Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: Sports Thread

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm telling you man. Wiz in 6.

OKC always falls asleep for a game or two in a series. It's why I don't think they'll win a title under it's current regime. Brooks is a good coach but that's a terrible quality for a team to have.
Hey! Denty!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ravenpig wrote:I'm telling you man. Wiz in 6.

OKC always falls asleep for a game or two in a series. It's why I don't think they'll win a title under it's current regime. Brooks is a good coach but that's a terrible quality for a team to have.
Wiz in 6 seems about right. They won't win a game against the Heat though.

Clips in 6 over OKC. Doc at the helm makes all the difference and Paul neutralizes Westbrook. Durant is overrated and doesn't deserve the MVP. James should get it again. He literally carried the Heat through the regular season so Wade could get healthy for the playoffs.
The most intelligent person on this forum
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

the refs will make sure every one of these series go 7.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I hate Westbrook. He thinks he's a lot better than he is. Ball hog
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

M0G wrote:
ilikecheese wrote::roll:
Oh dont be bitter that Chicago is going to win their second cup in a row. Kane and Toews are phenomenal hockey players.
Oh trust me, I wasn't rolling my eyes about hockey
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:And FUCK the Clippers.
lmgo....

if the ref's in that "league" can be, and have been, so easily bought by Russian mafia,
then surely you don't think the NBA is going to let anyone besides the Clippers win the title this year, given what has transpired over the last few weeks?
A: The players are on a mission and have full support from the league office.
Just watch...either that or

2: they'll once again let the "face" of their "league" win it again (and what a f-ugly face it is....is he Oden's fucked up looking cousin or what!?)
Which ever they decide is best for themselves, of course.

Have fun watching a fixed sport!

la la la la....
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

ilikecheese wrote:
lmgo....

if the ref's in that "league" can be, and have been, so easily bought by Russian mafia,
then surely you don't think the NBA is going to let anyone besides the Clippers win the title this year, given what has transpired over the last few weeks?

2: they'll once again let the "face" of their "league" win it again (and what a f-ugly face it is....is he Oden's fucked up looking cousin or what!?)

la la la la....
Lol fixed? Ok. And I'm sorry lebron isn't attractive enough for you
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:
lmgo....

la la la la....
Lol fixed? Ok. And I'm sorry lebron isn't attractive enough for you
Dude I love Cheese but he thinks Bill fucking Laimbeer is the greatest basketball player of all time. That should pretty much tell you how valid his opinion on the NBA is right there. Now the dude does know his hockey. Although he is bitter that his Wings got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Watching Baseball and Hockney games is punishment enough for Cheese's transgressions. You should never kick a man when he's down...
Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:You should never kick a man when he's down...
Common sense is useless here; I've tried it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Aaaaaaaand Mark Jackson fired. No surprise there.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I hope he was fired for hiring untrustworthy assistants and not for the team's on court results. If Bogut is healthy they'd still be playing right now.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:I hope he was fired for hiring untrustworthy assistants and not for the team's on court results. If Bogut is healthy they'd still be playing right now.
I agree. Yeah, that's the question everybody is asking. Management is not answering it - just serving up the same old platitudes. Again, no surprises there.

I think MJ has improved year on year. He was relying heavily on Mike Malone at first, but this year seemed to be getting his coaching legs under him. Hope he finds another gig and thrives. But more importantly, I hope the Warriors get the right coach for us... kinda slim pickins right now.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan wrote:Aaaaaaaand Mark Jackson fired. No surprise there.
Disgusting.

Two seasons ago golden state was 20 games under .500.... Now they are 20 games over .500 and lost in the playoffs to a really good team, in 7 games, without one of their best players. And you blame mark jackson?? That's ridiculous if you ask me
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Ravenpig wrote:I hope he was fired for hiring untrustworthy assistants and not for the team's on court results. If Bogut is healthy they'd still be playing right now.
Meanwhile, the Wiz are still playing right now.
I like to poop naked.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

What do the Wiz have to do with the Warriors?
Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Both of the team names start with the letter 'W'. They both play on Coasts. Both play their home games in arenas.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

He's referring to my earlier ribbing. But I later admitted the Wiz had better chances.

@ Zim - to be clear, I didn't want MJ replaced.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Now this is great
The Little Monsters found themselves pitted against the Washington Wizards on Monday, and the results were as surreal as you would imagine........ when a possible conflict emerged between a National Basketball Association playoff game and a Gaga show at Verizon Center on May 15.

The NBA announced Saturday that if the Wizards and Indiana Pacers haven’t settled their best-of-seven second-round series before May 15, Game 6 would be played that night at Verizon Center.

“I swear y’all better not postpone or cancel the lady gaga concert for a basketball game or you will have riots,” tweeted one Little Monster, as Lady Gaga fans are known,
“I don’t care who you are do not reschedule the Lady Gaga concert it will ruin your reputation trust me,” another fan wrote on Twitter.
“I was like, ‘This is not happening. This is not happening to me again,’ ” said Hunter Nguyen, 18, from Silver Spring.
“I want Gaga to go on as scheduled, that’s all,” Nguyen said. “I’ve been waiting for this tour since forever.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wi ... story.html
I like to poop naked.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan wrote:He's referring to my earlier ribbing. But I later admitted the Wiz had better chances.

@ Zim - to be clear, I didn't want MJ replaced.
Ok good haha. I was thinking there's no way a (educated) warriors fan would approve of that. Misinterpreted.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

markuspoop wrote:Now this is great
The Little Monsters found themselves pitted against the Washington Wizards on Monday, and the results were as surreal as you would imagine........ when a possible conflict emerged between a National Basketball Association playoff game and a Gaga show at Verizon Center on May 15.

The NBA announced Saturday that if the Wizards and Indiana Pacers haven’t settled their best-of-seven second-round series before May 15, Game 6 would be played that night at Verizon Center.

“I swear y’all better not postpone or cancel the lady gaga concert for a basketball game or you will have riots,” tweeted one Little Monster, as Lady Gaga fans are known,
“I don’t care who you are do not reschedule the Lady Gaga concert it will ruin your reputation trust me,” another fan wrote on Twitter.
“I was like, ‘This is not happening. This is not happening to me again,’ ” said Hunter Nguyen, 18, from Silver Spring.
“I want Gaga to go on as scheduled, that’s all,” Nguyen said. “I’ve been waiting for this tour since forever.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wi ... story.html
How do these things happen? Aren't these arenas supposed to keep possible playoff dates open?

It happened a few years ago with the WWE and Denver Nuggets.
Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Hell if I know.

I did read they ended up rescheduling the concert for a few days earlier to avoid any conflict.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Aaaaaaaand Mark Jackson fired. No surprise there.
Disgusting.

Two seasons ago golden state was 20 games under .500.... Now they are 20 games over .500 and lost in the playoffs to a really good team, in 7 games, without one of their best players. And you blame mark jackson?? That's ridiculous if you ask me
Word is if the Pistons are smart

IF.....

Jackson should be looking for a nice place in the Detroit suburbs, probably Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills area