Tool Spring 2017 Tour (includes spoilers!)

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: Tool Summer 2017 Tour

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Radiohead's WASTE is free as well.

I agree that Tool is just being lazy here with no TA pre sale, tied to a credit card for entry. It would be a minimal effort and create a lot of good will. Fuck the fucking scalpers.

But in reality the ticket sellers have become the scalpers anyway.
For sure, it'd be nice to see Tool stand up for their fans for a change though, rather than seeing them as a cash cow to be milked.

Not that I'm against the band making money per se, and think that the VIP offering is a good one, but at a time when goodwill towards Tool fans is in very short supply, a decent presale would go a long way...

Even if there were a $10 surcharge to regular tickets to pay someone in the Tool camp to manage the presales I don't think many would complain (too much anyway, there's always some who complain).
Tool stand up for their fans? It is pretty obvious Tool despises their fans. If Tool cared about their fans they would finish up an album they have been saying is "coming soon" a very long time ago.

I get where many are coming from and as I said, I certainly understand why for some seeing Tool again is something to be happy about and I respect that. I hope the shows are fantastic for those that plan to attend. Again for me it all boils down to the same thing...until Tool has new material to tour behind they won't get any money from me. I have seen them plenty of times I don't need to see them again playing the same songs I have already seen/heard.

There is no logical reason why they would take off an entire month to tour when that could be spent finishing up an album the band continually says is coming.

If they ever do actually have new material to tour behind I will happily pay to see them again.

I suppose I am happy for Junior though. He has provided us some interesting insights into the live shows over the years and whenever they tour he gets paid so that is certainly a good thing.

Tool doesn't owe me a new album. I don't owe Tool anything either. They ever get around to getting new material out, then I will pull out my wallet.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote: Tool stand up for their fans? It is pretty obvious Tool despises their fans. If Tool cared about their fans they would finish up an album they have been saying is "coming soon" a very long time ago.
I don't agree with this statement. Tool certainly don't show the same affinity for fans other bands do, but despise is too strong a word. If anything some members of Tool have been too open in regards to their opinions on fans, opinions which I imagine are also shared by most other big acts.

Also, in my opinion tour are for the fans, while albums are for the band. Make no mistake - the album is being written to satisfy their own creative urges - not to show fans "they care".
THE1TRUEMOG wrote: There is no logical reason why they would take off an entire month to tour when that could be spent finishing up an album the band continually says is coming.
Making money is a logical reason. They're a band. Bands play live. They were offered sets at a couple of big name festivals. The logic checks out.
DTWAirport
Bronco's Fan

Post by DTWAirport »

Going to hide in a conference room now and pray I get through the BOTS !!! First chance to drive to a show (Chicago/Detroit) instead of flying out West!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Well that was a pain, but I managed to get a single for both Rochester and Pittsburgh. Pairs were very hard to come by this time around. I hope everyone had some success.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

lachrymologist wrote:Well that was a pain, but I managed to get a single for both Rochester and Pittsburgh. Pairs were very hard to come by this time around. I hope everyone had some success.
Congrats on getting tickets!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Managed to get some decent Detroit tix as a backup. The real test is in 40 minutes...
DTWAirport
Bronco's Fan

Post by DTWAirport »

10 minutes. I fucking feel like Charlie from Willy Wonka
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Man that was something else. Ended up getting 2 Sec 111 row A. I had 3 computers and my phone going. I accidentally had one of the computers going for the Canada show, didn't realize till i almost bought them. Of course everything was saying no tix avalible. Then i look down at my phone unlock it and there is 2 tix with 20 seconds left to buy them. This was about 10 min after they went on sale. See you guys out there :)
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Pulled up some nosebleeds at about 10 after using two browsers and a phone. Not excited about it but I'm in the door.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

My friend has an extra single. Sec 212 Row L Seat 32 if anyone needs one.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Chicago should get two shows! Greedy I know.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Officially looking for 2 decent Chicago tickets. :/

I've had ZERO fucking luck securing Tool tickets over the years. I either got absolutely shit seats or had to go through StubHub. Fuck this shit.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote:Chicago should get two shows! Greedy I know.
Allstate arena has nothing planned for that weekend... so it could be true.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

ZANG!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:Officially looking for 2 decent Chicago tickets. :/

I've had ZERO fucking luck securing Tool tickets over the years. I either got absolutely shit seats or had to go through StubHub. Fuck this shit.
Shit seats are better than no seats - did you get them?

Hopefully they announce a second Chicago show!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:Officially looking for 2 decent Chicago tickets. :/

Shit seats are better than no seats - did you get them?

Hopefully they announce a second Chicago show!
No- I never even managed that after even 15 minutes. I would've thrown them back anyways, was looking for specific sections. Am waiting for the rest of the shows to be announced before forking over money to some jackass on StubHub since there may be a second Chi-town date.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Apparently Vancouver on June 15 appeared on the Tool facebook page some time this morning, and has since been taken down
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Another suggestion of a date in Anaheim - this time from a known good source who heard it from Danny. Looks like more dates are coming.

20th March was touted as the announce date for the Gorge, being the 20th already in Australia I expect an announcement may come soon.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Interesting to see they might not be doing a localized tour. This seemed like it was strictly east cost, with some canadaian dates... But now there is talk of Anaheim. Sure seems out of place. But I don't know the logistics of a bands tour; maybe it's easier than I think?
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

Really hoping that they keep the Grudge and Parabol/a in the setlist and don't revert to their Jambi/stinkfist/schism/46&2/Intermission/Vicarious/Aenema/Lateralus combo. Especially after spending £500 on flights from the UK! Seeing them add in Third Eye, the Patient & Intolerance when I last came over in 2010 was amazing and well worth the trip.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

NEW TOOL SHOW DATES INFO
NEW TOOL SHOWS AND VIPS
Tickets for the following shows will be on-sale FRIDAY, MARCH 24th at 10:00 am local time, EXCEPT for ST. PAUL, which will be on-sale at 11:00 am local time.
PRE-SALES for VIP PACKAGES for these dates will be AVAILABLE to existing and new TOOLARMY MEMBERS on WEDNESDAY, MARCH 22 at 10:00 am PDT.
https://www.fullscreendirect.com/Tool/store/

DATES AND LINKS

- June 9: St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center (on-sale at 11am)
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0600526584020F23

- June 12: Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11005271B40B3836

- June 13: Edmonton, AB @ Rogers Place
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11005271E53081B1

- June 15: Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11005271B8E144CD

- June 17: George, WA @ The Gorge Amphitheatre
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F005270DEAA76DA

So much for a 2nd Chicago show :(
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Damn it, my travel plans might change. I'm strongly considering selling my singles for Pittsburgh and Rochester and flying to Vancouver rent a car and drive to the gorge. Then fly out of Seattle? Sounds like a good idea to me but I make bad decisions all the time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

^^^ seeing a show like Tool at the Gorge would definitely be quite the visual treat. I say go for it. Would be doing the same but told myself I wouldn't be flying out to see them again until a new album comes out. I'm sticking to that.

As for me, we just bit the bullet and got some cool (but pricey) seats on StubHub. Fuuck.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Would love to see Tool at the Gorge or Red Rocks - it's on my list!

Won't be this time around though...
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote:Would love to see Tool at the Gorge or Red Rocks - it's on my list!

Won't be this time around though...
Yeah me too. I caught them at the double header at Red Rocks a while back. 1st row and then 8th row! Fuck what a great 2 shows. I think I might have to do the Gorge this time around even though it's all the way across the damn country! Anyone want to carpool and camp out? Ladies, I'll bring the wieners! Haha
Professor of Lesbian Science