The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: contains Children)

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote:It's much harder to argue that Meshuggah aren't djent, but as they are one of M0G's favorite bands I look forward to him attempting to...

Prediction: I think M0G will ignore it and post about how amazing liz is and he's got a lot of respect for her.
Well obviously I would approve of that as a legitimate fall back position.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

fall back

on your back baby
because I've got a position for you...

lalalalala
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

He's probably busy modifying the wiki pages to suit his view points
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

children wrote:Oh, so you ARE retarded?!

Fuck, i was totally speaking hypothetically. I didn't know that you are actually mentally disabled.

Apologies, little buddy...
Hey, calm your tits there. This is a thread to bash Tool, not namecall other posters.

Fuxking fartnozzle.

Oh, and Tool are lazier than a rug on Valium. Now that's lazy.
I like to poop naked.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote:Hmm. Mog you may wish to peruse the wiki link for djent which claims Meshuggah as the originators of the djent technique.

I contend that neither band would suffer by
liz wrote:Hmm. Mog you may wish to peruse the wiki link for djent which claims Meshuggah as the originators of the djent technique.

I contend that neither band would suffer by comparison.
Frederik coined the term to describe the technique, nothing more. It was never intended to create a genre and Meshuggah make absolutely no claims on being a Djent band. Subsequent copycat cunts decided to use the term and emulate a Meshuggah type sound and then sadly this disgusting subgenre spread up that Meshuggah want no part of.

Animals as Leaders got tossed into that horseshit label because they play 8 strings and use polymeters. They have been influenced to a degree by Meshuggah, but so has your beloved Tool, who have stated on numerous occasions that Meshuggah was an influence on 10,000 Days. Should we now call Tool Djent? Stephen from Deftones uses an 8 string. Should we label Deftones as Djent? Or are we going to take it a step further and say that any band that use polymeters and syncopation are Djent? If that is the case we should re-label Jazz. Absurdity all around.
The most intelligent person on this forum
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Is 'djent' someones first name or....?
sounds svedish or somezing
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Yeah Meshuggahs lead-singer's last name is 'Djent'
also, Avatar!
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

It's his first name. Djents Kidman. Get it left.
He's Nicole's 8th string auntie.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote:

I contend that neither band would suffer by

I contend that neither band would suffer by comparison.
Frederik coined the term to describe the technique, nothing more. It was never intended to create a genre and Meshuggah make absolutely no claims on being a Djent band. Subsequent copycat cunts decided to use the term and emulate a Meshuggah type sound and then sadly this disgusting subgenre spread up that Meshuggah want no part of.

Animals as Leaders got tossed into that horseshit label because they play 8 strings and use polymeters. They have been influenced to a degree by Meshuggah, but so has your beloved Tool, who have stated on numerous occasions that Meshuggah was an influence on 10,000 Days. Should we now call Tool Djent? Stephen from Deftones uses an 8 string. Should we label Deftones as Djent? Or are we going to take it a step further and say that any band that use polymeters and syncopation are Djent? If that is the case we should re-label Jazz. Absurdity all around.
I asked him. I said Marten how would you describe your fascinating rich deep crushing guitar tone and he replied it just goes like "Dj-ent Dj-ent Dj-ent.''
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:
To be accurate, you want them to have no part of the subgenre. I doubt Meshuggah and AAL care.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:
You're correct, it is absurd to think that djent is just polymeters and syncopation. I thought you understood genres?
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

What does Messhugah and Animals As Leaders (who?) being or not being "djent" (what?) have to do with Tool not finishing a new album after 4 plus years in the studio??

This is the Tool Grudge thread.

Please flame to heart's content.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:What does Messhugah and Animals As Leaders (who?) being or not being "djent" (what?) have to do with Tool not finishing a new album after 4 plus years in the studio??
Not sure that the Loft counts as "in the studio" but I take your point.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Speaking of laziness, where is Maynard's autobiography he said would be out by his 50th?
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

He's working on the animation for the next album.

It will be an anima(ted) book.

That fucker likes spinning things around. Especially forklifts.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Calfium Jay wrote:What does Messhugah and Animals As Leaders (who?) being or not being "djent" (what?) have to do with Tool not finishing a new album after 4 plus years in the studio??

This is the Tool Grudge thread.

Please flame to heart's content.
I'm heartily sick of talking about them tbh. Discussing other bands in the Grudge thread highlights my apathy. Just like their album I will get around to releasing new discussion material regarding TooL eventually, maybe.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

The Grudge (WARNING: contains Children)

Post by xZ1mM3r »

liz wrote: I'm heartily sick of talking about them tbh. Discussing other bands in the Grudge thread highlights my apathy. Just like their album I will get around to releasing new discussion material regarding TooL eventually, maybe.
Then leave the grudge.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
liz wrote: I'm heartily sick of talking about them tbh. Discussing other bands in the Grudge thread highlights my apathy. Just like their album I will get around to releasing new discussion material regarding TooL eventually, maybe.
Then leave the grudge.
I shall express my Grudge as I see fit fanboi.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

TOOL HARD AT WORK* ON 5TH LP NOW THAT RECENT TOUR HAS COME TO AN END

*For "Hard At Work", please refer to what really happened:

Monday - 11am, band arrive at loft, discuss writing schedule for upcoming week and begin rehearsing. After around 90 minutes of shambolic, directionless postulating from the trio, tempers flare up and nerves are on edge. Things come to a head when Justin sticks a Post It note on Adam's back which reads "I Am Curious Orange" and Adam responds by throwing a half eaten sausage at the smirking bassist. Danny packs it in, slams door to Loft and drives home in his Lamborghini to watch reruns of Curb Your Enthusiasm for around 4 hours straight.

Tuesday - 2 hours of rehearsing and 4 hours of Titanfall on Loft Playstation console.

Wednesday - day off.

Thursday - Band convene after brunch at Le Croissant. Adam shows off new effects pedal and Justin berates him for his "cowardly lack of ambition". Danny breaks tension with an amusing anecdote about Rush Limbaugh. Band spends next three hours rehearsing new tune, tentatively titled "Murder In the Bahamas".

Friday - Two hours rehearsing, four hours listening to motivational tapes by Jewish Pakistani new age guru, Rag Nousembaum. At around 4pm, Justin bakes a flourless chocolate cake which they all enjoy. Danny remarks that loft "could use a table tennis table", to which they all agree.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

If I were rich and in a band, that's more or less what would happen during our writing sessions.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

There would be a lot more killzone on my xbone, but yea that's pretty much it
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

liz wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
Then leave the grudge.
I shall express my Grudge as I see fit fanboi.

Oooooo callin me a fanboy now, or is it fanboi cause you're so cool. I'll bite my tongue. Btw... Cool bat picture. I'll stay ok thread topic now. Fuck tool. They take too long.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Yep!

Communication our strength

Tuck Fool
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

xZ1mM3r wrote:

Oooooo callin me a fanboy now, or is it fanboi cause you're so cool. I'll bite my tongue. Btw... Cool bat picture. I'll stay ok thread topic now. Fuck tool. They take too long.
You are a fan buoy.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Anyone who took the time to create an account on 4E is probably a fan of tool more than the average person