Tool Spring 2017 Tour (includes spoilers!)

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
lachrymologist
RIP

Re: Tool Summer 2017 Tour

Post by lachrymologist »

I had the pleasure of seeing tool at red rocks for two nights in 2010. 2nd show I bought a 12th row ticket off of stub hub and I ended up with a set list. Guy in the red shirt gave it to me. Good Times...
Anyways I have purchased airfare to Vancouver and then safe passage from Seattle to CMH

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

385 from Columbus to Vancouver and Seattle to Columbus seemed like a great deal. Now I just need to rent a car or find someone else doing to the toolgrimige

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

lachrymologist wrote:385 from Columbus to Vancouver and Seattle to Columbus seemed like a great deal. Now I just need to rent a car or find someone else doing to the toolgrimige
I'm leaning heavily towards going... I'd split the car with ya as long as it's a good deal. :lol:
Professor of Lesbian Science
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

It will be a GREAT DEAL. I will see to it myself

lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Pm sent

Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

From my experiences: Red Rocks > The Gorge. Others I've gone with agree. Can't go wrong going to the Gorge though.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Just looked into renting a car in Vancouver and dropping it off in Seattle and it's almost 1000 dollars. What the fuck is up with that? I could buy a car in Vancouver and just leave it in Seattle for cheaper lol.

brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Krazy_blah wrote:From my experiences: Red Rocks > The Gorge. Others I've gone with agree. Can't go wrong going to the Gorge though.
i ve been to both and i think the gorge is better
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

lachrymologist wrote:Just looked into renting a car in Vancouver and dropping it off in Seattle and it's almost 1000 dollars. What the fuck is up with that? I could buy a car in Vancouver and just leave it in Seattle for cheaper lol.
Sounds pretty outrageous - might be because it needs to cross the border. $1000 sounds like the cost it'd take to get it on a truck back to Vancouver (and then some). Vancouver is only a few hours drive from Seattle though right? Can't you just drive both ways?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Renting a car and returning to a different location is pretty expensive on it's own. So I'm not surprised that taking to it another country would is that expensive.
Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Yeah, going from Orlando to Tampa is one thing. Going from two different countries is another, no matter somewhat close proximity.
brewdog123 wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:From my experiences: Red Rocks > The Gorge. Others I've gone with agree. Can't go wrong going to the Gorge though.
i ve been to both and i think the gorge is better
You are WRONG! WRONG you are!!! Seriously though, was a bit disappointed in The Gorge the one time there. The backdrop is great but that doesn't matter once it gets dark out. Otherwise it just had the feeling of a festival in the middle of Bum-fuck, WA. Getting in and out of there was horrendous. Red Rocks is very intimate despite being ~10k capacity, not a bad seat in the house, incredible acoustics, and the stage is large enough to put on a production like Tool or NIN. Also there are hotels/actual cities not too far.

To each their own. Do want to try the Gorge one more time though, probably not in the cards this year unless NIN would make their way there.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

hellboy wrote:
lachrymologist wrote:Just looked into renting a car in Vancouver and dropping it off in Seattle and it's almost 1000 dollars. What the fuck is up with that? I could buy a car in Vancouver and just leave it in Seattle for cheaper lol.
Sounds pretty outrageous - might be because it needs to cross the border. $1000 sounds like the cost it'd take to get it on a truck back to Vancouver (and then some). Vancouver is only a few hours drive from Seattle though right? Can't you just drive both ways?
After doing some research I found that there are trains and buses that go from Vancouver to Seattle. Business class seat will cost me 65 bucks. It just sucks that it leaves so early 630 AM I think. I will just rent a car in Seattle.

lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

And no I didn't think this trip through ahead of time, it's going to cost me a lot more than I originally thought.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

This thread has given me some ideas for my international drug smuggling operation.

Just letting you guys know so that you're aware of your culpability in my crimes.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Something something anus
Hey! Denty!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

So is it Portland on the 19th then?

Snackary
Maynard Believer

Post by Snackary »

I've been to the gorge a couple of times but have never stayed the night in the campground. Does anyone know what it's like? It seems like it would be a lot of fun and also irritating.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

From what I've read it's a cluster fuck. I'm planning on leaving early Sunday morning and heading to Portland for a night before heading back to Seattle to fly home early Tuesday AM. I'm told gold and premier camping are well worth it.

Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

lachrymologist wrote:So is it Portland on the 19th then?

Is there speculation that more dates are going to be added?...

Sent from my asshole using a gaseous effect
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:
lachrymologist wrote:So is it Portland on the 19th then?

Is there speculation that more dates are going to be added?...

Sent from my asshole using a gaseous effect
There is a very strong rumour (direct from Danny I understand) that there will be a show at Anaheim CA and it's probably the last on the tour. Personally I'd expect a few West Coast dates for come as well, Portland seeming to be an obvious stop.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I'm hoping for Portland on the 18th or 19th. I fly out at 530 AM out of Seattle on the 20th. As far as camping at the gorge goes, I just booked here...
http://www.wildhorsecampground.com
They have a shuttle to the gorge and is very close. The reviews are fantastic, seemed like a good choice for 87 bucks for the 16th and 17th.

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Shouldn't this thread be called the "Tool Spring 2017 Tour"? None of the announced dates are actually in Summer (for us Northern Hemisphere folks).
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Tool Spring 2017 Tour

Post by xZ1mM3r »

nxrm wrote:Shouldn't this thread be called the "Tool Spring 2017 Tour"? None of the announced dates are actually in Summer (for us Northern Hemisphere folks).
good point... fixed
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

How'd everybody do on tickets this morning?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I got NOTHING!!

But that's likely because I didn't bother trying to get tix.

To anyone attending a show on this leg, I'm a bit jealous, but also a bit relieved they haven't yet announced any SF dates. I am not sure if I'd go or not. I would probably feel compelled, but honestly, I'd prefer to see them live again on a new album tour.
Ki77aan :twisted: