Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
the chill
Duck Hater

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by the chill »

hellboy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:20 pm
It really depends on their release plans, and to some extent the artwork. The artwork for the last 3 albums has been very much CD package focused, with vinyl more or less an afterthought (very much less in regards to 10k Days). This time around, I wouldn't be surprised if vinyl is the focus and considered the "primary" package in regards to the artwork vision. This being the case, I'd expect release would be when vinyl is ready.

If the CD is the "primary" release, then I don't see Tool holding back the release date to allow for vinyl (though I'd expect that to at least be available for ordering).

That’s a great observation, Hellboy. Thanks for that reply and just now you got me thinking about how awesome the new albums vinyl could and most likely will be. Artwork being larger than a CD and hopefully some pages inside, plus sleeves, and the potential art on the disc. I have all but Ænima on vinyl and only Lateralus has anything special about it. I have seen pics of how cool the limited pressing of Ænima is, but can’t afford to buy it. Hopefully they release a badass 10,000 Days vinyl soon and maybe before the new album, if they were smart or honestly not lazy about it. Very excited for new music though of course and live music from them again.
Last edited by the chill on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

For fucks sake, who cares if anything's vinyl at this point. Release new music
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

10,000 Days, 13 years later, in record form..
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

trilobite wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:29 am For fucks sake, who cares if anything's vinyl at this point. Release new music
I'm all for them releasing digitally first, but I don't expect Tool or their record company are keen on that.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Really digging that positive energy from Tool_User. More of that please. (Not sarcasm).

I’m really excited as well and not too bummed if I miss out on the first round of shows. Excited for them to dial in the new songs live. I remember seeing them in 2001 with KC and then at the last show of of the lateralus tour (with a couple other shows mixed in), and the way they evolved the presentation of the song lateralus from the early show to the late show was incredible. Totally different experience as an audience member. So great.

Anyways. Super pumped for new songs. I still get goosebumps every now and again listening to Tool. I am also really excited about any odd/old/one-off recordings that might get released once they get out from their Volcano deal.
“Casual Fan”
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

Unless they release it digitally I'll be acquiring it from the interwebs. I own exactly zero physical media devices (other than USB on my PC). This will be the first time I won't even bother buying the CD just to look at. Times have changed, unless something's collectible or holds/increases it's value I don't bother.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sprout wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm Unless they release it digitally I'll be acquiring it from the interwebs. I own exactly zero physical media devices (other than USB on my PC). This will be the first time I won't even bother buying the CD just to look at. Times have changed, unless something's collectible or holds/increases it's value I don't bother.
I don't reckon you'll have any problems - I'll be pretty surprised if you can't purchase the new album in some kind of digital format
Fartypants_McGee
Bronco's Fan

Post by Fartypants_McGee »

hellboy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:55 pm
Sprout wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm Unless they release it digitally I'll be acquiring it from the interwebs. I own exactly zero physical media devices (other than USB on my PC). This will be the first time I won't even bother buying the CD just to look at. Times have changed, unless something's collectible or holds/increases it's value I don't bother.
I don't reckon you'll have any problems - I'll be pretty surprised if you can't purchase the new album in some kind of digital format
My wife drives a 2018 car, and I just bought a 2016 car...and realized that neither has a CD player. Nor do we have one in the home any longer. We have 4 laptops in the house, and none of them has a CD drive. I think we are fairly representative of the modern consumer.

There's no way this thing isn't released digitally on Day 1. We all know Tool loves to make the packaging part of the experience, so I wouldn't be surprised if they bundle the CD with a digital download code. That way you've got a physical copy of the music (you hipster!), you get to experience the work they put into the packaging experience, and you get the practicality of a digital download, which is probably what 80% of consumers not only want but need in 2019.

I think a LOT of shit is going to happen between now and release day that's going to drag Tool into 2019.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

APPLE MUSIC EXCLUSIVE

Or at the very least all their catalogue available on Apple Streaming including the new album
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:29 pm APPLE MUSIC EXCLUSIVE

Or at the very least all their catalogue available on Apple Streaming including the new album
Maybe an exclusive stream somewhere in the days before release, most likely available on all the major streaming services on Day 1. An exclusive stream is no big deal though, as Aussie's we're well prepared to hit the high seas.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Unexpected Tool: they should tour the new album without actually releasing it until after the tour is over.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Norm - Porcupine Tree did that for Fear of a Blank Planet. It was amazing. I’d love Tool to do it, but we know it will never happen.
Ki77aan :twisted:
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Kittaan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:52 pm Hey Junior. I’m assuming you’ll be working the Tool gigs, but I know you work with other bands. Just curious if there’s a band/situation you would choose over Tool, if that choice needed to be made?
Life is full of difficult choices.
I prefer not to think about it until such a time would come.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Specter wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:35 pm That’d be Filter. It’d be a short bus, though.
I worked for them in 1995-1996, from the start of their first tour.
Several members of that touring crew had either already worked for Tool or were about to.
That tour directly led to me working for Tool, in that some of the Tool band members saw one of the shows I did with Filter and one thing led to another.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

junior wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 am
Kittaan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:52 pm Hey Junior. I’m assuming you’ll be working the Tool gigs, but I know you work with other bands. Just curious if there’s a band/situation you would choose over Tool, if that choice needed to be made?
Life is full of difficult choices.
I prefer not to think about it until such a time would come.
Wise approach. I didn’t really expect an answer. Hopefully Tool is compensating you generously because you do an amazing job for them. Looking forward to seeing your work again soon!
Ki77aan :twisted:
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:39 am @ Norm - Porcupine Tree did that for Fear of a Blank Planet. It was amazing. I’d love Tool to do it, but we know it will never happen.
Now you've got me thinking: I could actually do this on my own by refraining from listening to the new album before seeing them live.

Could be interesting. :)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

nxrm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:59 pm
Kittaan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:39 am @ Norm - Porcupine Tree did that for Fear of a Blank Planet. It was amazing. I’d love Tool to do it, but we know it will never happen.
Now you've got me thinking: I could actually do this on my own by refraining from listening to the new album before seeing them live.

There's a better chance of that happening than me lasting more than 30 seconds in the sack.. let me tell ya.. those are not good odds
Listen to All Them Witches
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:48 pm
nxrm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:59 pm

There's a better chance of that happening than me lasting more than 30 seconds in the sack.. let me tell ya.. those are not good odds
Yeah, who am I kidding. :D
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Nobody but yourself mate haha
Listen to All Them Witches
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

junior wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:33 am
Specter wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:35 pm That’d be Filter. It’d be a short bus, though.
Several members of that touring crew had either already worked for Tool or were about to.
That tour directly led to me working for Tool, in that some of the Tool band members saw one of the shows I did with Filter and one thing led to another.
Any new toys going to be unveiled at the upcoming festival shows? Its been too long since I have bathed in the glow of a Tool show...
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

MobileVortex wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:30 am My wife already wants to road trip the midwest and go to STL, KC, DM, and Chicago. The Hype is real.

This must be another "newsletter in the making" posts.
Any interest in a 3-some? :lol:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:47 pm
junior wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:33 am
Any new toys going to be unveiled at the upcoming festival shows? Its been too long since I have bathed in the glow of a Tool show...
They got this new one modeled after a dragon, it's pretty big, and they got a plug with a foxtail if you're into that sort of thing.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

A bunch of overthinking Redditors think the album will be released on May 10, due to Adam posting some stuff about Joan Crawford on his Instagram, and that date being the day of her death.

Wishful thinking I reckon.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Especially since we already know it's coming out next Friday.
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Joan Crawford.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris