Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Postby GabesCaves » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:51 am

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:All this talk about dropping a secret album release is absolutely ridiculous. They are nowhere near finished they haven't even hit the damn studio and Maynard is busy with APC. Tool are currently wasting more time as we speak as they are likely practicing for the next leg in their never ending greatest hits tour.

They have you hook, line, and sinker. You keep falling for it. You keep lining their pockets while they do nothing. It is pathetic.

For the Northeast, that would be never existing tour.
GabesCaves
Maynard Believer

Advertisement

Postby munchieswolf » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:09 pm

greasy wrote:
munchieswolf wrote: Where's the leak going to come from? Danny?

Where did the 10k days leak come from, about a week before release date?

10,000 Days was not a surprise release, so not sure why you would bring this up.
munchieswolf
Maynard Believer

Postby nxrm » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:53 am

I went to The Baked Potato tonight and caught the first set of the Doug Webb Allstars. During the break I was fortunate to talk with Danny, and I asked him how high Tool fans must be to think the band would be releasing a new album prior to this upcoming tour. He laughed and said, "They can believe whatever they want, but it's not gonna happen." He added, and I'm condensing/paraphrasing here, that they hope to get into the studio to record in the Fall.

Danny is, as others have mentioned in the past, a genuinely down to earth and all around nice guy. He was quite sick tonight, but still showed up to play the show and was welcoming to everyone that approached him.
Friday, September 23, 2016
Friday, March 23, 2018
nxrm
Excrementor

Medals: 1
Artwork Donater (1)

Postby Calfium Jay » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:55 am

nxrm wrote:He added, and I'm condensing/paraphrasing here, that they hope to get into the studio to record in the Fall.

Of which year???
Another terrorist attack. Another left wing denial.
Calfium Jay
d29e3a9fc387786237d2008765dd1108

Height: 189cm

Postby hellboy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:42 am

nxrm wrote:He laughed and said, "They can believe whatever they want, but it's not gonna happen."

Tool fans are silly. There will still be some who will say he's just covering up the "real" story.
hellboy
Site Admin

Height: 182cm

Postby greasy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:56 am

He's just covering up the real story. The quadruple album is already done and has been released under another bands name, only available for purchase in person at the puscifer store in AZ.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)
greasy
My pain is just an excuse

Postby fortysixand2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:01 am

Never believe anything on reddit. One nutbag comes up with some off-the-wall theory and all the other nutbags run with it. Thanks for your investigative journalism, nxrm!
fortysixand2
Pencildick

Postby nxrm » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:14 am

fortysixand2 wrote:Never believe anything on reddit. One nutbag comes up with some off-the-wall theory and all the other nutbags run with it. Thanks for your investigative journalism, nxrm!

Glad to help! I only decided to go to the show at the last minute, solely intending to ask where they were in the recording process (to confirm/quash some of these rumors). I've seen the Doug Webb Allstars a few times, and it's always a fun show, but after seeing how sick Danny was last night I almost left without asking him anything. Thankfully an opportunity presented itself, I found myself shaking his hand, and then tried my best to not blather on like a star-struck idiot. I'm pretty sure I failed miserably with that last part though.
Friday, March 23, 2018
nxrm
Excrementor

Artwork Donater (1)

Postby UndKeineZwEier » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:12 am

So you walked away with a souvenier, eh?
Up until I registered on this forum, no one has understood the high-level intellect which I possess.
UndKeineZwEier
UA-47292950

Postby nxrm » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:42 am

UndKeineZwEier wrote:So you walked away with a souvenier, eh?

He offered his hand so I shook it, despite seeing him coughing into all night. Contagion: a small price to pay to get the inside information for my fellow Tool fans. :D
Friday, March 23, 2018
nxrm
Excrementor

Artwork Donater (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Tool