The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

haha, with my large imagination I assume it was a Whitty picture with the words 'fuck right off' or something to that effect??
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

why bitch about tool?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

badkittygothgirl said
dammit...and it was a good one!  LOL.  

Feexed (as best as I could)
Ki77aan :twisted:
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Tool piss me off cos they have insinuated on many occasions they arent that far off being done when its now become clear they are nowhere near ready. So in that respect I think they have made themselves to look like cunts!
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Think about it - how absurd is it that a band takes 7 years to write 1 album?

I'm guessing that when it does get completed it will have 7-8 full songs. When you do the Math it will take them 365 days to write a 5-6 minute song (on average). Fucking ridiculous!

They're probably half way with the instrumental arrangements and with no full lyrics to go with them because they can't get their shit together.

Maynard would have probably finished the lyrics by now if they took it more seriously.

This whole facade of Adam and Co. writing 4 days a week/perfectionists is BS - at that rate they would have 3 full albums by now. They're not working on blueprints to get to the fucking moon - it's just music ffs! Most likely they add one note or drum part and call it a day. Lazy cunts!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Kittaan said

badkittygothgirl said
dammit...and it was a good one!  LOL.  

Feexed (as best as I could)

Hahaha...Thank you sir!  
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Maynard will probably have called it a day on his music career by the time the rest of the slack bastards get their shit together!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

I think this thread has run it's course.  What more could we have to say at this point?  So much good music around to listen to, and even though most of this is all tongue in cheek, it does seem divisive to this community as a whole.

It Tool a lazy band?  Yeah they are.  Will that make the album get done any faster?  Of course not.  21 years with this band, when they deliver they do get it right usually.  It does seem like they are really working at it now, and that is good news.  Might be time to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

My three cents, cuz two is for you broke mother fuckers :p
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

mogeffingmog said
I think this thread has run it's course.  What more could we have to say at this point?  So much good music around to listen to, and even though most of this is all tongue in cheek, it does seem divisive to this community as a whole.

It Tool a lazy band?  Yeah they are.  Will that make the album get done any faster?  Of course not.  21 years with this band, when they deliver they do get it right usually.  It does seem like they are really working at it now, and that is good news.  Might be time to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

You'll be back here bitching soon as the next interview comes out..
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ LOL.  + 1.  And me too.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

ToolUser said

mogeffingmog said

You'll be back here bitching soon as the next interview comes out..

lol na man.  It's gotten a little over the top.  Time to let it wind down a bit.  I am sure I will mess around with some of the more ardent Maynard worshipers now and again, but all in all, this IS a Tool forum, and at least things are starting to happen.  I mean they are writing the album.  Glass half empty gets bleak after awhile.  Let's try Glass half full and see how it goes.

Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I was being glass half full lol

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

ToolUser said

Here's a recent interview with Maynard from 2003.  Food for thought.

Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Kittaan said

ToolUser said

Here's a recent interview with Maynard from 2003.  Food for thought.

Sorry didnt really get it?
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

What didn't you "get" exactly?
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

$150 * 5000 = $750,000

Subtract whatever costs the reissue took to reproduce (printing cds, printing stickers, printing new art/packaging, paying artist, etc.) and that's a nice little profit for 6 21-year-old songs, some scribbles, and some new art.

Talk about good business.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^  Business, Poop?  It was just a "Thank You" to the fans.

And Thank YOU Tool!!  8`)

Thank you AND your mothers.  And the horses that rode in on you (collectively).
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Right.  Duh.  I forgot this was a "gift" for us fans..........

Now that I think about it, this is how I'm going to operate from here on out.  Whenever I give gifts to people for birthday's, holiday's, etc., the gift will include them giving me money.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

$150.00

***Looks at Hellboy and Kittaan....tries not to chuckle***
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

mogeffingmog said
$150.00

***Looks at Hellboy and Kittaan....tries not to chuckle***

I know right. Price seems offensive, considering it is a "thank you" to the fans. Seems more like "Send more money. Fuck you buddy."

Edit:

I cant believe people would buy one, let alone all five versions. Not so much the price, but that's $150 for essentially what pooper said. Some new artwork, scribbles, and a 21 year old CD that contains 6 tracks.

I'll go ahead and be optimistic in saying there might be a hidden track inside of a hidden track on the CD. But that's just me being comical.

I just don't know about this band anymore. I'll listen to their music, sure, it makes me hard.

But this "gift" just put me over any respect I had for them as individuals. I won't spend a dime on this band until new music is out.

SteveBobSteve
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ LOL.  I am stick with this glass half full thing.  Trying to be good.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

"Annnd you will comeeee to find, you areeee gettinggg rammmmed from behindddddd"

teehee lol

okay okay that's its.

*puts back on smiley face*

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

mogeffingmog said
"Annnd you will comeeee to find, you areeee gettinggg rammmmed from behindddddd"

Spiral out, keep spending.

SteveBobSteve