The Moho Collective @ Sticky Lips BBQ 14-Nov-2014

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

The Moho Collective @ Sticky Lips BBQ 14-Nov-2014

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Just got back from from checking these guys out. They're like a Jazz Fusion band, but with a lot of rock elements and some world influences as well. They started the show off with a digiredoo, which was pretty great. It was just a guitarist, bassist, and drummer/percussionist (who also played the digiredoo). They were joined on a couple of songs by a keyboardist/vocalist from a band called Auld Lang Syne, I believe. I'm not familiar with them, but he was pretty good. They also were also joined by a rapper, whose name I can't remember right now, who freestyled over a couple of songs. He seemed alright, but it was hard to tell what he was saying so it's difficult for me to judge how good he is, but it was entertaining and he fit well into the songs. The guitar player also played a pedal steel on some songs and the bassist pulled out an upright bass for a couple of songs which was cool.

The core band was really talented. Each member got a chance to show off at least once during the night and they all rocked it, the drum solo in particular was pretty awesome. That drummer has some chops. The mixing was excellent as well. All the instruments were clear and audible, even the upright bass was very clear which was a problem when I saw Melvins Lite a few years ago.

Overall, it was a great show. Especially considering that it was free. I bought a CD which I'm looking forward to checking out. I'll probably try and dig up some clips or tracks or something tomorrow. Right now I am beat and want to go to bed.

Highlights: Digiredoo, drum solo, rapper
Lowlights: Some drunk guy who was way too into it. He was fine when he was just awkwardly gyrating off to the side but then he started cursing out the venue when the band finished their set.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: The Moho Collective @ Sticky Lips BBQ 14-Nov-2014

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Here's a video from a previous performance they did at the same venue. It was filmed with a fish-eyes lens for some reason, but the sound quality seems pretty good from the little bit I listened to. I don't recognize the song though.

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Their album is alright. Not as good as their live show but still a solid listen. The production is fantastic though. It's one of the nicest sounding albums I've heard in a long time.
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Used to live around the corner from that place for a few years ... Good food for sure
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining