Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Raffa D »

I tried to like Jeff Buckley's Grace. It just won't do it for me. I like Damien Rice ten times better.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

I didn't care for Radiohead either but after buying In Rainbows on a whim and listening /watching the live basement recording I absolutely love that album. Top 20 of all time in my book.

I haven't listened to ETE yet.... just wasn't drawing me in for some reason. Maybe I should give it a go?
Professor of Lesbian Science
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I absolutely HATED Mars Volta and Rush the first few times I tried to listen to those bands. Just hated it with every fiber of my being. Somewhere through the years, they both became two of my favorite bands, Mars Volta especially.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

joeypants wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:32 pm I absolutely HATED Mars Volta and Rush the first few times I tried to listen to those bands. Just hated it with every fiber of my being. Somewhere through the years, they both became two of my favorite bands, Mars Volta especially.
Same
Professor of Lesbian Science
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Same with me for Rush. Couldn't stand them. Now I listen to Vapor Trails on repeat all the time.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Please move these off topic posts to the APC thread. This is a TOOL thread after all and there is a new album coming show some respect

and please stop trolling this thread is for serious Tool related discussion for serious like minded Tool fans who want to embrace their own divinity and still be a human
The most intelligent person on this forum
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Blow me.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

PulsedHalo wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:36 pmBlow me.
Clearly you are not swinging on the spiral what kind of Tool fan are you?
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

I swing on Maynard's Dick.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

PulsedHalo wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:39 pm I swing on Maynard's Dick.
Does he know this? Should Hellboy toss this on the front page as news and updates?

PulsedHalo confirmed swinging on Maynard's Dick DVD to follow album release

Maybe Loudwire runs with it
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

It would be the best news so far in the month of July.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Anyhoo let's get back on topic. Aren't Maynard's lyrics on Descending so deep? They speak so profoundly to the human condition and the course humanity is on. I cry every time I listen to them. He is SO amazing.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

M0G wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:34 pm Please move these off topic posts to the APC thread. This is a TOOL thread after all and there is a new album coming show some respect

and please stop trolling this thread is for serious Tool related discussion for serious like minded Tool fans who want to embrace their own divinity and still be a human
:lol: Bravo.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

basejumper wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:32 pm I didn't care for Radiohead either but after buying In Rainbows on a whim and listening /watching the live basement recording I absolutely love that album. Top 20 of all time in my book.

I haven't listened to ETE yet.... just wasn't drawing me in for some reason. Maybe I should give it a go?
Honestly, you're not missing much on ETE. I gave it another listen a couple weeks ago, and I couldn't even get through the whole thing. It's not going to age well.

Nice! In Rainbows is my favorite album from my favorite band.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Raffa D wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:14 pm I tried to like Jeff Buckley's Grace. It just won't do it for me. I like Damien Rice ten times better.
Shut yo mouf! Buckley was a genius.

Perfect example though.

Nicely done Mog. Now STFU.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

^Agree on Buckley.

Bands that I just can't get into no matter how many times I try - Deftones come to mind. I've also tried to get into some of the heavier stuff over the years, and it's just not for me. I think the heaviest bands I listen to are Tool and Metallica. I love all things prog, but I can't get into Dream Theater either.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I think the album details will be out by the end of this week. Cutting it too close otherwise.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

conversation. I don't know how i kept my cool but i did. We started to talk about tool and i thanked him for the music he puts out for us all. I asked what was happening with the new album and he whipped out his phone and said "i could show you some things if you want"
MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD
I obviously said yes please! And he showed me a picture of what i would assume is the back of the CD case which was plain black. I will share the tracklist and name which he told me in a bit (scroll down if you wanna see that). I asked if i could hear anything from it and he said yes! I told him i had some earbuds and he showed me a edited down song. The song was about 6 minutes long and it was a bit faster than Descending and Invincible. It started with a groovy bass line for a couple seconds before a highly distorted guitar faded in. The riff was very technical and sounded somewhat like the intro riff to Undertow. The drums came in along with the vocals (which were on point). It stayed at this mid tempo pace for a while before everything stopped. A guitar with delay and reverb faded in along with a acoustic guitar (think No Quarter). Maynard started to sing beautifully over it in falsetto (i believe is the term). Everything came back in but this time it was very heavy. Maynard started to yell not scream but yell with blast beats in the background. A minute or two later and the song slowed down into the outro which was bass heavy yet it was somber. Before i knew it the song was over. If I had to compare it to something else tool has done it would be the soft parts of 10k days mixed with the heavy parts of Undertow. Adam told me the name of the song and he said that it will be the single. I will not share the single release date as he told me specifically not to do so. He also shared some other details about songs, potential sets and stuff like that. I will not share any of that because it could ruin the experience.
MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD
The new album is titled "The Sun's Core"
He showed me some album art which i will not share but it is NOT the chod artwork. He also showed me the CD copy on his phone (BTW im not sure if it will be on streaming services or vinyl I didn't get to ask). I'm not sure how to explain the whole thing but here it goes: the deluxe version comes in a wooded box with some picks, a drum stick and a wrist band along with some smaller things such as pictures of them playing live. The CD packaging was not plastic it was very nice looking. Once you opened it it had two CDs. One which was the album and I'm not sure what the other was. There was a pamphlet inside that was written by Adam himself simply saying thank you to us plus a mini overview of the band. The back of the case was just black with a white tracklist. Here it is
• Descending
• The Bottomless Ocean
• The Sun's Core
• To Remain
• Absence (the edited song i heard)
• Invincible
• When The Tower Collapses
• With The Arrow Drawn
• Observe
Sorry for poor English i hope this is readable. If you want to know more feel free to ask (anything other than album art and anything a said i didn't want to share).
Edit: alot of people are saying the song titles sound fake. I believe they are real but tool has trolled us with names. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that these are not the names of the songs.
Edit 2: also Adam said the single will be out "more than likely on the 19th" so next friday
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

@rshforgothispw - Is that a copy paste or did you write that yourself?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

From reddit I just bring the nonsense
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Whoever wrote it remembered an awful lot of info from looking at a phone screen once. Must have photographic memory
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's from reddit, from a user that has a history of trolling. Take with a huge dose of salt.

Also I'm not buying into the idea that something kept as secretive as the new Tool release is going to be shared to the world by Adam to some random Tool fan in a comic book store. The idea is laughable to be honest.

Also the idea that he can share details about the tracklist of the album the artwork, etc but the single release date is a big secret? Yeah, right...
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:08 pm From reddit I just bring the nonsense
Cool. I hoped so. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Bill Hilly wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:03 pm ^Agree on Buckley.

Bands that I just can't get into no matter how many times I try - Deftones come to mind. I've also tried to get into some of the heavier stuff over the years, and it's just not for me. I think the heaviest bands I listen to are Tool and Metallica. I love all things prog, but I can't get into Dream Theater either.
Yep I mentioned on different thread last week that Deftones & QOTSA are two bands I could never really get into. I dig the shit out of a few of their songs but meh, never been able to get close to getting through an album. Respect them but they don't do much for me. Same as your Bill, that I never was able to get much into the heavier stuff as I got older. Still love Pantera etc, but newer bands such as Gojira etc just do much for me. Once again respect them but Im just not that angry anymore or something.
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:20 pm
Bill Hilly wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:03 pm ^Agree on Buckley.

Yep I mentioned on different thread last week that Deftones & QOTSA are two bands I could never really get into. I dig the shit out of a few of their songs but meh, never been able to get close to getting through an album. Respect them but they don't do much for me. Same as your Bill, that I never was able to get much into the heavier stuff as I got older. Still love Pantera etc, but newer bands such as Gojira etc just do much for me. Once again respect them but Im just not that angry anymore or something.
Or something. Gojira certainly doesn't appeal to my anger. I find it reflective more than anything. It elicits thoughts as does most great music I think.