Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by liz »

@Mog memories are notoriously unreliable but 10,000 days has been given a lot of grief on these pages to my recall. Not saying it was you @Tyson but I can envisage it clearly. For the record I adore that album.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Random Tool Social Media threa

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:09 pm
M0G wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:55 pm Oh fuck right off you have been critical of Tool for years
Not really and nowhere near the level of yourself. Maybe I stressed my frustration at how long they were taking but I didn't act like a little bitch and swear I would boycott them and never give them another cent of my money unlike others. In fact I'd go as far to say I've been fairly positive in the wait for the new album, knowing it will come and if not, it's not the end of the world.
M0G wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:55 pm Plus you shit all over 10,000 Days for years before you all the sudden you decided it was a great album so yeah I am calling bullshit on all of the above.
Once again not really, I complained about the production of the album sure and numerous times but that's about it. Didn't bitch and moan about 'Maynard's wine soaked' vocals unlike others.

Show me where Tool have over promised and under delivered?

Do I have to go back and quote the i dunno four or fives times Danny said the album was getting finished since 2012? Most recently earlier this year when he said it was coming out in April? Or how about Maynard saying the album would be out between mid May - mid July only to drop a release date of August 30th? Tool have been entirely full of shit this entire album cycle. As for what you said in the past about 10,000 Days I am gonna let that one go if my memory served me wrong on that then so be it. I am even gonna let the little bitch remark pass so as not to derail the thread. I am many things in life but a bitch is not one of them.

We will have to strongly agree to disagree on this one. Bottom line you came off high and fucking mighty when you have complained just like the rest and have changed your positions like the rest as well so do get down off that high horse.

Now on the undelivered part I won’t argue with you. I doubt you would find many who would. Every Tool album has been excellent. The quality of Tool’s music has never been the issue.
The most intelligent person on this forum
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

The key logo on that post is kinda cool - not mad at it. Calling an album Chod would be a dick move.
Idk about the probability of the whole thing but when you compare that art to the most recent use of artistic space with that tiki-torch hoohaa it doesn’t seem entirely impossible.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:18 am Bottom line you came off high and fucking mighty
Oh please, I'm humble fucking pie when compared to you and your remarks, you treat your opinion as if they were words from God herself.
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

liz wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:56 am @Mog memories are notoriously unreliable but 10,000 days has been given a lot of grief on these pages to my recall. Not saying it was you @Tyson but I can envisage it clearly. For the record I adore that album.
I gave a full and frank account about how my opinion changed on that album and I did not spend 'years' deriding it.

My memory > y'all memory

Winning internet arguments is serious business
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

M0G wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:18 am
tys0n wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:09 pm
M0G wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:55 pm Oh fuck right off you have been critical of Tool for years
Not really and nowhere near the level of yourself. Maybe I stressed my frustration at how long they were taking but I didn't act like a little bitch and swear I would boycott them and never give them another cent of my money unlike others. In fact I'd go as far to say I've been fairly positive in the wait for the new album, knowing it will come and if not, it's not the end of the world.
M0G wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:55 pm Plus you shit all over 10,000 Days for years before you all the sudden you decided it was a great album so yeah I am calling bullshit on all of the above.
Once again not really, I complained about the production of the album sure and numerous times but that's about it. Didn't bitch and moan about 'Maynard's wine soaked' vocals unlike others.

Show me where Tool have over promised and under delivered?

Do I have to go back and quote the i dunno four or fives times Danny said the album was getting finished since 2012? Most recently earlier this year when he said it was coming out in April? Or how about Maynard saying the album would be out between mid May - mid July only to drop a release date of August 30th? Tool have been entirely full of shit this entire album cycle. As for what you said in the past about 10,000 Days I am gonna let that one go if my memory served me wrong on that then so be it. I am even gonna let the little bitch remark pass so as not to derail the thread. I am many things in life but a bitch is not one of them.

We will have to strongly agree to disagree on this one. Bottom line you came off high and fucking mighty when you have complained just like the rest and have changed your positions like the rest as well so do get down off that high horse.

Now on the undelivered part I won’t argue with you. I doubt you would find many who would. Every Tool album has been excellent. The quality of Tool’s music has never been the issue.
"Best ballpark guess" I do believe was the words used. For a ballpark guess to be one month out I'd say isn't a bad effort.

For the record, ive always enjoyed and defended 10K days. Great fucking album. Sure it's not as good as Aenima or Lateralus in my opinion but hey I don't back up from hangovers like I used too either. Moral of the story .. people get older... inspirations change. Shit happens.
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

well i guess thats a video right there. seeing a giant premantis like that looks kind of silly but once its processed or whatever they do,video ends up looking richer,better. it sure looks like a tool video to me. the wall,the other stuff around.

Nice find. i went to the actual ''webstagram'' link and grabbed the original picture instead. its clearer/better resolution. dl it and inspect it if u want! :)

Thanks to everyone that posted this new news/rumours lately. as much of a whirlwind as it is, i appreciate it.
Attachments
60091622_441634463289844_8764710784649170365_n.jpg
60091622_441634463289844_8764710784649170365_n.jpg (151.65 KiB) Viewed 8329 times
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

rshforgothispw wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm

**TRACKLIST:**

The Coward
Passage (For Regardie)
Invincible
I.S.G.
**Chöd**
Descending
Abyss
The Give In / The Dive

2 of those are right
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

there ya have it, thanks Junior!

sounds like that reddit place should be weeded from the internet!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

junior wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:52 am
rshforgothispw wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm

**TRACKLIST:**

The Coward
Passage (For Regardie)
Invincible
I.S.G.
**Chöd**
Descending
Abyss
The Give In / The Dive

2 of those are right
Thank you Junior!! Clarity at last! lol
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Thanks, Junior! Figured we would've heard it from the randoms who've seen the art first before any semi-official source.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Which 2? Chode and ISG?
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Thanks Junior.

APC's 13th Step starts with The Package and then Weak and Powerless and Lateralus goes The Grudge, Eon Blue Apocalypse, The Patient so the "The Coward" followed by "Passage" seems like where they got their train of thought . But the "Passage (For Regardie)" is just too lazy; it's almost like they were trying to blend those track lists with 'Wings For Marie' and 'Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)' into their fake track list.

Also, "The Give In/The Dive" has a 'Speak To Me/Breathe' or 'Brain Damage/Eclipse' feel to it. Another giveaway was the lack of CCTrip. Anyway, I'm glad we can move on.

I wonder when the real details will be revealed... obviously before August 30 would be nice.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Apart from the fact it sounded like a load of bollox the word 'chod' should of been more than enough to convince you.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Do we know if "CCTrip" is an actual album track title?
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

It would be hilarious if descending and invincible weren’t on the aug 30 album
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Takeo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:51 am Do we know if "CCTrip" is an actual album track title?
Nope. It definitely seems to be a nickname. And Descending used to have A/ in front of it (Ascending/Descending), so the fact that there's no Ascending should've been a dead give away. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

I guess I'm one of the few that actually liked the art/logo. I know it looks mediocre compared to the Alex Grey stuff, but that faker was smart to go with a Tibetan theme for the art and the double entendre. A lot of Tibetan art has that exact "asymmetrical-symmerty". Plus I'll just be happy with anything that's different than what they've done before. Happy the album's not called Chod.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I like the pic too, a lot of the Alex Grey stuff doesn't do it for me. Wonder if they will use him again on the new album.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I feel like Descending is not the real title of that song, it appeared on setlists when it didn’t have any lyrics.I bet Maynard changed the title of the song when he added the lyrics and they’re still using/printing it on the current setlists to not reveal the real title.
I forgot my pen
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:53 am
M0G wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:18 am Bottom line you came off high and fucking mighty
Oh please, I'm humble fucking pie when compared to you and your remarks, you treat your opinion as if they were words from God herself.
True I can be an arrogant bastard. I suppose I am being a tad hypocritical calling you out for doing the same thing. Fair enough carry on
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Danny wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:09 pm I feel like Descending is not the real title of that song, it appeared on setlists when it didn’t have any lyrics.I bet Maynard changed the title of the song when he added the lyrics and they’re still using/printing it on the current setlists to not reveal the real title.
Just depends on how finished the lyrics we when they began playing the sneak peek live. If lyrics we started then I would imagine Descending is the name of the song. But you have a good point. They wouldn't babe a song prior to lyrics being written.

My feeling is that it is called Descending and lyrics have been done for a while.

Junior?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Danny wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:09 pm I feel like Descending is not the real title of that song, it appeared on setlists when it didn’t have any lyrics.I bet Maynard changed the title of the song when he added the lyrics and they’re still using/printing it on the current setlists to not reveal the real title.
Did you completely ignore what Junior just said? Two of them are correct, obviously that means Descending and Invincible. Do people NOT read the prior posts before commenting?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I would of thought they would keep the album details real close to their chest but if it's common knowledge amongst the crew then surely an announcement/leak is imminent.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Saying that I don't know how close junior is to the band maybe it's not common knowledge and he knows more than others.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Junior works for Tool. He is the head of the lighting/visual team that does all the lights and visuals you see at every live Tool show.