Post by M0G »

The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Bandcamp Fourtheye Collection

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:
Missed this the first time it was posted. Excellent album and happily seconded.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Thanks to Joey for this one...he actually posted this over in the What are you listening to thread so I am posting and seconding this. So officially...SECONDED

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Seconded and Thirded. I dig.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Joey - Remember the Sleep Lady recommendation you made? Also mixed by Aaron Harris. Definitely deserves a Second don't ya think?

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yes, I was about to post that again. Sleep Lady is the shit!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'll add these two items very shorty.

On a matter of process, the nomination and seconding process happening in this thread is important. Just because someone posts it in the "What am I listening to thread" doesn't necessarily mean they think it's good enough to be included in this collection. Remember this collection should contain what you feel is the best, not what just gives you a passing boner.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:I'll add these two items very shorty.

On a matter of process, the nomination and seconding process happening in this thread is important. Just because someone posts it in the "What am I listening to thread" doesn't necessarily mean they think it's good enough to be included in this collection. Remember this collection should contain what you feel is the best, not what just gives you a passing boner.
Fuck off. When Joey posted it in the Listening thread I decided to nominate it. Joey seconded it. I will nominate and second as I see fit.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

No need to blow a fuse. Merely pointing out that all items need to be nominated and seconded in this thread. Not trying to suggest there is anything improper about what has happened.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:No need to blow a fuse. Merely pointing out that all items need to be nominated and seconded in this thread. Not trying to suggest there is anything improper about what has happened.
No fuses blown I am mostly just busting your balls. I understand why you wanted to reinforce the thread rules. I do think you are limiting the thread a bit though. Many bands use Bandcamp as a spring board. Often they lack polish but are heavy on potential. Sometimes I will nominate based on potential. Exposure is everything.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Keep on nominating those bands, the will continue to appear in the list if they are seconded. The only thing I was pointing out was that relying on a post in another thread does not count.

There are plenty of threads where any band can be posted, personally I think this should be reserved for the best, but any band that gets seconded will be added to the list.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Totally understand what you're saying Hellboy, and we do all need to think sometimes so it doesn't just turn into "any decent band on Bandcamp." But on that note, I actually thought I'd already submitted Sleep Lady and meant to. They're one of, if not the most special bands I've found on the site and truly stand out to me in terms of creatively fusing sounds that I love from different genres.

Both their previous album and their new EP are really, really solid as well. I know life and the usual stuff has kept them off the road so far, but I really really hope I get to see them live one day. Lord Baby Jesus willing, maybe we can play a show with them one day.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:
M0G wrote:
Missed this the first time it was posted. Excellent album and happily seconded.
Yeah, this is enjoyable groove riffage here. Also makes me feel better about how my own ripping off of Tool haha.

Not sure how I feel about the vocals. I like them in spots and others not so much. Nonetheless, this is really good heaviness.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Finally got around to listening to TNBD - Exegesis and I dug it too. Pretty solid. I agree the vocals are not the highlight, but thank all the gawds no Cookie Monster!!
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

A collection of Sydney experimental, doom, drone, hardcore, punk, progressive, metal and sludge bands. Bonus points: All money raised by the compilation goes to Beyond Blue:
A special compilation curated by We Lost the Sea and Art As Catharsis to pay tribute to a superb person, Chris Torpy, who sadly took his life in March 2013.

"Not a day goes by that we all don't think about him," says We Lost the Sea drummer Nathaniel D'Ugo. "To pay tribute to Chris we could think of no better way than to get together a bunch of bands full of people that he loved and who loved him."

100% of proceeds will be donated to the charity beyondblue, who provide support for people who suffer any form of depression and anxiety, empowering all Australians, at any life-stage, to seek help. beyondblue raises awareness, reduces stigma and ensures people have access to the information they need to support recovery, management and resilience.

For information on depression, anxiety and related disorders, available treatments and where to get help, visit http://www.beyondblue.org.au, call the beyondblue info line on 1300 22 4636 (local call cost from a landline), or email infoline@beyondblue.org.au
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:empowering all Australians
Hmmmm....

How much power are we talking about here? Like potato battery levels of power or are we talking like a full on nuclear reactor?

'Cuz I'm not sure I want to be giving Australians THAT much power.
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I will second just because. I can't argue with that.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:A collection of Sydney experimental, doom, drone, hardcore, punk, progressive, metal and sludge bands. Bonus points: All money raised by the compilation goes to Beyond Blue:
A special compilation curated by We Lost the Sea and Art As Catharsis to pay tribute to a superb person, Chris Torpy, who sadly took his life in March 2013.

"Not a day goes by that we all don't think about him," says We Lost the Sea drummer Nathaniel D'Ugo. "To pay tribute to Chris we could think of no better way than to get together a bunch of bands full of people that he loved and who loved him."

100% of proceeds will be donated to the charity beyondblue, who provide support for people who suffer any form of depression and anxiety, empowering all Australians, at any life-stage, to seek help. beyondblue raises awareness, reduces stigma and ensures people have access to the information they need to support recovery, management and resilience.

For information on depression, anxiety and related disorders, available treatments and where to get help, visit http://www.beyondblue.org.au, call the beyondblue info line on 1300 22 4636 (local call cost from a landline), or email infoline@beyondblue.org.au
I could be a dick and repeat your bullshit about only posting truly great albums....but.....given the circumstances and the fact that it is going to a good cause, I second as well.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Hellboi posted a compilation album a few days ago which included We Lost The Sea. They are an incredibly talented band. I present to you, The Quietest Place on Earth

As a quick aside, I gotta say, Birds Robe Records is REALLY finding great bands and putting out great music. Some interesting shit going on in Sydney musically. I hope it continues to grow.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

M0G wrote:Hellboi posted a compilation album a few days ago which included We Lost The Sea. They are an incredibly talented band. I present to you, The Quietest Place on Earth

As a quick aside, I gotta say, Birds Robe Records is REALLY finding great bands and putting out great music. Some interesting shit going on in Sydney musically. I hope it continues to grow.

I am not at all saying they ripped it off (this was released well before), but A Quiet Place is FREAKISHLY similar to Ghost's "Ghuleh/Zombie Queen." It's fucking uncanny, down to the same basic chord progression and whispering opening.