Meshuggah

Music in all its forms and styles
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
I'd totally stick around as long as I could. I do that at any show once I'm there. But being familiar with LoG, I'd be out before the first song was over. ESPECIALLY after Meshuggah just steamrolled my aural and ocular cavities.

Word.  Hard to explain just how good these guys are.  They are so tight, absolutely on time and in rhythm chugging along like a fucking machine.  Haake sitting behind the kit like some kind of alien robot seemingly incapable of making a mistake while he holds it all together.  Amazing how far these guys have come and how long they have been around.  Destroy Erase Improve came out in 95.  Almost 20 years later they are still making brilliant records and killing it live.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said
Did he marry all four of those women?

that's what Utah is for.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Meshuggah

Post by hellboy »

It pains me greatly that Meshuggah just played in town tonight and I missed them. But fucked if I was going to pay $80 to see them with Lamb of God. Fucking cunts.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy wrote:It pains me greatly that Meshuggah just played in town tonight and I missed them. But fucked if I was going to pay $80 to see them with Lamb of God. Fucking cunts.
^ Cheap bastard. It's fucking Meshuggah. Pay the 80 bucks, see Meshuggah, and role out.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MOG wrote:
hellboy wrote:It pains me greatly that Meshuggah just played in town tonight and I missed them. But fucked if I was going to pay $80 to see them with Lamb of God. Fucking cunts.
^ Cheap bastard. It's fucking Meshuggah. Pay the 80 bucks, see Meshuggah, and role out.
Nah, I have holidays I need to pay for. $80 is better spent on those than a Meshuggah support set. And besides, the setlists on this tour aren't that great tbh.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Amusing.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

Meshuggah is amazing, I have been listening to them a lot in the past 6 months. I love their early and later stuff.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
hahaha. I love Leo's "coke face" almost as good as his quaalude face.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Meshuggah celebrating their 25th anniversay

The most intelligent person on this forum
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

M0G wrote:Meshuggah celebrating their 25th anniversay

apparently on bonnaroo this year
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yep. Wish I could go but my days of forking over that kind of money to drive to a farm in Tennessee are long gone, I'm afraid. Hopefully there's another solo show in the region around then.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

joeypants wrote:Yep. Wish I could go but my days of forking over that kind of money to drive to a farm in Tennessee are long gone, I'm afraid. Hopefully there's another solo show in the region around then.
I've mostly lost interest in festivals myself ... got some mates that went every year until 2010 and called it quits ... said it lost it's vibe ... amped up security, wankers, etc. All hearsay, but I'll take their word for it.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

For me, it mostly just comes down to sitting in the fucking sun, in a mass throng of people (increasingly, "kids," as I call them) only to get a pretty shitty spot for the 2-3 bands you actually really want to see. That is, unless you're willing and able to hold a piss all fucking day. And then you'll inevitably have some tit jabbering in your fucking ear the entire set because they don't even particularly like the band.

There's one here, Hangout Fest, that is nice just because of the fact that it's held in the Spring on our amazing beaches. Really want to go this year because Queens of the Stone Age and Outkast are headlining. But... so much money that I'd rather drop on going out of town to see 2-3 different bands play their own shows.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

so a new company moves into my building, today one of their employees I haven't seen since fucking High School comes up to me to say whattup. he had a sick band back in those days, his 8 foot drummer? put me onto Meshuggah in 1995. guy literally handed me a Meshuggah mixtape (remember mixtapes?) when we were putting on those gay little shorts they made us wear in gym. JNCO didn't make gym uniforms I guess.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Meshuggah working on a new album as most already know. Hard working band with a fantastic work ethic. Greatest band in metal. Also, they are conducting a vote on their website for their upcoming 25th anniversary tour.

Go vote bitches.

http://www.meshuggah.net/
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/201030 ... uy-theater

oh hell yeah. I wish they were playing Terminal 5. the Deftones rocked that place.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:http://www.songkick.com/concerts/201030 ... uy-theater

oh hell yeah. I wish they were playing Terminal 5. the Deftones rocked that place.
Oh shit hell yeah. Are you going?

They are playing the Fillmore outside of DC as well but that shit is on a Tuesday and fuck me that is impossible. Trying to finish up my work and then getting down there in rush hour traffic, bumper to bumper is just highly unlikely. Peeps just don't know traffic until they have driven I 95. DC to NY is a cluster fuck. 495 in DC and 695 in Baltimore are a fucking nightmare. At times I envy peeps that live downtown as it is easier to get anywhere, but I cannot handle city life. All those people around me all the time would drive me nuts. I have friends that live in both Balt and DC and I really don't know how they do it.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

M0G wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:http://www.songkick.com/concerts/201030 ... uy-theater

Oh shit hell yeah. Are you going?

They are playing the Fillmore outside of DC as well but that shit is on a Tuesday and fuck me that is impossible. Trying to finish up my work and then getting down there in rush hour traffic, bumper to bumper is just highly unlikely. Peeps just don't know traffic until they have driven I 95. DC to NY is a cluster fuck. 495 in DC and 695 in Baltimore are a fucking nightmare. At times I envy peeps that live downtown as it is easier to get anywhere, but I cannot handle city life. All those people around me all the time would drive me nuts. I have friends that live in both Balt and DC and I really don't know how they do it.
I'll go if I can get at least one person to go with me
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Don't be a big baby N Y H C. You will find some kindred spirits to chat to, if you stand up the front in particular. These guys are not getting any younger. Take the opportunities you are given.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I went to AAL alone. Worked out well for me. Got in and out of the venue quickly, found a great spot near the rail easily. I do usually like to hang with friends at gigs, but I won't let it stop me from seeing a great show.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

liz wrote:Don't be a big baby N Y H C. You will find some kindred spirits to chat to, if you stand up the front in particular. These guys are not getting any younger. Take the opportunities you are given.
I'm not a big baby you twat. I just don't like going to shows to see a band that is not in my top 10 solo, it's boring.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

From Facebook:
Continuing with the momentum of celebrating their 25-year anniversary, Sweden’s extreme metal deviants MESHUGGAH proudly announce the upcoming 26th of September re-issue of 2004’s one song EP, I, via Nuclear Blast Records.
Album artwork & concept are courtesy of MESHUGGAH drummer Tomas Haake, who comments on the EP’s mutant resurrection:
This 21 minute madness that is the song “I” is something we’ve always been extremely proud of!! Originally recorded for Jason Popson/Fractured transmitter record label, this was a “one off” that NB gave us the go ahead for - as we were under contract with them. Our plan was to just quickly write a little nugget of a song to help our friend Jason to kinda kickstart his label. It wasn’t quick however. We ended up spending a couple months on this thing as it just kept evolving and kind of took on a life of its own. This song is really different as it wasn’t “written” in the normal sense, but recorded without anything more than very open guidelines/ideas as to what kind of style we wanted each part to have. For examples, the initial 1½ minute drumfill is an excerpt of around a 15 minute recording of me just randomly going off on a kick/tom fill. Once we had chosen which part of it to use, we had to chart out the hits on paper and guitarist Fredrik and Marten then basically used sight-reading/avista to get the hits right while recording. And this is how we continued through the whole song/process.
We often get the question “When will you guys play I?” - And though I’m sure it could be done with a lot of listening and hard work - It’s really too unstructured a track. It would take up too much time and effort to make sense.
We’re super stoked now, to have this be re-released under the NB flag. Distribution and access to this little demon of a song was never quite what we had wished back when this was released, so we’re thrilled to see it be brought back to life!!
To further add value to this re-release, we added a couple live tracks and another weird little track “Pitch black” that some of our fans may have heard but probably not all, as it was only released in a limited number.
Enjoy!
/Tomas Haake
I’s 21-minute title track has been re-mastered and includes two live tracks recorded during the 2012 - 2013 Ophidian Trek World Tour, plus a previously unreleased studio track recorded in July 2003 at MESHUGGAH’s own Fear & Loathing studio in Stockholm, Sweden.
The track listing for I is:
1 - I
2 - Bleed (live)
3 - Dancers To A Discordant System (live)
4 - Pitch Black
Sounds good, I is their best song I reckon.