Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

Well, we got Intolerance, Sober, Swamp Song, and Flood during the 10,000 Days tours. Maybe we will get Bottom, Undertow, Crawl Away, and 4° on the next album's tours.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Still wish they'd pull out the good ol' Prison sex otrm version.. too bad.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Bill Hilly wrote:Well, we got Intolerance, Sober, Swamp Song, and Flood during the 10,000 Days tours. Maybe we will get Bottom, Undertow, Crawl Away, and 4° on the next album's tours.
been waiting for 4 Degrees for over a decade....seen them 4 times. no good. :(
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

My favorite song off that record. Never heard it either after 20+ shows.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Ettan wrote:Still wish they'd pull out the good ol' Prison sex otrm version.. too bad.
I left Prison Sex out for a reason. I don't think they will ever play that tune again.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Bill Hilly wrote:My favorite song off that record. Never heard it either after 20+ shows.
that's number one on my list, second is the Disposition, Reflection, Triad trifecta. I'm surprised they haven't thrown that out there being the MJK vocal decline issue having become so prevalent. he can basically sit back for 25 minutes and jiggle with his cowboy hat on and the fans would still get something massively enjoyable.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I was really really hoping for a D/R/T comeback during the 2012 - 2014 tours. It's their best composition to date. I think that they will eventually bring it back during one of their tours that doesn't support the forthcoming album.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Bill Hilly wrote:
Ettan wrote:Still wish they'd pull out the good ol' Prison sex otrm version.. too bad.
I left Prison Sex out for a reason. I don't think they will ever play that tune again.
Prison Sex and Wings/10K Days are the songs May Jay said are retired in the all Tool issue of Revolver a few years back.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:
Bill Hilly wrote:
Prison Sex and Wings/10K Days are the songs May Jay said are retired in the all Tool issue of Revolver a few years back.
100% correct. glad I saw Wings/10k Days when I did. Raven (off topic) how excited are you for Ultron next week? I'm pumped!!!!
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:100% correct. glad I saw Wings/10k Days when I did. Raven (off topic) how excited are you for Ultron next week? I'm pumped!!!!
Very much! But I am waiting until the 4th to watch it, I like watching movies in nearly empty theaters now.
Hey! Denty!
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

My wish list: jimmy, eulogy (haven't seen either) prison sex (but raven clarified that for us), the grudge, D/R/T, parabol/a (seen these 3 but would be nice to see again) lastly you lied (never seen)
What would be amaze balls is multiple dates with albums in their entirety! Doing a opiate/salival date as well, scalpers prepare!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

aenimal wrote:
Good pic. I wonder what P@M is?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The lead guitarist and design guy for a band posts a photo saying the "cover art is progressing" and we consider it's not for a new album. Silly. P@m has to be in reference to the new album and that's part of the cover art. Anything else is just over thinking the obvious
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:The lead guitarist and design guy for a band posts a photo saying the "cover art is progressing" and we consider it's not for a new album. Silly. P@m has to be in reference to the new album and that's part of the cover art. Anything else is just over thinking the obvious
Are you referring to anyone here in particular? So far no one has commented that it's something other than the new album...
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I really do wonder if the "curve ball" is in actual fact the new album??

<thinks>

Naaaaaah....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

xZ1mM3r wrote:The lead guitarist and design guy for a band posts a photo saying the "cover art is progressing" and we consider it's not for a new album. Silly. P@m has to be in reference to the new album and that's part of the cover art. Anything else is just over thinking the obvious
A couple of years ago Adam did the exact same thing he did with this ("cover art") and it turned out to be for another band. You can't blame anyone for having doubts.

Having said that, My guess is that it's for the curveball/Salival 2/whatevs release that's coming out before the album.
Hey! Denty!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

limeygringo wrote:Yeah, I hear ya. Makes you think though
.. you know there's gonna be some guests in a mild fashion on the new album. Wonder who and what'll they'll add.
I like the monologue. I'm just not a Rollins fan. His voice sounds out of place to me. I don't think it's bad, or I wouldn't have listened to it a million times. Maynard is better. The prospect of a guest on this album makes me think, female vocals would be beautiful. Or a really awesome guitar solo from morello. I saw him jam out on lateralus in 2007 and that shit was ridiculous.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

blacksabbath wrote:I like the monologue. I'm just not a Rollins fan. His voice sounds out of place to me. I don't think it's bad, or I wouldn't have listened to it a million times. Maynard is better. The prospect of a guest on this album makes me think, female vocals would be beautiful. Or a really awesome guitar solo from morello. I saw him jam out on lateralus in 2007 and that shit was ridiculous.
I like Maynard's take better as well.

Yeah, I've seen the video of that. Wish I could've been there! Maynard's telephone joke was classic. It would be really interesting to hear another Morello collab. Female vox too.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Busty McCracken Jr

Post by Busty McCracken Jr »

Bill Hilly wrote:Well, we got Intolerance, Sober, Swamp Song, and Flood during the 10,000 Days tours. Maybe we will get Bottom, Undertow, Crawl Away, and 4° on the next album's tours.
Only if the bastards tour the album for 10 years like they have for 10K days.

Lucky enough to have seen 4 Degrees on The Lateralus tour. Was tits! :D
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Of course they will! But I don't really consider anything after the 2009 tour support for 10,000 Days, even though the stage setup was similar. I don't see Tool slowing down after this album comes out.

As far as that instagram photo, I don't think Adam has ever been translucent with Tool LP artwork prior to its release. If anything Tool related, it's part of a video or the curveball/Salival 2 project. I could be wrong though. I don't think we will be getting Alex G. this time around. Maybe Adam is going to do the artwork this time.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Posted in the Fourtheye comments:
Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson has the same image posted on his Facebook wall. Problem solved.
So obviously that's what the P@M is referring to then.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Also posted by Pat.

Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

New King Crimson?

Awesome.

<later>

Oh wait....nope. Not new Crimson.

Oh well.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

what's with the "curve ball" obsession? was it mentioned on an update more than once or twice? I'm amazed that out of all the bullshit Blair's posted over the past decade HB keeps bringing that up over and over again. I think he knows something.... or doesn't. he's a disinformation junkie for Tool. I knew it all along. we have a cop in our crew....