Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

The mention of the holy gift proves bullshit.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I read it first thing this morning and after reading it again just now I've concluded that it is indeed bullshit. I dont believe they remembered all those lyrics from one listen or that tools staff are getting together to reconstruct the lyrics at all. And the whole my bf said I can tell you as long as he remains anonymous sounds like exactly the kind of made up fantasy bollox you get on reddit.
levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

I'm hoping this new album and all the promotion and touring that comes with it doesn't push back the next Puscifer release.
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

levba wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:45 pm I'm hoping this new album and all the promotion and touring that comes with it doesn't push back the next Puscifer release.
$10 for the first journalist who asks Maynard about this on camera.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

levba wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:45 pm I'm hoping this new album and all the promotion and touring that comes with it doesn't push back the next Puscifer release.
:lol:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

now we have jokes
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

thekillingjoke wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:11 pm
$10 for the first journalist who asks Maynard about this on camera.
thekillingjoke, that killed me! 😂
I’ll raise you $10
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

ziggy23 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm

Ah...so good!
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Those vids capture the laser on the floor thing I mentioned really well. Pity they didn’t get the little jam before Vicarious started.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

The thing they do before Vicarious is wicked. They did it back in '17 when I saw them and I was wide eyed at how cool it was. Hopefully it finds its way onto the new album.

Edit: Actually, they added something to it. Super cool.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

gamebounty wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:46 pm The thing they do before Vicarious is wicked. They did it back in '17 when I saw them and I was wide eyed at how cool it was. Hopefully it finds its way onto the new album.

Edit: Actually, they added something to it. Super cool.
I can only assume it is part of a new song. I’ve just got back from the Berlin, Prague and Vienna shows and from the vibe I was getting I think the music between CCTrip and Vicarious will possibly even better descending and invincible; it has a lot of potential. I attended four of the 2017 shows and can confirm it is completely unrelated to the vicarious intro. Super cool for sure!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

nxrm wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:46 pm
inequitude wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:54 pm Also - I know it's been said but the intermission is such a weird thing - they all just head off and the lights come on. For 10 minutes.
Hey Junior, any inside information you can share on why the intermission happens the way it does?

Instead of keeping the lights lowered and some Tool-ish music playing while the guys take a break what's with the silence and turning the lights back on?
I don't have any intel. We were told that would be happening, and that's all I know.
As far as bringing up houselights, I recon that's so people can see in case they want to head to the bathroom, or lobby or wherever. The countdown timer helps you decide if you've got enough time to do one of those things.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

junior wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:39 am I don't have any intel. We were told that would be happening, and that's all I know.
As far as bringing up houselights, I recon that's so people can see in case they want to head to the bathroom, or lobby or wherever. The countdown timer helps you decide if you've got enough time to do one of those things.
All very logical and orderly. Thank you Junior, truly appreciated!
Primate
Maynard Believer

Post by Primate »

junior wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:39 am The countdown timer
Wait, those 12 minutes of silence were not one of the new songs?!
The house lights did not come up in Berlin, and I thoroughly enjoyed those dark minutes, contemplating the new songs. The darkness created the feel of an intermission instead of a break for me.

Junior, if you get the chance to high five Heitham from me, please do so. Fiend sounded terrible in Berlin, which is a shame, cause they´ve got some tasty shit going, I can´t stop listening to their record. Whatever the sound issue was, I hope it got solved after Mercedes-Benz.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Don't kill the messenger, but here it goes... I can't reveal my source and won't say anything else aside from this initial post. This truly is their best, most conceptual and comprehensive album ever. It builds on the spiritual underpinnings of Lateralus, reaches the beautiful peaks of 10k Days, and hits as heavy as anything off of Opiate/Undertow/or Aenima.

**The new album is called Chod.**

​

In typical tool fashion, these four little letters carry a ton of weight (and humor). As we know, a Chode is another name for a dick. It's also one letter off from Chad, which is sort of a sarcastic commentary on the modern "Chad," or douche bro. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, *"Chod is an ancient Tibetan practice known as "Cutting Through the Ego." Based on the Perfection of Wisdom sutras, which expound the "emptiness concept of Buddhist philosophy. Emptiness is the ultimate wisdom of understanding that all things lack inherent existence. Chöd combines philosophy with specific meditation methods and tantric ritual. The chod practitioner seeks to tap the power of fear through activities such as rituals set in graveyards, and visualisation of offering their bodies in a tantric feast in order to put their understanding of emptiness to the ultimate test."*

​

As far as packaging, it's hard to describe. Best I could explain is that it unfolds into a three dimensional "temple" of sorts. It's illuminated internally, so it has a small battery. The "temple" pop-up thingy itself is sort of gothic, but entirely psychedelic, and almost cybernetic in a way. It's hard to describe. It's like they created this "entity." Its almost more like a portal when viewed in the dark. I have NO idea how they pulled this off, but I suspect the current tour is geared to recouping some of the costs.

​

There will be multiple tiered versions of this release, with the most ambitious described above.

​

**ALBUM COVER:**

https://i.redd.it/a66t8fcuy4331.jpg

**TRACKLIST:**

The Coward

Passage (For Regardie)

Invincible

I.S.G.

**Chöd**

Descending

Abyss

The Give In / The Dive
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Awesome. Somebody had to do it. I just hope there are multiple versions/variations on a theme coming between now and 8/30. Exciting times.
Ki77aan :twisted:
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I'd like some grainy photos.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

BOOM
chode
Maynard Believer

Post by chode »

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thought I’d share my thoughts on the new album...I think that at it will be 1 single ‘song’ broken up into various (6-7) movements...

The listener could chose to listen to the ‘song’ in its entirety, or any specific ‘movement’ that they like.

Would be a curveball, progressive, prog, and groundbreaking...its giving me ‘movement’ just thinking about it.

Thanks Hellboy for your hard work.

Chode
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

For a potentially first fake, this person did their homework. But I'm gonna put money on it being fake solely based on my theory that the band wants to at least see a few more fakes do the round for shits and giggles before anything else is revealed.

If it's a fake, serious props. Looks way more legit than all the Matchbox 20-looking albums covers after the 10k Days tracklist was officially revealed.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

rshforgothispw wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm Image

I doubt this image would pass the TooL test for an album cover. It's not symmetrical. One side is lopsided at the bottom. The blue ears are not evenly spaced, etc. It's a nice image but I don't think it'll cut the mustard.

Only thing I could see TooL implementing is the stylized "Tool" at the bottom.
Professor of Lesbian Science
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Interesting point, because it has always thrown me that the 10k Days graphic is not symmetrical.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

10,000 Days graphic comes from a much larger unfinished painting.
Professor of Lesbian Science
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

rshforgothispw wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm
**ALBUM COVER:**

https://i.redd.it/a66t8fcuy4331.jpg

**TRACKLIST:**

The Coward

Passage (For Regardie)

Invincible

I.S.G.

**Chöd**

Descending

Abyss

The Give In / The Dive

I wish that were true, because those are *ok* sounding track titles.

But...fake.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris