Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:I guess I never really studied the lyrics of the Pot enough, but I always assumed it was pretty general rather than aimed at someone in particular.
I thought it was referring to the old timey kangaroo courts that they put on to prove people guilty of crimes (one of them being marijuana possession) without actual evidence... when a lot of those people convicting other of crimes were guilty of the same things. Kind of pointing the finger back at the hypocrites.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Don't care never liked the lyrics to The Pot and I think it is one of Maynard's worst vocal performances.

Musically it is an excellent song.

Thankfully Jimbo sounds better now than he did in 2006. Back then his vocal chords were so beat up by the wine he couldn't sing half the songs he can now. I give him credit for getting his voice in order. As much as I dislike Puscifer it seemed to help bring his voice back around. He sounds very good on Eat the Elephant even if the lyrics are comical at best on the majority of the album.
The most intelligent person on this forum
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:I guess I never really studied the lyrics of the Pot enough, but I always assumed it was pretty general rather than aimed at someone in particular.
I thought it was referring to the old timey kangaroo courts that they put on to prove people guilty of crimes (one of them being marijuana possession) without actual evidence... when a lot of those people convicting other of crimes were guilty of the same things. Kind of pointing the finger back at the hypocrites.
It is. Like most Tool songs, it's about that and all the other things listed as well. General and specific, all at the same time.

Also I love The Pot lyrically. One of, if not the high point of 10K Days for me in terms of lyrics. (Jambi would be the other)
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Newsletters are back: https://www.toolband.com/newsletter-archives

*Seems as though they've all been archived with the exception of January & February 2017.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

nxrm wrote:Newsletters are back: https://www.toolband.com/newsletter-archives
Nice.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

^ just me or comes across as a sales pitch more than a newsletter. Sounds to me like there a fair way short of selling out hence this letter.
Listen to All Them Witches
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

It doesn't even sound like BMB.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote:^ just me or comes across as a sales pitch more than a newsletter. Sounds to me like there a fair way short of selling out hence this letter.
I think it's just a lazy post to poke in as a newsletter now that the framework supports it. That post was made not long after tickets went on sale, and while no doubt it's there to encourage ticket sales, it was posted soon enough after the on sale date that I doubt it's related to a lack of sold tickets.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Fair enough, figured it was a new post but yeah considering the lack of official communication over the years, pretty weak effort.

Also I'm at burger urge at moment awaiting my Nashville burger. Just thought y'all should know
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

So here's an odd little thing I've stumbled upon...

I've been rewatching the Adult Swim series Frankenhole and I noticed the name Adam Jones listed as a technical director in the credits for one of the episodes. I looked the guy up online and the only information I could find was that he worked on 4 episodes of Frankenhole and 1 episode of Titan Maximum. Both shows credited him as a Technical Director and both shows were stop-motion claymation animated shows produced for Adult Swim. I remember reading an interview with Maynard where he talked about having a friend at Adult Swim, so it's not impossible that Adam knows this guy too and worked on these shows in his spare time.

Now I'm pretty sure this is most likely just a coincidence, but I thought I'd share regardless.
Don't mow your lawn
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I hope with the promotion of the new album one of the guys goes on the youtube show Hot Ones
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

It really does seem like the logical progression for them. Plus with tried and tested universally agreed upon metaphor on previous page it would be silly for them not to spruik to that crowd.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Tool will become a Youtube sensation when Danny Carey becomes the first guest on Hot Ones to smash 10 chicken drum sticks polyrhythmically.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

tys0n wrote:I hope with the promotion of the new album one of the guys goes on the youtube show Hot Ones
Hahaha :lol: Just visualizing that makes me laugh.

"So tell us what you got going on in your life"
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I love that you guys know what that show is, fuck we are cool 8-)

I was erect for most of the Rachel Ray episode.
Canned audience laughter
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I love Hot Ones lol... I even have the hot ones sauce in my fridge.

I actually appreciate John Mayer more after his interview yesterday. Couldn't stand him before, now I don't think he's all bad.
tys0n wrote:I love that you guys know what that show is, fuck we are cool 8-)

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Good to hear! I know they switched studios and all, but that seems like a long time for Danny? I kind of thought they were farther along. Still good news. Maybe they are just really taking their time because they know Maynard isn’t available for a good while? I have never subscribed to the double album talk, I mean I fucking hope so, but don’t think so. However, maybe it’s a longer album if it took Danny a while. He’s netorioualy fast. Still Highly doubt it. So who’s next for tracking, Justin?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

The H3H3 one was the one that got me into it, been watching Sean and his stuff ever since. Good stuff!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

@Z - Hot Ones is dope. Did you see the Alton Brown one? He smashed those wings and didn't even flinch once. Like a boss

@NX - Bout fucking time - hopefully doesn't take Adam and Justin 3 months to track their shit. Bunch of lazy asses. Good news nonetheless
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

M0G wrote:@Z - Hot Ones is dope. Did you see the Alton Brown one? He smashed those wings and didn't even flinch once. Like a boss

@NX - Bout fucking time - hopefully doesn't take Adam and Justin 3 months to track their shit. Bunch of lazy asses. Good news nonetheless
Enjoyed Charlize Theron on Hot Ones, but then again I would enjoy her reading the dictionary...
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
M0G wrote:@Z - Hot Ones is dope. Did you see the Alton Brown one? He smashed those wings and didn't even flinch once. Like a boss

Enjoyed Charlize Theron on Hot Ones, but then again I would enjoy her reading the dictionary...
^ This ^
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Danny Brown is still my favorite Hot Ones guest
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

joeypants wrote:Danny Brown is still my favorite Hot Ones guest
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Alton Brown is awesome. Yeah I saw that one. I love him on food network. Iron Chef is one of the best shows on TV
Ettan wrote:

The H3H3 one was the one that got me into it, been watching Sean and his stuff ever since. Good stuff!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk