Maynard James Keenan

The Main Event
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Maynard James Keenan

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Just trying to awaken Tool fans he's never created a genre, he lived within one.
Ok, hands up who thought Maynard created his own genre?
Ki77aan :twisted:
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Talking of why the band haven't toured in six years he said that they didn't want to move to the stage until they had new material in order to avoid becoming, musically stagnant.

"As an artist you don't want to become a greatest hits version of yourself, either," he said. "You want to push the boundaries. You want to figure out how can you challenge yourself to discover something new, discover something different about yourself. What are your limitations? What avenues can you push and expand? That is life. I don't have any interest in coasting yet."

He doesn't want Tool to become "musically stagnant""?!?!?! They've been touring the SAME freakin' album for the past seven and a half years!!!!!! And playing more or less the same setlist!!

Talk about a "greatest hits version" of one's own self.

Oh Maynard...you kidder!! See you next November....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Calfium Jay wrote:Talking of why the band haven't toured in six years he said that they didn't want to move to the stage until they had new material in order to avoid becoming, musically stagnant.

"As an artist you don't want to become a greatest hits version of yourself, either," he said. "You want to push the boundaries. You want to figure out how can you challenge yourself to discover something new, discover something different about yourself. What are your limitations? What avenues can you push and expand? That is life. I don't have any interest in coasting yet."

He doesn't want Tool to become "musically stagnant""?!?!?! They've been touring the SAME freakin' album for the past seven and a half years!!!!!! And playing more or less the same setlist!!

Talk about a "greatest hits version" of one's own self.

Oh Maynard...you kidder!! See you next November....
Um, what? That's not how that interview went. Either you read it on another site or you edited somehow. This is from the recent mini interview on Rolling Stone, his response is correct but that wasn't the question.

"Haven't toured in 6 years". What? The question was about a lack of new album.
Hey! Denty!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Kittaan wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Just trying to awaken Tool fans he's never created a genre, he lived within one.
Ok, hands up who thought Maynard created his own genre?
^^*Required for the 'Jerk-Off' Genre.

(tm) MJK
also, Avatar!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ten things you may not know about Maynard James Keenan:

10. As a child he learnt the accordion

9. He was born in a row boat just off the coast of Newfoundland

8. He dislikes butternut squash, bathing in salt water and has an aversion to waiting room décor.

7. His favourite bands are Strawberry Alarm Clock, Buffalo Springfield and The Kids Of Widney High

6. He counts Aretha Franklin, Ralph Nader and fitness guru Richard Simmons as close personal friends. Donnie Wahlberg was best man at his wedding.

5. In 1998 he purchased what he believed were the skeletal bones of John Merrick (aka The Elephant Man) from the manager of a travelling carny for an alleged sum of $1.7 mil. - only to later find out it was in fact the remains of a Leatherback Sea Turtle that had caught in a net and drowned.

4. He has a pet chimp named Bobbles.

3. He has three felony convictions: one for breaking and entering, one for unlawful assault and another for barking like a dog during a flight from L.A to Singapore.

2. He once shared an elevator with Axl Rose.

1. He is listed in the Guinness Book Of World Records as holding the record for most photographs taken without ever smiling.

What a weird and wacky life this guy leads.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

That's more than 10
Professor of Lesbian Science
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Hell, this is inter-changeable.
Calfium Jay wrote:Ten things you may not know about Kanye West:

10. As a child he learnt the accordion

9. He was born in a row boat just off the coast of Newfoundland

8. He dislikes butternut squash, bathing in salt water and has an aversion to waiting room décor.

7. His favourite bands are Strawberry Alarm Clock, Buffalo Springfield and The Kids Of Widney High

6. He counts Aretha Franklin, Ralph Nader and fitness guru Richard Simmons as close personal friends. Donnie Wahlberg was best man at his wedding.

5. In 1998 he purchased what he believed were the skeletal bones of John Merrick (aka The Elephant Man) from the manager of a travelling carny for an alleged sum of $1.7 mil. - only to later find out it was in fact the remains of a Leatherback Sea Turtle that had caught in a net and drowned.

4. He has a pet chimp named Bobbles.

3. He has three felony convictions: one for breaking and entering, one for unlawful assault and another for barking like a dog during a flight from L.A to Singapore.

2. He once shared an elevator with Axl Rose.

1. He is listed in the Guinness Book Of World Records as holding the record for most photographs taken without ever smiling.

What a weird and wacky life this guy leads.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Tool is fun for him now. But his passion is wine. The music is a break from that.. Hence why puscifer is so fucking weird lol. He does tool when it's time. At least that's what I get from interviews. But to quote the man himself. "All you know about him is what he's told ya... Dumb fuck" lol
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Tool is fun for him now. But his passion is wine. The music is a break from that.. Hence why puscifer is so fucking weird lol. He does tool when it's time. At least that's what I get from interviews. But to quote the man himself. "All you know about him is what he's told ya*... Dumb fuck" lol
*Sold you
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Wow autocorrect miss corrects a word and it also makes people douche bags. Cool feature. What's funny is 2 months ago YOU were freaking out on a different thread about the new tool album. Everyone there thought you were a fag too lol. Why do people have to be fags on the internet?...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

HELLBOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Wow autocorrect miss corrects a word and it also makes people douche bags. Cool feature. What's funny is 2 months ago YOU were freaking out on a different thread about the new tool album. Everyone there thought you were a fag too lol. Why do people have to be fags on the internet?...
Can you please just stick to the topic at hand rather than fighting with Tyson. I'd rather not have to ban one or both of you...
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Both?

That hardly seems fair.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:Both?

That hardly seems fair.
You're right - I should just ban you...
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

That's my point.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

haha sorry HB, you can put your banhammer away, ill behave now haha
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

haha
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Not Tyson wrote:That's my point.
hahaha (coffee out the nose)
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:Wow autocorrect miss corrects a word and it also makes people douche bags. Cool feature. What's funny is 2 months ago YOU were freaking out on a different thread about the new tool album. Everyone there thought you were a fag too lol. Why do people have to be fags on the internet?...
Can you please just stick to the topic at hand rather than fighting with Tyson. I'd rather not have to ban one or both of you...
Wait, what?!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Might want to whip out the wallet again, lovemuffin - Bellend is getting antsy.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Wait, what?!
So you feel that Tyson has done absolutely nothing to provoke him? I don't share that opinion.

Anyway, I doubt I will be banning anyone.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I honestly don't feel I did anything to provoke him, I mean he's been calling me a douchebag and a fag, I haven't insulted him once.

Logic rules.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Truth over rules logic :P lol.. Whatever just drop it lol
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

lol
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not really worth over analysing - it's nothing more a message to both of you that there is no benefit in conversing with each other if you can't do so on a civilised manner. It applies to both of you, because quite frankly it's hard to have an argument by yourself.