Attendance/Capacity: 7,031 / 7,031
Ticket Prices: $75, $49.50

Artist: Tool, Failure
Venue: Reno Events Center – Reno, NV
Date: Mar. 09th, 2014
Gross Sales: $482,067
Attendance/Capacity: 6,226 / 6,226
Ticket Prices: $79.50, $49.50
that's a lot of grapes right there. those three shows alone just funded everything Puscifer does, that you don't want them to, for the next 150 years.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: General Tour Discussion Thread

Post by not tyson »

That's gross, so what do they get each, like $60,000 at best less tax.

Still pretty good.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Not Tyson wrote:That's gross, so what do they get each, like $60,000 at best less tax.

Still pretty good.
Maynard is easily getting 80% of that.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Well he is an accountant with an eye to the future.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

if they think he's going to split it all right in two they're sorely mistaken.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

junior wrote:
basejumper wrote:
hellboy wrote: I think it's chosen mostly because it suits the confetti a little better (I'm no huge fan of the confetti either)
Have there been any give-aways in the confetti this tour?
No give-aways, but there have been hand-written words on some of the pieces. Might do a "golden ticket" setlist piece amongst the red squares for the last show today.
What were the words on the confetti?
Did anyone 'redeem' the red square golden ticket?

Thanks for all your work junior!
Professor of Lesbian Science
goinlow254
Maynard Believer

Post by goinlow254 »

Does anyone know the concert capacity of the Toyota Center in Houston with the floor seats. That place was packed, it was an amazing time. I was in Austin the night before, such a different vibe with so many more people. Both situations are awesome, granted, I was much closer in Houston
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

goinlow254 wrote:Does anyone know the concert capacity of the Toyota Center in Houston with the floor seats. That place was packed, it was an amazing time. I was in Austin the night before, such a different vibe with so many more people. Both situations are awesome, granted, I was much closer in Houston
For Basketball it's 18,000 plus. I would assume it's that or slightly more for a concert, considering GA on part of the floor, and some of the stadium seating (behind the stage) is closed off.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Kittaan wrote:
goinlow254 wrote:Does anyone know the concert capacity of the Toyota Center in Houston with the floor seats. That place was packed, it was an amazing time. I was in Austin the night before, such a different vibe with so many more people. Both situations are awesome, granted, I was much closer in Houston
For Basketball it's 18,000 plus. I would assume it's that or slightly more for a concert, considering GA on part of the floor, and some of the stadium seating (behind the stage) is closed off.
I think it was a little over 12 thousand at the show. Definitely the best Houston Tool crowd I have experienced In a long time.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Adam said 12,631 on his instagram
Hey! Denty!
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

Gross Sales is completely different than Net Sales. How much did the venues cost to rent? What about the gas that goes in the trucks that carry the equiptment? Or the trucks themselves? Hotel rooms? Catering?

You can't look at Gross Sales and divide it by 4.
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

iloveposters wrote:Gross Sales is completely different than Net Sales. How much did the venues cost to rent? What about the gas that goes in the trucks that carry the equiptment? Or the trucks themselves? Hotel rooms? Catering?

They used at least 4 semi trucks and 6 tour buses. Fancy hotels for the band and usual rooms for the crew. They keep doctors, chiropractors, psycologists, and spiritual people on retainer in cities as well. Though that should not cost too much.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Finally someone understands business. I think everyone assumes they each make multimillions at every show.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Probably the best footage / audio from this tour. Performance wise, a few fuck ups but nonetheless a solid performance.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Finally someone understands business. I think everyone assumes they each make multimillions at every show.
Actually, I very few think that really. When you factor in VIP sales, merch and other stuff, I think you'll find they take home a pretty respectable pay packet though obviously not in the millions.
nsfw dave
Bronco's Fan

Post by nsfw dave »

if they sell out the vip thing... say 100 people thats 50k just in the first few rows. now ticket revenue.. lets say they only take half the cost of the ticket at an average of 70$ so 35... and the attendance in houston was over 12k netting 420k plus the 50k so now up to 470k ... thats tickets. im sure expenses for all that was previously mentioned are high... so i would assume at the end of the tour each member should be taking home half a mil a piece. which is not bad for a couple weeks on the road. if i made half a mil in a couple weeks. id only tour 3 weeks a year too, and if were still paying whats the motivation to change anything.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

nsfw dave wrote:if they sell out the vip thing... say 100 people thats 50k just in the first few rows. now ticket revenue.. lets say they only take half the cost of the ticket at an average of 70$ so 35... and the attendance in houston was over 12k netting 420k plus the 50k so now up to 470k ... thats tickets. im sure expenses for all that was previously mentioned are high... so i would assume at the end of the tour each member should be taking home half a mil a piece. which is not bad for a couple weeks on the road. if i made half a mil in a couple weeks. id only tour 3 weeks a year too, and if were still paying whats the motivation to change anything.
That's close to the numbers I came up with as well. Tool is not going anywhere for a long time. Even if they just release one more album, they will be touring well into the 20s. I'm not sure if they will go as long as the Stones have, but I don't see their fanbase going anywhere. Fleetwood Mac is touring this winter and they will sell out arenas to fans who have just heard one album, Rumours.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ettan wrote:Probably the best footage / audio from this tour. Performance wise, a few fuck ups but nonetheless a solid performance.

Fuck that is a great video.
Hey! Denty!
HarrySeaward
Bronco's Fan

Post by HarrySeaward »

nsfw dave wrote:if they sell out the vip thing... say 100 people thats 50k just in the first few rows. now ticket revenue.. lets say they only take half the cost of the ticket at an average of 70$ so 35... and the attendance in houston was over 12k netting 420k plus the 50k so now up to 470k ... thats tickets. im sure expenses for all that was previously mentioned are high... so i would assume at the end of the tour each member should be taking home half a mil a piece. which is not bad for a couple weeks on the road. if i made half a mil in a couple weeks. id only tour 3 weeks a year too, and if were still paying whats the motivation to change anything.
One word you forgot to factor in: merch.
nsfw dave
Bronco's Fan

Post by nsfw dave »

i didnt forget, because the other word i didnt include was tax.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bigboy55693 wrote:
iloveposters wrote:Gross Sales is completely different than Net Sales. How much did the venues cost to rent? What about the gas that goes in the trucks that carry the equiptment? Or the trucks themselves? Hotel rooms? Catering?

They used at least 4 semi trucks and 6 tour buses. Fancy hotels for the band and usual rooms for the crew. They keep doctors, chiropractors, psycologists, and spiritual people on retainer in cities as well. Though that should not cost too much.
Personnel (in addition to the 4 band members):

42 traveling crew, plus 6 bus drivers and 8 truck drivers.
Approximately 50-60 local stagehands (varies a little depending on the venue specs)

Many building personnel (security, ushers, etc.)

Traveling sound, lights, video, and laser companies all get a sizeable weekly fee.
Promoter gets a cut. Booking agent gets a cut. Management gets a cut....
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Not Tyson wrote:Image
I used to do that for a living. props.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ettan wrote:Probably the best footage / audio from this tour. Performance wise, a few fuck ups but nonetheless a solid performance.

props to the video and the cutie pie who posted it on youtube. someone tell her to create an account and get in here PRONTO. Matty needs to be a more proactive recruiter. too many swinging dicks on this forum, moral is at an all time low.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »