What are you watching? Film/TV

Movies, TV and other video based media
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

M0gZilla said

NYHC81 said
@Mog did you hear the second installment is moving forward? it's supposedly called "Paradise". can't wait to see Noomi all wrapped up in bloody bandages being chased by engineers on a nightmarish planet full of giant face huggers.

Yeah dude I am super stoked about the second installment. I like Prometheus so much better than the Alien movies. I thought Scott did a masterful job of leaving the story so open. I hate how often the thematic elements in current movies are spoon fed. Scott intentionally left a number of questions unanswered. Some of those questions will no doubt get answered in the next installment but even if there wasn't another movie in the works I like the fact that he left questions unanswered.

the mystery is the glue man. people are REALLY hating on it, I'm glad you know quality...just like Ghostface props on a Tool blog. no dick sucking but you and Hellboy are the coolest heads on this forum. add in Tyson being hysterical and The Boss, BGKG & Kitaan's musical tastes, this site is the shit. thanks to one and all.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Interesting how the mystery of Prometheus is masterful, yet the mystery of Tool is bullshit.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
Interesting how the mystery of Prometheus is masterful, yet the mystery of Tool is bullshit.

There's a mystery to TOOL, beyond "why do they keep fucking us when they talk about when they're writing/recording"?

Yeah, very interesting.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

unfortunately this:

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

agreed.  not something i want to see.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I've seen a few Tweets blaming Obama for this.

This isn't the appropriate time for that.
Don't mow your lawn
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

These videotaped tragedies always make me think about American culture.  It's ok to broadcast death and destruction, but cussing is bleeped out from the people experiencing it.  Reminds me of the air show crash a year ago where the censoring was blatant while you could watch people die.
Korax
Bronco's Fan

Post by Korax »

My cousin had left the finish line shorty before it happened.  A few friends and family were also working a few blocks away and could feel the explosion shake their stores.  It's amazing how someone who is the same species as the rest of us can do something so messed up.  Really, really shitty day for the human race.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

There is a fourtheye member who is a professional runner.  He is not very active here, but I hope he checks in soon and is ok.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Defiance on SciFi looks promising.  Chet Zar worked on some of the creature and character designs!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Oblivion was lame. 

It kinda felt like Moon if Hollywood had gotten it's hands on it.  It felt like the filmmakers were trying to go for that kinda personal, minimalist style Science Fiction, but it didn't really work.  Tom Cruise just isn't the actor for that, to make that kinda movie work you need to be able to get inside the actor's head and Tom Cruise is just too wooden, too detached for that to work.  There were too many superfluous characters, I mean I love Morgan Freeman, but the movie could just as easily have worked without his character.  The story was just too predictable.  The twists could've worked if they weren't so heavily foreshadowed, I had the movie figured out within the first 20 minutes.  There was only really one surprise I can think of.  There were some really good visuals, but overall the movie was just kind of dull.  The soundtrack was pretty shitty as well.  I usually don't care all that much, but it was really in your face.  There was one scene early on in the film that's kinda ruined because the score is too over-dramatic and there was another scene where the music was very similar to the main theme of the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy.

Overall it wasn't bad just mediocre for the most part.  I'd give it a 6/10.  If you're in the mood for a Sci Fi flick and you don't have anything better to do it's worth checking out, just don't expect anything mind-blowing.
Don't mow your lawn
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

What was your first clue?  Mine was when they said it starred Tom Cruise.

Moon was such a brilliant film!  Sam Rockwell is soo underrated!  He is a great actor and I have loved his roles.
InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

If you're fortunate to live in a city where it's playing, I recommend Lords of Salem. I know most people here probably hate Rob Zombie's flicks, but this one is completely different. It's basically the lovechild of Rosemary's Baby, Suspiria, and a horrible, horrible acid trip. Dialogue is still meh, but the visuals are absolutely stunning. I can't remember the last time I was so impacted by a film's ending that I just sat there for 10 minutes after.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

InFlamesOfBirchmen said
If you're fortunate to live in a city where it's playing, I recommend Lords of Salem. I know most people here probably hate Rob Zombie's flicks, but this one is completely different. It's basically the lovechild of Rosemary's Baby, Suspiria, and a horrible, horrible acid trip. Dialogue is still meh, but the visuals are absolutely stunning. I can't remember the last time I was so impacted by a film's ending that I just sat there for 10 minutes after.

If it was playing near me I'd probably check it out.

I've seen House of 1000 Corpses and both of his Halloween movies.  House of 1000 Corpses was pretty meh, the first Halloween was alright, the second one was awful.  I haven't seen The Devil's Rejects though I've heard good things.
Don't mow your lawn
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Is there a reading thread?

Anyway, it would suck to live in America.

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/pri ... under.html

Another shooting incident at a marijuana concert - of all places. I laugh at the idiots who are pro-guns. Fucking tools!
InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

UndKeineEier said

InFlamesOfBirchmen said

If it was playing near me I'd probably check it out.

I've seen House of 1000 Corpses and both of his Halloween movies.  House of 1000 Corpses was pretty meh, the first Halloween was alright, the second one was awful.  I haven't seen The Devil's Rejects though I've heard good things.

Even if you hated those movies, I feel like The Lords of Salem is a complete departure from his other stuff. Definitely give The Devil's Rejects a shot, too. It's one of those movies that makes you want to take a shower after.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

the greatest website of all time. a thousand free streaming documentaries. every single one.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

It doesn't start until next week but you can sure as hell bet I'll be watching this show from episode 1.  I fully expect this show to have a very long run.  Like 10-15 season-long run.

I like to poop naked.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

This Sunday, Discovery Channel starts their 7-part "North America" series.  Yeah, it's gonna fucking kick ass.
I like to poop naked.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

markuspoop said
This Sunday, Discovery Channel starts their 7-part "North America" series.  Yeah, it's gonna fucking kick ass.

been dying to see this. did you see the eagles?! sick.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Star Trek Into The Darkness was great. But don't see it in 3D.
Don't mow your lawn