Tomahawk - Oddfellows video & Tour dates

Music in all its forms and styles
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Looks like there's a new video from Tomahawk for the title track off their new album Oddfellows.  There's also an updated list of tour dates, and apparently proper US and Europe tours to come:

2/12 – Seattle, Wash. @ The Showbox
2/13 – Portland, Ore. @ Wonder Ballroom
2/15 – San Francisco, Calif. @ Great American Music Hall
2/16 – San Francisco, Calif. @ Great American Music Hall
2/17 – Santa Ana, Calif. @ The Observatory
2/19 – Los Angeles, Calif. @ The Mayan Theater
2/23 – Brisbane, Australia @ RNA Showgrounds
2/24 – Sydney, Australia @ Olympic Park
2/26 – Sydney, Australia @ The Metro
2/27 – Melbourne, Australia @ Billboard
3/01 – Melbourne, Australia @ Flemington Racecourse
3/02 – Adelaide, Australia @ Bonython Park
3/04 – Perth, Australia @ Claremont Showground
3/30 – Sao Paulo, Brazil @ Lollapalooza Brazil
4/02 – Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Malvinas Argentinas Stadium (w/A Perfect Circle)
4/04 – Santiago, Chile @ Teatro La Cupula del Parque O’Higgins
4/06 – Santiago, Chile @ Lollapalooza Chile

Anyone checking them out in the coming months?

SHbassGTR
Maynard Believer

Post by SHbassGTR »

That's a wicked video! They used a lot of the same footage from those 6 shows at the end of last year that was also in the Stone Letter video. You can tell which ones are from Dallas because Duane is wearing the sailor hat, and it even shows the guy in the unicorn/goat costume on stage with them towards the end.

Can't wait to see the new shirt, hoodie, and poster. If anyone going to a show wants to help me out and pick something up for me that would be awesome! I can send money in advance. The last show I was at they had signed posters for only $25.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

Kittaan or anyone else have an extra ticket for GAMH shows: 2/15 or 2/16?

-Thanks

(prvt messages function doesn't seem to be turned on. At least I couldn't figure it out)
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

SHbassGTR said If anyone going to a show wants to help me out and pick something up for me that would be awesome! I can send money in advance. The last show I was at they had signed posters for only $25.

We made it to the Saturday show 2/16. I hope someone will post the set list. Saw them at Slim's a long time ago. Enjoyed this one more. They played two songs before Oddfellows (not sure what the other song was besides Flashback).

Signed posters were $50. Unsigned were $40 (including Dallas...which is a really nice poster). I'm afraid I couldn't afford one. Sorry, SHbassGTR. They sold the vinyl for $20. Amoeba sells it for $14. Shirts were $25, black with Tomahawk written on upper right side. Second shirt: I can't recall, also black. Buttons were $5.

Encore included 'I Can Almost See' (first time). But I don't know the other ones (sang one in a hockey mask. Did a couple stage dives). I don't think they played "Baby Let's Play ______", but Capt Midnight, I.O.U, South Paw, Birdsong, Rape this Day were all excellent.

Trevor Dunn sounded good on backing vocals. He told us his 75 yr old mom was in the audience. Sorta looked at the front of the crowd as if to say 'take it easy on her'. I saw couple in the balcony (stage right) that looked more family than fans but I couldn't tell who they were.

At one point Mike scolded this guy in the front who had a Ipad....something like "how much did you pay for that. Put it away. Watch the show" Towards the end of the set he he would say ~'last one'/'goodnight'/"thanks", audience would filter out...and Tomahawk kept returning to the stage for another song...lol...When the house lights are not turned on, it's a good signal to stick around

EDIT: Encore did not include I Can Almost See. It did include track 6 Rise Up Dirty Waters.

You tube: Pay to Cum/How low can a punk get 
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

Ipecac News: Set those DVRs or Stay Up Late Tonight!
Tomahawk is playing 2 tunes on Last Call With Carson Daly tonight on NBC 1:35am/12:35central. ODDFELLOWS infiltration continues!
 And US east coast/midwest tour dates finally announced. Get those tickets before it is too late. These shows are selling fast!

puscifer tweet:PUSCIFER ‏@puscifer
Just took a flight w all members of @aperfectcircle, @Puscifer, Anthrax, Tomahawk, etc. If ever fate was being tempted its now. #BuddyHolly #BigBopper #JohnDenve… 
sinvin Don't worry, Mike Patton is God so you'll be saved.

LA gig review: http://swellcityguide.com/2013/02/tomah ... s-angeles/