Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Americans have no problem with Lance, lie, cheat and steal your way to the top, the American way.

HOME OF THE BRAVE.
Another classic Tyson response. Motherfucker knows nothing about Cycling, or the history of cycling, so the only thing he can do is take a shot at America, because that is all he has. Merckx is Belgian. Indurian is Spanish. Ulrich, German...Pantani is Italian, Hinault french, etc etc etc. Cycling has always been about doping. Armstrong raised millions and millions for Cancer research while dominating a level playing field. Meaning just about every other motherfucker in the pelaton was on their own doping regimen. Christ you are a stupid motherfucker. Just fucking dumb.
i have to agree with this... EVERY cyclist was doping during that time, and if you hear otherwise its just a lie. Lance just took the bullet for everyone cause he was/is the face of cycling.. look who gets busted for PEDs in baseball... its the big names stars, not the joe schmo whos also doing it.

personally i like lance armstrong, i had an immediate family member die from cancer, and we all had those livestrong bracelets. say what you want but the man did a lot for cancer research, but not only that he inspired soooo many people with cancer, regardless of if he lied about doping. big fucking deal, at the end of the day, if you can inspire someone who is suffering from an illness, and help them gain mental strength, then i think you are doing the right thing.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Fuck off, the guy has no dignity or honour.

Lie, cheat and steal.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Not Tyson wrote:Fuck off, the guy has no dignity or honour.

Lie, cheat and steal.
And you think all Australian cyclists are clean? Christ you are a fucking idiot. Stick with Cricket you dumb motherfucker.
The most intelligent person on this forum
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Where did I say that?

A cheat is a cheat.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Well this is going nowhere
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

If you were playing poker and everyone was hiding an ace up their sleeve, well there wouldn't be any aces in the deck. Abd there'd be too many aces in play. Assuming there's more than four players.

What were we talking about again?
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Not Tyson wrote:Fuck off, the guy has no dignity or honour.

Lie, cheat and steal.
Honor doesn't have a "u"

And neither does color.

'Merica.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Queens English mother fucker.

metric vs the rest

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

touchy subject huh tyson?? Its called a joke, clearly you cant take one... American Joke mother fucker

Ill give you the metric system argument, i wish we used it here. As an engineer i nearly always use both systems (including the temp scales), its quite frustrating.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Touchy? What the fuck are you on about? My tongue is firmly in cheek.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Not Tyson wrote:Touchy? What the fuck are you on about? My tongue is firmly in cheek.
oh my bad, i didnt realize that was your tongue...
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Back on topic please. Leave the trolling and bickering for other threads.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

gerbil wrote:I know I'm overly optimistic but I expect to hear SOMETHING this year. Apart from some kiddos, the guys seem fairly settled into their respective roles. They're touring together which means rehearsing and possibly writing. And we know Maynard got a demo CD of the band's progress to work with.

That all points to something interesting ahead. I'd even take a remastered Undertow. I'd love a Salival II. We know there was stuff the band wanted to do with Lateralus and 10,000 Days that they didn't get time to stick on the album. And, hey, shove a few live recordings on there.
I was thinking about what i would like to see on a Salival II type release.

I would love it if they included the Suspicious Minds version of Stinkfist and Prison Sex (O.T.R.M.).

Maybe Problem 8, if it actually exists, and any other secret songs or unreleased tracks that have been mentioned in the past, or any of the other cover songs they have performed live or even recorded in the studio. I am not familiar with what they have attempted before other than the Ted Nugent cover, Stranglehold, which doesn't excite
me much, but is still kind of cool.

Any thoughts on the other songs that might be included? Is there any other live versions of songs that would be worth recording for this type of thing? Of course any song
they recorded live would be good, but i am talking about those gems like the slow version of Pushit or Merkaba.

And what were you talking about when you said there was stuff TOOL wanted to put on Lateralus and 10,000 Days that they didn't get time to do. Are you talking about B-
sides that didn't make the album or edits they made to the songs while recording. I have heard about a cut that was made to the song Lateralus prior to recording that
Danny regretted. I don't know the full story or hardly any of it at all, but i am curious to find out...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
gerbil
My pain is just an excuse

Post by gerbil »

children wrote:
gerbil wrote:I know I'm overly optimistic but I expect to hear SOMETHING this year. Apart from some kiddos, the guys seem fairly settled into their respective roles. They're touring together which means rehearsing and possibly writing. And we know Maynard got a demo CD of the band's progress to work with.

That all points to something interesting ahead. I'd even take a remastered Undertow. I'd love a Salival II. We know there was stuff the band wanted to do with Lateralus and 10,000 Days that they didn't get time to stick on the album. And, hey, shove a few live recordings on there.
I was thinking about what i would like to see on a Salival II type release.

I would love it if they included the Suspicious Minds version of Stinkfist and Prison Sex (O.T.R.M.).

Maybe Problem 8, if it actually exists, and any other secret songs or unreleased tracks that have been mentioned in the past, or any of the other cover songs they have performed live or even recorded in the studio. I am not familiar with what they have attempted before other than the Ted Nugent cover, Stranglehold, which doesn't excite
me much, but is still kind of cool.

Any thoughts on the other songs that might be included? Is there any other live versions of songs that would be worth recording for this type of thing? Of course any song
they recorded live would be good, but i am talking about those gems like the slow version of Pushit or Merkaba.

And what were you talking about when you said there was stuff TOOL wanted to put on Lateralus and 10,000 Days that they didn't get time to do. Are you talking about B-
sides that didn't make the album or edits they made to the songs while recording. I have heard about a cut that was made to the song Lateralus prior to recording that
Danny regretted. I don't know the full story or hardly any of it at all, but i am curious to find out...
Danny and Adam talked about a lot of segue and intro style material that got squeezed out of the albums due to time restraints.

I'm intrigued by the idea of a live tool release. Maynard seemed to be one of the big roadblocks to a DVD or album but it seems like he might have changed his mind recently.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

So were you saying that TOOL would go back and add that segue material into Lateralus and 10,000 Days once they got the chance to do re-releases for them?
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Interesting article I came across today regarding the media's coverage of Tool shows this tour:

http://www.hillcountrynews.com/entertai ... f887a.html
Unfortunately, on very short notice, Tool’s publicist forwarded a contract severely limiting photography at the show (far beyond what is customary for major concerts) and also requiring photographers to immediately surrender all rights to their photographs of the band. This contract was not in keeping with U.S. and International Copyright standards for photography, and is part of a growing and highly controversial move by a select few artists to restrict professional photographers — who are often freelancers — while allowing the audience to film video and transmit iPhone and iPad images across the internet without restriction.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Further, no review passes were provided... meaning we could not bring you a review of the show either. Again, review passes are customary, and recent artists playing Cedar Park Center, including Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and Backstreet Boys, were extremely accommodating and appreciative of the media coverage provided.
Let em eat cake
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:
Further, no review passes were provided... meaning we could not bring you a review of the show either. Again, review passes are customary, and recent artists playing Cedar Park Center, including Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and Backstreet Boys, were extremely accommodating and appreciative of the media coverage provided.
Let em eat cake
Yeah, I didn't like that part. Sounded like a bit of a whinge that they didn't get free tickets. I don't have a huge issue with Tool limiting photography at the shows - I think they prefer to have photographers that they know do the show, rather than just inviting a bunch of ones they don';t know in each town.

I thought the line about the audience being able to photograph and film without restriction was a strange one.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote: I thought the line about the audience being able to photograph and film without restriction was a strange one.
I think they are just saying that about the audience cause it's obvious the crowd takes photos, whether or not the band WANTS them too. But it's not like they are confiscating phones and iPads after shows. I think they were just using it as a point. And not implying that tool doesn't care, just that they can't/haven't done anything about the audience photos other than kindly asking us not to
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

gerbil wrote:I'm intrigued by the idea of a live tool release. Maynard seemed to be one of the big roadblocks to a DVD or album but it seems like he might have changed his mind recently.
Is he though? Dude's put out live dvd's with both APC and Puscifer.
I like to poop naked.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Adam said in one of the Q & A's that they are not happy with the footage they have for a live DVD.

Or something like that.
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Adam fucks up too much probably.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Ravenpig wrote:Adam said in one of the Q & A's that they are not happy with the footage they have for a live DVD.

Or something like that.
Could be one of those things where like if 1 member isn't happy with it then it won't be put out. Danny (and probably JC) couldn't care one way or another, MJ's already put out live stuff. Could be special effects guru AJ is the one gumming up the works with his high, snoody standards.
I like to poop naked.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

i bet its may may... possibly AJ, but i think its more so due to the fact that they like the "mystery" of tool... if maynard walked down the street the average person wouldnt know him because they arent plastering their faces on albums and magazines and such.

i bet they dont want to ruin that "tool mystique"

just my opinion
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

xZ1mM3r wrote:just my opinion
There is no room for OPNION here! We want THE TRUTH Godamnit! Or at least a hi-def recording thereof.
“Casual Fan”