Tool tuning 440hz or 432hz?

The Main Event
basejumper
Droner

Tool tuning 440hz or 432hz?

Post by basejumper »

I was reading some things on modern day tuning and how it differs from older tuning. Basically the modern day tuning is set to 440hz and previous tuning was set to 432hz.

Does anyone know what Tool tunes to?
Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Tool tuning 440hz or 432hz?

Post by hellboy »

I dunno. What hz is Drop D?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I've always found it to be a hair above 440.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Modern day?
Previous?
When did it switch is my first question I reckon or was it gradual?
Any significant event leading to a change or was it slow in the production process?
An interesting question.
There's been a number of times I've wished
I was back in the studio,
this being one of them.
love to play with stuff....
sorry...I don't want to bore anyone
but a great question, bassssssssssss..................................
.........................................................................................
.........................................................................................

*gaspinhale*

......................................................................................
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

357, 358, whatever it takes.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

^
check
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

ilikecheese wrote:Modern day?
Previous?
Any significant event leading to a change or was it slow in the production process?
An interesting question.
It was switched /adopted/forced onto the musical community in 1939 as a standard. Other frequencies were used before then including 432hz and 444hz which resonated more with natures frequencies. 432hz relates to the Fibonacci sequence which caused me to think about Tool. Also, the difference between 440hz and 432hz is 8hz.... which could be related to Problem 8 possibly???? :?: It does seem to be a problem if you are seeking spiritual transformation and understanding if you are 'out of tune' with natures harmonics, if only by 8hz.

[tab=30]
A=440 Versus A=432 Standard Tuning

A lot has been written on the A=432Hz tuning preference that is mathematically consistent with the Fibonacci series of numbers, and, therefore, universal design. Among the advocates of A=432Hz standard tuning is musician and researcher, Brian T. Collins, who launched a website dedicated to posting articles supportive to this growing musical-metaphysical movement for recovering optimal spirituality through music “therapy.”(21)

Collins wrote, “The current tuning of music based on A=440 Hz does not harmonize on any level that corresponds to cosmic movement, rhythm, or natural vibration. Mozart and Verdi both based their music on natural vibration, and A=432 was nicknamed the ‘Verdi tuning.’ Most western music, including popular New Age music is still tuned at unnatural A=440Hz. The difference between A=440 Hz and A=432 Hz is only 8 vibrations per second, but it is a perceptible difference in the human consciousness experience.”(21)

An expanded review of A=432Hz tuning finds it throughout the religious world according to many researchers. “One of the oldest uses of sound is for ceremonial and religious purposes. Whether the chanting of a Hindu mantra, the recitation of the Jewish cantor, a Christian hymn, or the call of a Moslem muezzin, sacred sound makes its way into all of the various world's religions. According to Robert Lewis, a student of the Rosicrucian Fellowship: ‘The purpose of music in religious service is to raise the vibratory rate of a congregation upward through a series of overtones to a spiritual level.’"(21)

“Archaic Egyptian instruments that have been unearthed, so far, are largely tuned to A=432Hz. In ancient Greece (the school book original place for music) their instruments were predominantly tuned to 432Hz. Within the archaic Greek Eleusenian Mysteries, Orpheus is the god of music, death and rebirth, and was the keeper of the Ambrosia and the music of transformation (his instruments were tuned at 432Hz).(25)

“. . .

ne can make audible harmonics, such as 72Hz (9 x 8 Hz), 144Hz (18 x 8 Hz) and 432Hz; and then further synchronize the music in binaural 8Hz, to reawaken us to the orchestra of our thoughts, in the cathedrals of our minds. Such musical harmonics may also resonate and upload one into a geometrical progression and harmonic to time, which is generally accepted to be the congruence of the amino acid/codon metabolism within the DNA double helix.(25)

A=444 (C(5)=528Hz) Versus A=432

It is readily apparent from a simple mathematical analysis that A=444Hz and A=432 Hz are harmonically related and both, reportedly, therapeutic. Prove the harmony yourself by simply subtracting 432 from 444. It yields 12; where 1+2=3 in Pythagorean math. Now take 528 and subtract 444 and you also get 12, or 3. Next, take 528 and subtract 432 to get 96; where 9+6=15; and 1+5=6. This result is identical to 5+2+8=15 or 6.

Notice this set of numbers--3s, 6s, 9s and 8s--are always exclusively represented by these special natural pure tones, their scales, and their harmonics. This is precisely what Leonardo da Vinci’s mentors emphasized about cosmic scales and mathematics. (21, 22)

Nikola Tesla, too, taught his students about this unique set of numbers, and always applied this math in his research and inventions, including free energy machines, also suppressed by the same petrochemical-pharmaceutical corporatists that advanced A=440Hz standard tuning and nuclear energy.(26)

Tobias (page 91-92) also wrote of these esoteric “epistemologies” in the context of reviewing Rockefeller Foundation and US Navy funding for militarizing music. He wrote, “In the course of this large-scale historical transition in which bioinformatic epistemologies drew from and displaced bioenergetic [i.e., biospiritual] ones, . . . [h]istorically, “visual music” theorists have attributed such attempts at writing sound in magnetic, electrical, electronic, or digital media as indebted to a larger history of “color organs,” alchemy, or Pythagorean or neo-Pythagorean epistemologies. Here, though, we see the tensions in clear detail: at stake is a historical transition between essentially bioenergetic epistemologies after Helmholtz and bioinformatic epistemologies emerging with Turing, Wiener, or Shannon.”(8)

In the grand tradition of “bioenergetic epistemologies,” this author advanced “The Perfect Circle of Sound”--a decryption of “The Real da Vinci Code,” featured in the esoteric artist’s most famous drawing, The Vitruvian ‘Wo/Man,’ that includes the original Solfeggio scale.(27)

Here, the 3s, 6s, and 9s, are exclusively represented by the set of natural harmonics mathematically linked to ancient Pi, Phi, the Fibonacci series, and the construction of the physical universe from sound vibrations acting on water. (36) (See mathematical proofs in Victor Showell’s monographs in the journal HYDROSONICS, and also at LOVE528.com.)

Alternatively, Tobias concluded, “the Rockefeller Foundation’s careful project management and coordination,” contributed to the materialistic versus metaphysical industrialization of music in the media. (8)
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

AT first i thought you meant TOOL changed hz's and i thought you were making the point that when they changed bass players, they also changed hz's and so on ....ha
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

basejumper wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:Modern day?
Previous?
An interesting question.
It was switched /adopted/forced onto the musical community in 1939 as a standard. Other frequencies were used before then including 432hz and 444hz which resonated more with natures frequencies. 432hz relates to the Fibonacci sequence which caused me to think about Tool. Also, the difference between 440hz and 432hz is 8hz.... which could be related to Problem 8 possibly???? :?: It does seem to be a problem if you are seeking spiritual transformation and understanding if you are 'out of tune' with natures harmonics, if only by 8hz.

[tab=30]
A=440 Versus A=432 Standard Tuning

A lot has been written on the A=432Hz tuning preference that is mathematically consistent with the Fibonacci series of numbers, and, therefore, universal design. Among the advocates of A=432Hz standard tuning is musician and researcher, Brian T. Collins, who launched a website dedicated to posting articles supportive to this growing musical-metaphysical movement for recovering optimal spirituality through music “therapy.”(21)

Collins wrote, “The current tuning of music based on A=440 Hz does not harmonize on any level that corresponds to cosmic movement, rhythm, or natural vibration. Mozart and Verdi both based their music on natural vibration, and A=432 was nicknamed the ‘Verdi tuning.’ Most western music, including popular New Age music is still tuned at unnatural A=440Hz. The difference between A=440 Hz and A=432 Hz is only 8 vibrations per second, but it is a perceptible difference in the human consciousness experience.”(21)

An expanded review of A=432Hz tuning finds it throughout the religious world according to many researchers. “One of the oldest uses of sound is for ceremonial and religious purposes. Whether the chanting of a Hindu mantra, the recitation of the Jewish cantor, a Christian hymn, or the call of a Moslem muezzin, sacred sound makes its way into all of the various world's religions. According to Robert Lewis, a student of the Rosicrucian Fellowship: ‘The purpose of music in religious service is to raise the vibratory rate of a congregation upward through a series of overtones to a spiritual level.’"(21)

“Archaic Egyptian instruments that have been unearthed, so far, are largely tuned to A=432Hz. In ancient Greece (the school book original place for music) their instruments were predominantly tuned to 432Hz. Within the archaic Greek Eleusenian Mysteries, Orpheus is the god of music, death and rebirth, and was the keeper of the Ambrosia and the music of transformation (his instruments were tuned at 432Hz).(25)

“. . .

ne can make audible harmonics, such as 72Hz (9 x 8 Hz), 144Hz (18 x 8 Hz) and 432Hz; and then further synchronize the music in binaural 8Hz, to reawaken us to the orchestra of our thoughts, in the cathedrals of our minds. Such musical harmonics may also resonate and upload one into a geometrical progression and harmonic to time, which is generally accepted to be the congruence of the amino acid/codon metabolism within the DNA double helix.(25)

A=444 (C(5)=528Hz) Versus A=432

It is readily apparent from a simple mathematical analysis that A=444Hz and A=432 Hz are harmonically related and both, reportedly, therapeutic. Prove the harmony yourself by simply subtracting 432 from 444. It yields 12; where 1+2=3 in Pythagorean math. Now take 528 and subtract 444 and you also get 12, or 3. Next, take 528 and subtract 432 to get 96; where 9+6=15; and 1+5=6. This result is identical to 5+2+8=15 or 6.

Notice this set of numbers--3s, 6s, 9s and 8s--are always exclusively represented by these special natural pure tones, their scales, and their harmonics. This is precisely what Leonardo da Vinci’s mentors emphasized about cosmic scales and mathematics. (21, 22)

Nikola Tesla, too, taught his students about this unique set of numbers, and always applied this math in his research and inventions, including free energy machines, also suppressed by the same petrochemical-pharmaceutical corporatists that advanced A=440Hz standard tuning and nuclear energy.(26)

Tobias (page 91-92) also wrote of these esoteric “epistemologies” in the context of reviewing Rockefeller Foundation and US Navy funding for militarizing music. He wrote, “In the course of this large-scale historical transition in which bioinformatic epistemologies drew from and displaced bioenergetic [i.e., biospiritual] ones, . . . [h]istorically, “visual music” theorists have attributed such attempts at writing sound in magnetic, electrical, electronic, or digital media as indebted to a larger history of “color organs,” alchemy, or Pythagorean or neo-Pythagorean epistemologies. Here, though, we see the tensions in clear detail: at stake is a historical transition between essentially bioenergetic epistemologies after Helmholtz and bioinformatic epistemologies emerging with Turing, Wiener, or Shannon.”(8)

In the grand tradition of “bioenergetic epistemologies,” this author advanced “The Perfect Circle of Sound”--a decryption of “The Real da Vinci Code,” featured in the esoteric artist’s most famous drawing, The Vitruvian ‘Wo/Man,’ that includes the original Solfeggio scale.(27)

Here, the 3s, 6s, and 9s, are exclusively represented by the set of natural harmonics mathematically linked to ancient Pi, Phi, the Fibonacci series, and the construction of the physical universe from sound vibrations acting on water. (36) (See mathematical proofs in Victor Showell’s monographs in the journal HYDROSONICS, and also at LOVE528.com.)

Alternatively, Tobias concluded, “the Rockefeller Foundation’s careful project management and coordination,” contributed to the materialistic versus metaphysical industrialization of music in the media. (8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistemology

You can't just throw around a term and expect people to think you're smart, deep, and know what you're talking about. I hate it when people do that.

Fucking morons.

Any chance you could provide a link to go with this vulgar masturbation session, bj?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Cool idea and nice article to read. Little too much numerology for me, but a cool read none-the-less

Overall I It made me think that this must be the reason why people who listen to the band for more than a track or two generally become addicts, you know since the old idea of the songs being played backwards was subliminal programming.
This 8hz must be it.

Thanks for the post.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

What the holy fuck..

Yep, that must be it...
I became a tool-addict because of the 8hz

Here I thought it was the giant cock'n'balls logo that got me hooked..
also, Avatar!
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

The Boss wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistemology

You can't just throw around a term and expect people to think you're smart, deep, and know what you're talking about. I hate it when people do that.

Fucking morons.

Any chance you could provide a link to go with this vulgar masturbation session, bj?
Who said I was expecting anything from anyone? So you didn't know what epistemology was... big deal!
I received the article in a pdf. I can look for it online later.

I have found some recordings in 432hz and have to say that there is a difference. The 432hz feels more rich, warm and clean sounding to me. Here is a comparison site http://omega432.com/432-music/concert-pitch-comparison
I don't know much about this but I guess you can change the frequency after recording? Here are a few Tool songs in 432hz.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Tool fans :lol:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Speaking of TUNING.

For any US based musicians, killer deal on a nifty tuner:

$3 for a clip on promo tuner from reverb.com

https://reverb.com/item/45234-reverb-cl ... er-limit-1
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan wrote:Speaking of TUNING.

For any US based musicians, killer deal on a nifty tuner:

$3 for a clip on promo tuner from reverb.com

https://reverb.com/item/45234-reverb-cl ... er-limit-1
Once Android was released, I (and my other muso friends) went straight to an app to tune instruments.

I remember paying fifty dollars for a chromatic back in the day. Never again now I have a phone.

And the accuracy is fucking amazing.

Still, $3 is pretty excellent. :)
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I laughed back then, but call me crazy - I actually listened to a 432hx version of Mer De Noms a while ago and it did somehow "feel" different. Not sure how much of that was placebo, since I'm not so sure it'd hold up to a blind test.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:I laughed back then, but call me crazy - I actually listened to a 432hx version of Mer De Noms a while ago and it did somehow "feel" different. Not sure how much of that was placebo, since I'm not so sure it'd hold up to a blind test.
Have we had confirmation that "the brown sound" exists?

I'd say the frequency would make a difference, now that I think about it. Binaural beats work on that theory; and while they haven't been confirmed to have a scientifically measurable effect, my own experience suggests to me that it's significant and real.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The brown sound is what they call Eddie Van Halen's guitar tone on the early Van Halen albums. I think the term you're looking for is the "brown note."
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:The brown sound is what they call Eddie Van Halen's guitar tone on the early Van Halen albums. I think the term you're looking for is the "brown note."
Ah, gotcha.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:I laughed back then, but call me crazy - I actually listened to a 432hx version of Mer De Noms a while ago and it did somehow "feel" different. Not sure how much of that was placebo, since I'm not so sure it'd hold up to a blind test.
You're not crazy. That much of a difference is very perceptible and audible. Our synth player became very enamored with this idea (which I admit, is intriguing) of tuning to 432hz and tried to tune his synths down (or up? I'm no good with that relativity part) to it, and I noticed immediately without him telling me. You can hear that it's just a little sharp/flat, depending on which way you go.

According to all the tuners I've had, is sounds like Tool is at 441hz, but it wouldn't shock me if it was a hair up or down (possibly 444hz? I've never tried matching them up). But when I would play along with albums, 440 always sounded "off" so I would tune it by ear to the album, then see where that was at on the tuner. 441hz would get me perfect each time. :?
SEVEN
Maynard Believer

Post by SEVEN »

its 440. the 432 Hz versions were made by other people after the fact.