Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G »

Kittaan wrote: Mog, serious question: would you say this shit to Maynard in person? Realize that you are just conjecturing, like the rest of us. It’s pretty irrational to espouse being an atheist, and a rational thinker... and then “take it on faith” that your theory is “the gospel”. 3 fingers are pointing back to you and all my brother.
Would I say it in person? Of course not. Not unless the conversation went there very specifically and even then I would likely tone it down. There is an element of basic human decency that always must be maintained. I have joked around about twitter but you would never see me on any social media sending messages to Maynard. That is ridiculous. I will wax poetic on this forum but at the end of the day we are all just talking out of our collective asses. Obviously nobody really knows what is going on behind closed doors.

As for Maynard specifically I genuinely don't like him when it comes to how he speaks about Tool and Tool fans at large. I find him to be arrogant and pretentious. He talks a lot but doesn't always practice what he preaches. That said I know nothing about him as a person away from his public persona. He may be a nice guy who is fun to be around. He may be very good to the people in his life. I have no idea and it really isn't any of my business.
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
Kittaan wrote: Mog, serious question: would you say this shit to Maynard in person? Realize that you are just conjecturing, like the rest of us. It’s pretty irrational to espouse being an atheist, and a rational thinker... and then “take it on faith” that your theory is “the gospel”. 3 fingers are pointing back to you and all my brother.
Would I say it in person? Of course not. Not unless the conversation went there very specifically and even then I would likely tone it down. There is an element of basic human decency that always must be maintained. I have joked around about twitter but you would never see me on any social media sending messages to Maynard. That is ridiculous. I will wax poetic on this forum but at the end of the day we are all just talking out of our collective asses. Obviously nobody really knows what is going on behind closed doors.

As for Maynard specifically I genuinely don't like him when it comes to how he speaks about Tool and Tool fans at large. I find him to be arrogant and pretentious. He talks a lot but doesn't always practice what he preaches. That said I know nothing about him as a person away from his public persona. He may be a nice guy who is fun to be around. He may be very good to the people in his life. I have no idea and it really isn't any of my business.
Keyboard Warrior. I think 'Delicious' might be about you lolz....
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
M0G wrote:

Keyboard Warrior. I think 'Delicious' might be about you lolz....
All of that went right over your head. You completely and utterly misunderstood what I was saying :roll: The question is would I say this TO Maynard. Because I am not a complete cunt, I wouldn't just walk up to him and put him on blast for no reason. This is an internet forum. This is not real life. Now in this random pretend world that Kittaan postulated, if a discussion came up and I was asked to give an honest opinion, I would, and it would be fairly blunt and to the point. Even then it would be tempered, because that is how real life conversations work.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Moggie: Ok, that seems reasonable to me. I still think you go a little loopy on your rants, but if you’re comfortable it’s not doing your nervous system any permanent damage... whatever.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Well I for one thought it was a very well reasoned and sensible response. :)
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

OK, Mog, so you say you don't like Maynard based on his attitude in interviews towards TOOL and people who ask questions about TOOL and their fans and such. It has been well established that Maynard is not the reason for the album to have taken so long, and that it has been the other three that have taken more than a decade to write the music.

You yourself talks shit about TOOL and how lazy they are and all that, but then you criticize Maynard for being bitter about TOOL and being annoyed with the same old questions and getting blamed for TOOL's lack of output, when we all know if it were up to Maynard there would be a lot more TOOL music. So don't you see that you and Maynard most likely have the exact same opinion about how TOOL operates and that he probably feels just as fed up with it as you and all the other disgruntled TOOL fans, but way more than you idiots can possibly even imagine, since he is in the band with those people responsible for the delay that you call lazy, and has to deal with it on a personal level every single day.

So it is entirely understandable for Maynard to act the way he does and go off to do other side projects and stay creative because he can't do anything but wait for the other guys to finish the music. Maybe Maynard's attitude about TOOL fans is justified because of people such as yourself who have obnoxious, presumptuous opinions and do nothing but complain and spread negativity about things they have nothing to do with and know nothing about except for what they allow us to know. You just sound like a silly fool and they laugh about you morons on a daily basis. They don't give a shit about what any of us think, and that bothers some of us for some strange reason.

There is seriously more important things for us to be upset about, and TOOL should be a blessing to us, along with APC and Puscifer and any other music these people have given us. It is only but a gift that we should be thankful for, instead of demand more like fucking spoiled children, but that is what America has turned into; a nation full of entitled, over-privileged children that expect do get anything they want and complain when they don't because they are jealous of the people who have earned it. That is what we sound like to them when we complain about not getting music from them.

TOOL is recording the album and people still complain. There will always be some pessimistic idiot who complains about everything because he is so clearly unhappy with the way his own life has turned out that the only way he feels better is to look at flaws in other people's lives and try to bring other people down to his level. It's fucking hilarious because you won't even be happy when they finally release the album.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Tool is for the children.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Solid rant with a bit of social commentary thrown in.

#makemaynardgreatagain
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's nice to had a solid whinge every now and then. M0G just needs to get it out of his system from time to time, kinda like a volcano on the cusp of eruption. Logic and reason need not come into it. We all know Tool have taken too long, but looking for reasons and assigning blame are essentially pointless exercises.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

children wrote: There is seriously more important things for us to be upset about

Yeah, absolutely. Like walls for instance. How hard is it to build a damn wall? Just build it already.

TOOL is recording the album and people still complain.

That's nothing. KFC bought back Hot N Spicy and I'm still complaining.....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Gosh darn I'm disappointed with that hot and spicy, but I'm also thankful my store a year ago back got to trial Nashville Hot Chicken, by far the best kfc I have ever had.
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Awesome.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I'm so thankful to have all year round hot n spicy. Speaking of Nashville if you have a burger urge store near you ask for their Nashville. Change ya life.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

No Burger Urge but we have Oporto, who have also dumned down the heat on their burgers.

I'll stick to home made or the local Indian joint if I want something spicy.
Canned audience laughter
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Stop spicing up this thread with food talk. Take it to the Rando thread you wankers.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Wait, Kittaan are you not aware of Tool's cross-promotion deals with KFC Australia, Burger Urge, and Tyson's Local Indian Place?
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

My bad.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Hey you started it with talk about walls being built and Kfc hot n spicy. Plus spicy food is kind of the perfect metaphor for Tool , not everyone likes it , those who don't kind of wonder what the hell all the fuss is about, yet those who are down - love it!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

No
Don't mow your lawn
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Worth a shot
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/10-th ... 10000-days

I already knew most of those things, but was an interesting read none the less.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

I always thought The Pot was about Tool fans that the band would prefer weren't Tool fans.

Like me for instance.

Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's supposed to be Rosetta Stoned.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah I agree with Bill, I thought The Pot was directed at Cam De Leon.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I guess I never really studied the lyrics of the Pot enough, but I always assumed it was pretty general rather than aimed at someone in particular.