to," and they are of a stratosphere in terms of being "rock stars" they're probably just that detached from the rigors of procuring tickets like a commoner.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

xZ1mM3r wrote:How about the Opiate golden tickets?
Actually, those five people received a gold record of Opiate in a frame, with some colorful abstract art as the background. It also had a small plaque on the bottom with the winners name along with Opiate 21st Anniversary something or other. Let me see if I can find something to back this up...

*Here's an interview with super-fan, and Opiate 21st Anniversary Golden Ticket winner, Grant Lutwyche (just have to scroll down a bit): http://doublej.net.au/programs/jfiles/tool

Here's one of the pictures of the prize from the above link.

I also have an image of another winner's plaque and the Opiate Priest is different. So I assume each of the winners has an entirely unique prize.
Last edited by nxrm on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Happy Birthday Junior!

Thanks for all the great lighting and laser effects over the years.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got for this upcoming tour.

All the best!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

nxrm wrote:Happy Birthday Junior!...
Ditto
Merry New Year, Junior!