Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Given the limited info we have from those who have heard the tracks, I expect the new album to be very heavy. More along the lines of Jambi and The Pot, rather than the songs you mentioned. I'm not against that. I do enjoy the atmospheric tracks, the D/R/T or Right In Two/intension tracks tho too.

Hopefully they come out with a good balance, I have no reason to think they won't though. Every one of there albums to date has been atmospheric at times and heavy at times. Always well put together. My gut feeling in this album is that it will end up feeling heavier.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Joe Barresi confirmed:

adamjones_tv~ Preproduction Gigahorse ~ Excited to be working again w the Immortan Evil Joe Barresi @eviljoebarresi *however our first choice was #PhilSpector - but he has other conflicting work obligations #FTG
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Adam's got jokes. Also, someone actually asked if the new album will be called Gigahorse. :P
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

What the hell's a Gigahorse?

And that's funny Children coz my favourite songs of 10K days are easily WIngs 2 & Rosetta. Goes to show how ya can't please everyone I suppose. Also i have in the back of my head that Puscifer Instagram mentioned not long ago they were working on new tunes also.
Listen to All Them Witches
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's a Mad Max reference. The Gigahorse is a custom vehicle driven by Immortan Joe.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

^ Guess we could almost call it a double entendre then eh
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Seeing as Adam has announced Evil Joe Barresi has joined Tool in the studio, here is an oldie but goodie about the Making of 10,000 Days:

https://www.mixonline.com/recording/mak ... ays-365657
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Over the past 8 years I've probably listened to 10,000 days the most, it's a fantastic album, hopefully the next one I'll be listening to for the next decade to appreciate as well.
Canned audience laughter
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

He's not Bottrill, but he is a producer.

Over-polish that turd into a real gem, I have faith

Gigahorse 2018
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

You know it's a weird photo, and almost looks like Adam and Joe are photoshopped into it.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote:You know it's a weird photo, and almost looks like Adam and Joe are photoshopped into it.
It’s probably the lighting. The one is above them makes it look they’re on a live stage. And the camera either had flash or there were another set of lights in front of them- you can make an outline of their shadow.
Last edited by Krazy_blah on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

So I was thinking... Is there any real reason to believe they are in the studio for the album? We know that guy recently put together the video for what we assume is Opiate... And Adam has been putting the DVD symbol in all his posts on Instagram. MJK had stated no new tool in 2018. Yeah they could record in March 2018 and sit on the record for release until 2019 but seems odd.

Maybe they are just in studio finalizing the opiate rearrangement and video.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

while this would explain the "DVD" emoji, (and hint for a salival II release) i don't think this is the case. 3-4 weeks in the studio seems like a decent amount of time, especially since they have maynard in for 3 weeks.
my guess is that they'll do the whole album in week 1 with mjk, then go on 2 more weeks for polishing, re-arranging and fine tuning
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

lukas wrote:while this would explain the "DVD" emoji, (and hint for a salival II release) i don't think this is the case. 3-4 weeks in the studio seems like a decent amount of time, especially since they have maynard in for 3 weeks.
my guess is that they'll do the whole album in week 1 with mjk, then go on 2 more weeks for polishing, re-arranging and fine tuning
So if that is the case, they get the album finished in 3 weeks.... even if it is 4 weeks. Then estimate another month for artwork, packaging details, etc. They have the completed album in May 2018. Then they just sit on it for 9 months until they release it in the spring of 2019??? Seems odd to me.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:
tys0n wrote:I can guarantee it'll be better than anything Meshuggah have ever released.
tys0n, I'm not cool with this thread becoming a troll fest. Feel free to contribute in a meaningful way (expressing dislike of the process is just fine) but leave the off-topic jabs out of it.
In defense of Tyson...it did make me chuckle...reminded me of days gone by. All good family reunions involve some friendly needling ;)
The most intelligent person on this forum
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

When Maynard said no new album this year, he probably meant no release date this year. It's gotta be a marketing thing due to best time of year like he said, plus the new APC is just arriving.

Though maybe that 'DVD' symbol is the rumored film going with the new album... or maybe the new album is Salival II, meaning all the songs are extended "sequels": Opiate II, HWAP! pt. 2 (with Message to Harry Manback 3, hell, didn't that guy actually leave a substantial amount of messages?), The Unforgiven 5 (Tool's version), Shine On You Crazy Diamond pt. 69
Ahhh, Infotainment!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Honesty I think the DVD Emoji is just meant to be a reference to the album. Probably no CD emoji to use.

As for Evil Joe doesn't matter much I think who they are working with. 12 years work on this I imagine Adam and company know exactly how they want this to sound. They need someone to produce, Joe is a friend so it is a fairly logical choice for them.

I am gonna play optimist here, which is odd...I don't think it will be a long recording process. I suspect this album is done done done. I don't think they will rework much or need a lot of time to get things tracked. They have been rehearsing these songs on the regular, or so it seems from the numerous Instagram posts of late.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
lukas wrote:while this would explain the "DVD" emoji, (and hint for a salival II release) i don't think this is the case. 3-4 weeks in the studio seems like a decent amount of time, especially since they have maynard in for 3 weeks.
So if that is the case, they get the album finished in 3 weeks.... even if it is 4 weeks. Then estimate another month for artwork, packaging details, etc. They have the completed album in May 2018. Then they just sit on it for 9 months until they release it in the spring of 2019??? Seems odd to me.
nah. i'm sure they'll put a lot of time and effort into the design and packaging of the new album. then there is mastering. then there is the actual production pipelines. some labels need 3 months to produce vast amounts of a certain album. a fall release date would make a lot of sense to me. just look at APC. the studio work was completed 3 months ago, yet the album will be released on april 20th
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

M0G wrote:
hellboy wrote:
tys0n wrote:I can guarantee it'll be better than anything Meshuggah have ever released.
tys0n, I'm not cool with this thread becoming a troll fest. Feel free to contribute in a meaningful way (expressing dislike of the process is just fine) but leave the off-topic jabs out of it.
In defense of Tyson...it did make me chuckle...reminded me of days gone by. All good family reunions involve some friendly needling ;)
Not only that, but Tyson has been on his best behavior in history. Cut him a bit of slack HB. We all remember what he’s capable of, so this is pretty impressive.

Reading that back, it sounds kind of condescending. Not intended. I like having you back Tyson.
Ki77aan :twisted:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Kittaan wrote:
Not only that, but Tyson has been on his best behavior in history. Cut him a bit of slack HB. We all remember what he’s capable of, so this is pretty impressive.

Reading that back, it sounds kind of condescending. Not intended. I like having you back Tyson.
We do have to be sensitive to HB's concerns tho...This thread has turned into a shit show before....and I caused it on a number of occasions. Still the occasional rant and a bit of needling is healthy. Chicken noodle soup for the soul.

Good talk
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Free Blair MacKenzie Blake! #FreeBMB This is a travesty of justice. We demand NEWSLETTERS DAMNIT!
“Casual Fan”
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Look I love all ya'll, but you truly must knock it off with this "DVD symbol" business.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah Tool fans sure have a way of reading into things a little too deeply that just aren't there. They're smartarses but think they'd even have their limits and wouldn't stuff around on this by teasing an alum and only having a re recorded video to show for it.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'm pretty sure the DVD is actually a donut and the emoji means the album will be released in donut form.
Don't mow your lawn
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I'm pretty sure the DVD is actually a donut and the emoji means the album will be released in donut form.
I was thinking the same thing. What's better than one donut? Two donuts, of course. Double album confirmed.