New Forum Feedback

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Yeah me, I see no updated posts but if I scroll down I can see that this thread was updated 47 seconds ago
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

The search function doesn't seem to be working.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

When you get a chance Hellboy: The PM function just flat out doesn't work.  At all.  Any chance of getting even rudimentary, WORKING private messaging going?
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said
When you get a chance Hellboy: The PM function just flat out doesn't work.  At all.  Any chance of getting even rudimentary, WORKING private messaging going?

Ok, I didn't realise it wasn't working.  Will have a play with it over the weekend if time permits.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Still having problems after I click "reply" or "new post". It often just flat-out won't let me type anything.

I know you said to take a screenshot, but I really don't think that will help. It just goes to the post box where you'd normally type, but not have the cursor flashing, ready to type.

I have to shift-refresh the whole page a few times to get it to let me do anything.

Quite a massive pain in the ass, since it's been doing this since day one, and happens roughly a third of the time.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

crow011 said 
Quite a massive pain in the ass, since it's been doing this since day one, and happens roughly a third of the time.

I bet it is.  To be honest this hasn't happened to me for quite a while now.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

crow011 said 

I bet it is.  To be honest this hasn't happened to me for quite a while now.

LOL, you sound really eager to look into.

Don't worry, it's probably a browser add-on problem on my end or something.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Crow - I was seeing that same behavior, but Hellboy tweaked something and it's never happened since then.  It was months ago now.  Very consistently not working and then all of a sudden working fine.

@ Hellboy - thanks for looking into the PM thing.  

If it's working for anyone else, pipe up anyone, but the new PMs have NEVER worked from day 1 for me.  The old system seemed to work fine, but don't remember if it worked once you moved to the new forum - seem to remember you saying it didn't? 
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said 
If it's working for anyone else, pipe up anyone, but the new PMs have NEVER worked from day 1 for me.  The old system seemed to work fine, but don't remember if it worked once you moved to the new forum - seem to remember you saying it didn't? 

You'd think PM's would be an easy thing to get working on Wordpress. Let me assure you that it's quite the opposite.  Setting up this forum was less work that just getting PM's working, and the PM system still runs like shit.

I will continue looking onto options though, but I can't offer an ETA at this stage.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

New PM system on line - click on PRIVATE MESSAGES in the tool bar.  Working much better now, but takes a little getting used to.  There is also a directory that seems to work as well.

Thanks for the effort, Hellboy.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Any reason why the threads don't seem to be linear? As in, If i reply to a post, it disappears & will only shuffle to the top of all the threads as most recent post, If i click all threads as read??
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken said
Any reason why the threads don't seem to be linear? As in, If i reply to a post, it disappears & will only shuffle to the top of all the threads as most recent post, If i click all threads as read??

Not sure what you mean.
Busty McCracken

Only just got back from Sydney so may have fixed itself. Basically threads seem to disappear after I post in them & only reappear if I 'mark all threads as read", popping back to top of most recent threads..

Like i say, might of fixed itself, I'll keep an eye on it & see how it goes when there's a bit more traffic on here.. 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Busty - I know exactly what you're talking about, and it was discussed above in this thread.  

It's a quirk in the new forum.  The NEW button on the right does correctly show OTHER PEOPLE'S most recent posts.  However, if YOU post in a thread, that's not represented the same way.  Threw me off as well.  I noticed when I log out (so the forum isn't tracking MY posts) all the posts show chronologically again (most recent on top, including your own) as we were used to.

Again, it's working as far as the behavior being consistant, but it's a little annoying personally.

Hope that makes sense.
Busty McCracken

Nah that makes sense, cheers for clearing that up. Glad I wasn't the only one having the issue. 

EDIT: As mentioned last night, seems to have fixed itself for me now. All threads appearing chronologically even if I make a post. 
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Can we get an edited "disclaimer"?  Like "This post was edited on 1/1/2013 by blah blah".
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

phox_ said
Can we get an edited "disclaimer"?  Like "This post was edited on 1/1/2013 by blah blah".

I'd like that, but it's not part of the forum functionality, and I'm not about to hack one in at this stage.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

A splash of color would not hurt
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ilikecheese said

The editor allows you to add as much colour as you like.  I prefer the content to be colourful, not the framework it sits in.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

ilikecheese said

The editor allows you to add as much colour as you like.  I prefer the content to be colourful, not the framework it sits in.

I agree there is enough 'color' in the content of the site; no need to add to that, that is for sure.

If you wanted you could have both I reckon.

That is all.  

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I remember early on in the new forum, people were wondering about the titles.  Everyone starts out with "Hombre" and even after hundreds and hundreds of (mostly useless, let's admit it) posts... you were STILL an Hombre.

Well, Señor Crow is the very first to pop the hymen on 1,000 posts, and is now the proud owner of the only new forum title:

"Member"...  

yep, kinda anti-climactic isn't it?

Come on Hellboy... you can do better than that shit, cantcha?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan said
I remember early on in the new forum, people were wondering about the titles.  Everyone starts out with "Hombre" and even after hundreds and hundreds of (mostly useless, let's admit it) posts... you were STILL an Hombre.

Well, Señor Crow is the very first to pop the hymen on 1,000 posts, and is now the proud owner of the only new forum title:

"Member"...  

yep, kinda anti-climactic isn't it?

Come on Hellboy... you can do better than that shit, cantcha?

I like Member.  I think it's funny.  Get to 10,000 and then you're a dork.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Did I get a special title?  It doesn't really seem to fit with the others...
Don't mow your lawn
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

UndKeineEier said
Did I get a special title?  It doesn't really seem to fit with the others...

Ya, me too. What in the fuck is a curmudgeon?

oh....

Hey I'm not an ill-tempered old man! Fuck! hahaha

nvm I like it.

SteveBobSteve
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

WHO DO I COMPLAIN TO ABOUT MY NEW TITLE?
Hey! Denty!