Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
greasy
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by greasy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote: You keep lining their pockets while they do nothing.
Actually I am in NJ, and we havent had a show closeby in 10 years. I havent even been given a chance to 'line their pockets' since a couple years after 10k days released.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I mean touring is not "doing nothing". It's just not doing what most of us prefer. When i go home and play Overwatch for 3 hours... That's doing nothing.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote: They have you hook, line, and sinker. You keep falling for it. You keep lining their pockets while they do nothing. It is pathetic.
No one is falling for anything, as I doubt anyone has any doubt as to where the money goes when they pay for tickets. The band touring is not the roadblock for the new album.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MobileVortex wrote:I mean touring is not "doing nothing". It's just not doing what most of us prefer. When i go home and play Overwatch for 3 hours... That's doing nothing.
You lazy fuck - I bet it's been over 10 years since you released an album too?
munchieswolf
Bronco's Fan

Post by munchieswolf »

People saying they'll do a "secret" surprise release to prevent leaks are weird. A surprise release implies digital first, physical later anyway. Where's the leak going to come from? Danny?
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

munchieswolf wrote:People saying they'll do a "secret" surprise release to prevent leaks are weird.

Yeah, but people also say that bears can't wear pants.

What do they know?

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
whjeffs
Maynard Believer

Post by whjeffs »

greasy wrote:
Actually I am in NJ, and we havent had a show closeby in 10 years. I havent even been given a chance to 'line their pockets' since a couple years after 10k days released.
I agree but where were you in 2012? I live in Maryland and saw Tool in NJ and Virginia on that winter tour. So it's actually only been 5 years. But still I have no problem paying for another greatest hits show from my favorite band since it's been 5 years since I saw the last one. The people that complain about Tool doing these so called cash grab tours would have a more valid argument if they did a full US tour every year with no new album.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

munchieswolf wrote: Where's the leak going to come from? Danny?
Where did the 10k days leak come from, about a week before release date? They could certainly 'surprise' release an album without a digital format available. Physical copies can be made available for online preorder, a week before it hits stores. It CAN be done, I am not saying this is what they WILL do.

MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

hellboy wrote:
MobileVortex wrote:I mean touring is not "doing nothing". It's just not doing what most of us prefer. When i go home and play Overwatch for 3 hours... That's doing nothing.
You lazy fuck - I bet it's been over 10 years since you released an album too?
Fuck, it will have been 30 years Sunday. I have been waiting for the music so i can do my part. It will be worth the wait tho, it's the biggest project we've ever done.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

whjeffs wrote:
greasy wrote:
I agree but where were you in 2012? I live in Maryland and saw Tool in NJ and Virginia on that winter tour. So it's actually only been 5 years. But still I have no problem paying for another greatest hits show from my favorite band since it's been 5 years since I saw the last one. The people that complain about Tool doing these so called cash grab tours would have a more valid argument if they did a full US tour every year with no new album.
My apologies, I did forget about that 2012 show. I was there, that was the only one since the 10k days tour.

GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Post by GabesCaves »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:All this talk about dropping a secret album release is absolutely ridiculous. They are nowhere near finished they haven't even hit the damn studio and Maynard is busy with APC. Tool are currently wasting more time as we speak as they are likely practicing for the next leg in their never ending greatest hits tour.

They have you hook, line, and sinker. You keep falling for it. You keep lining their pockets while they do nothing. It is pathetic.

For the Northeast, that would be never existing tour.
munchieswolf
Bronco's Fan

Post by munchieswolf »

greasy wrote:
munchieswolf wrote: Where's the leak going to come from? Danny?
Where did the 10k days leak come from, about a week before release date?
10,000 Days was not a surprise release, so not sure why you would bring this up.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

I went to The Baked Potato tonight and caught the first set of the Doug Webb Allstars. During the break I was fortunate to talk with Danny, and I asked him how high Tool fans must be to think the band would be releasing a new album prior to this upcoming tour. He laughed and said, "They can believe whatever they want, but it's not gonna happen." He added, and I'm condensing/paraphrasing here, that they hope to get into the studio to record in the Fall.

Danny is, as others have mentioned in the past, a genuinely down to earth and all around nice guy. He was quite sick tonight, but still showed up to play the show and was welcoming to everyone that approached him.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

nxrm wrote:He added, and I'm condensing/paraphrasing here, that they hope to get into the studio to record in the Fall.

Of which year???
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:He laughed and said, "They can believe whatever they want, but it's not gonna happen."
Tool fans are silly. There will still be some who will say he's just covering up the "real" story.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

He's just covering up the real story. The quadruple album is already done and has been released under another bands name, only available for purchase in person at the puscifer store in AZ.

fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Never believe anything on reddit. One nutbag comes up with some off-the-wall theory and all the other nutbags run with it. Thanks for your investigative journalism, nxrm!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

fortysixand2 wrote:Never believe anything on reddit. One nutbag comes up with some off-the-wall theory and all the other nutbags run with it. Thanks for your investigative journalism, nxrm!
Glad to help! I only decided to go to the show at the last minute, solely intending to ask where they were in the recording process (to confirm/quash some of these rumors). I've seen the Doug Webb Allstars a few times, and it's always a fun show, but after seeing how sick Danny was last night I almost left without asking him anything. Thankfully an opportunity presented itself, I found myself shaking his hand, and then tried my best to not blather on like a star-struck idiot. I'm pretty sure I failed miserably with that last part though.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

So you walked away with a souvenier, eh?
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:So you walked away with a souvenier, eh?
He offered his hand so I shook it, despite seeing him coughing into all night. Contagion: a small price to pay to get the inside information for my fellow Tool fans. :D
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Cool! So they just walk around the place before/after they play? Never been there, how many people usually show up when Danny's playing?
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Krazy_blah wrote:Cool! So they just walk around the place before/after they play? Never been there, how many people usually show up when Danny's playing?
They're usually focused on setting up prior to the show, but once set up (and before they actually play) they're just hanging out, talking to friends, fans, etc. In between sets is typically the best time to chat though, as the second set usually ends about 1:00 AM and they're looking to break down and get out at that point. Also, the crowd thins a bit after the first set so it's a much more relaxed setting.

Last night was the 4th time I've seen the Doug Webb Allstars, and as it was a Friday it was a packed house. My guess is about 100 people max can fit in that place.The first time I saw them I think it was a Sunday or Wednesday night, and there weren't too many people there: maybe 25. Just sitting in a small room with a few people watching the drummer from my favorite band having a great time playing some Jazz fusion with some great musicians. Definitely recommend it if you ever have the opportunity.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Krazy_blah wrote:Cool! So they just walk around the place before/after they play?
Yeah. There is no dressing room or backstage area, so there's nowhere else to be.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Thanks nxrm for the info. Glad Danny is cool enough to talk to the fans and share a little info. Damn it though, I wish Danny didn't say last fall on the Late Show with Seth Myers, "that the album will be out soon." 2018 ain't soon even by glacial time.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

No offense, but at this point it's kind of on you if you get your hopes up about a vague statement like that from a Tool member (other than Maynard (and possibly Justin)).
Don't mow your lawn