The Movie Thread

Movies, TV and other video based media
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by ms2r »

The fact that Event Horizon had its gore level cut down is much more interesting.

Imo that is.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

ms2r wrote:The fact that Event Horizon had its gore level cut down is much more interesting.

Imo that is.
Fuck that movie rocks.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Yes, it does. I think it is very much underrated. And Paul WS Anderson did show he can make a good movie. To me Event Horizon is still the creepiest movie I ever saw.

Then again, I avoid most horror-gore movies. In fact 99%.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

John Gordon has found the perfect gift for both his pregnant wife Mia and their unborn child - Annabelle, a beautiful, rare vintage doll in a pure white wedding dress. But the family's delight with the doll doesn't last long. On one horrific night, their home is invaded by members of a satanic cult, who violently attack John and Mia. Spilled blood and terror are not all they leave behind. The cult members have conjured an entity so malevolent that nothing they did will compare to the sinister conduit to the damned that is now Annabelle.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ That looks like such a shit movie. I am not a horror fan in the first place, but if I was I would still avoid that like the plague.
Ki77aan :twisted:
PRS
Bronco's Fan

Post by PRS »

Do yourself a favour and go watch 'The Equalizer'. Easily one of Denzel's best films and he has many. This is up there.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Finally saw Dredd from 2012. Pretty cool action movie.
No wasting time with an unessecary plot, no useless melodramatic background characters. Just a good setting for the "judges" and blast away!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I want a Dredd based video game so bad.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

That would be cool indeed.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

If you know the lore from the 2000 AD comics, it would be simply amazing.

I almost dropped $4k 5 years ago on someone selling every 2000 AD comic from inception to now, back then.

That shit is amazing.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

2000 AD comics are great, and should be used more in the world of entertainment. I always enjoyed Sláine.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah, Dredd was good. I want to see more movies like that. Just take a cool character, drop them into an interesting scenario, and just the let the thing play out. No origin stories, no huge world in danger style plots, the story is mostly self-contained. Dredd did it, The Wolverine did it, Riddick did it, and I'm hoping that it's the start of a new trend because I really dug those movies.
Don't mow your lawn
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

WIth Riddick I hope you mean the original Pitch Black? Chronicles, was neat, but played out to grand. That bit on that prison planet was the best part.
The last movie I didn't see yet, but I read it was more of a Pitch Black remake then something new.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I was talking about the latest Riddick. While it has certain similarities to Pitch Black, I'd say they're outweighed by the differences.
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Just finished watching Seduced & Betrayed, Erika Kane strikes again!

For surely this movie was out of her league. It's one thing to have a long long running part in a soap like ALL MY CHILDREN, but another to try to make it on the big screen. Susan Lucci is not an actress. She's more of a soap fixture. Her character name of Erika proceeds her acting abilities. In this film for TV, she still gives that large toothy smile she's known for and disrobes a lot showing a small and bony figure. Not that enticing in my book. The guy, David Charvet, was so much younger than her, that at times it was hard to believe he looked at the seductress at all. Most unbelievable. A somewhat attractive man, who could have any one, goes around saying he did it for the job and the money. Bah, humbug! His lovely wife, Gabrielle Carteris, did not even think he was betraying her. In another world. Although I felt she played the most honest performance in the movie. She and the little boy who played the son. All other actors seemed incidental. so, I give this movie 2 stars for both Carteris and the little boy.

Title should be YOUNG MAN, WITH LITTLE SMARTS, MEETS OLDER LADY WITH OBVIOUS DESIGNS.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

anyone remember this HBO movie? it fell out my memory banks for over a decade then I was watching this WWII History Channel HD revamped marathon last Saturday it slid back in. you have some phenomenal acting as well, I also noticed Loki as a phone operator. he looks like a baby! entire movie is on the Tube...

Colin Firth, David Threlfall, Kenneth Branagh as Reinhard Heydrich and Stanley Tucci as Adolf Eichmann.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Only Lovers Left Alive

Post by nxrm »

A Halloween treat: Only Lovers Left Alive.

I'm a Jim Jarmusch fan, but was reluctant to watch this as I don't think the world needs any more vampire movies (or zombie either). Definitely enjoyed this one though.

In typical Jarmusch fashion, prepare for a casually paced experience. Definitely recommend checking it out.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Blades of Glory
It was funnier the first time that I watched it, but it's still alright.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

going with my dad to see "Interstellar" at the 70mm IMAX in Manhattan. can't wait. should be like every Nolan movie in IMAX, usually a concert atmosphere waiting online with fans and standing ovations. he's never been to an IMAX theater either, that shit is going to be tits.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Interstellar - Not every film need address the possibility of human extinction with the gung-ho silliness of Armageddon, but at least that was a space adventure. This is a science report.

BTFO
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

not tyson wrote:Interstellar - Not every film need address the possibility of human extinction with the gung-ho silliness of Armageddon, but at least that was a space adventure. This is a science report.

BTFO
there were astrophysicists who actually worked with Chris Nolan very closely on the visuals. I mean we have no fucking clue what an event horizon looks like and never will. I'm retarded but I'm pretty sure it's an impossibility. from the looks of the trailer it might be a tear jerker for the hypersensitives.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think we've hit peak-Nolan now where it's far cooler to give his movies bad reviews. I look forward to reading about peoples opinions on Interstellar.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

hellboy wrote:I think we've hit peak-Nolan now where it's far cooler to give his movies bad reviews. I look forward to reading about peoples opinions on Interstellar.
Nah, the top critics are all lauding it on rotten tomatoes, I just found his last two films terribly written and shot.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:I think we've hit peak-Nolan now where it's far cooler to give his movies bad reviews. I look forward to reading about peoples opinions on Interstellar.
Yep. Too many are waiting to take a piece out of him and the "conversation" surrounding him (both positive and negative, generally speaking) is pretty insufferable to me so I'll just enjoy the movies in my own bubble, thanks!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

One of the best looking Supermans imo.

Also, I want a pair of these: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ ... 57098c.jpg
From bearded clam cums bearded jam