Video game news

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Video game news

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That Fallout 4 trailer has a bit of a Rage vibe to it. I wonder if they took some inspiration. If the shooting mechanics are as good as Rage that would be pretty nice.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't get much of a Rage vibe from it personally, except for the fact they're both post-apocalyptic. I expect shooting will be a bit better, but it's not really a shooter as such, and I tend to play VATS pretty much all the time anyway.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The color scheme is very Rage. And there's a part where a bunch of Ghouls are charging the character that is very reminiscent of Rage.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

They're also reminiscent of the bits in Fallout where you're charged by ghouls too.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The world of fall out 4 in the trailer instantly reminded me of half life 2. Just how the colors and world looked.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Half Life 3 confirmed!
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:The color scheme is very Rage. And there's a part where a bunch of Ghouls are charging the character that is very reminiscent of Rage.
I agree the color scheme is very Rage-like. I've never played a fallout game so this announcement really means nothing to me. Happy for you guys tho, this is a great year for games.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Calfium Jay wrote:I believe there's not going to be any Super Mutant things this time round.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I can't wait to find out more about Project: Calf Outrigger at this year's E3!

http://tane.us/nintendo/
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I keep seeing people say that they want Bethesda to get rid of the weight/encumbrance feature in future games, but I really hope they don't. Scrolling through an unlimited inventory just sounds awful.

I do hope that they get rid of the currency limit that merchants in Skyrim and Fallout 3 had. It's annoying having to go to five fucking merchants every time you wanted to offload your loot, and god forbid you have an item worth more than what a merchant carries. There's a feature that's annoying and tedious.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The level cap is something they can get rid off too. It's a single player game. Who cares if it's a little unbalanced after 300 hours?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I keep seeing people say that they want Bethesda to get rid of the weight/encumbrance feature in future games, but I really hope they don't. Scrolling through an unlimited inventory just sounds awful.
I hope they improve the inventory. And I doubt they will drop encumbrance. Some kind of stash would be good though, and I expect with the trailer hinting at the player having a dog & house this would be a reality. The key is making the stash easily accessible.
UndKeineZwEier wrote:I do hope that they get rid of the currency limit that merchants in Skyrim and Fallout 3 had. It's annoying having to go to five fucking merchants every time you wanted to offload your loot, and god forbid you have an item worth more than what a merchant carries. There's a feature that's annoying and tedious.
You could always sell the item for less couldn't you? I agree though, for the most part this is a pain in the ass, but to be honest I don't find my inability to convert widgets into caps a great hindrance in progress in the game. I think for the most part the smaller traders should have a limit, but there should be some bigger traders who can handle pretty much anything.
UndKeineZwEier wrote:The level cap is something they can get rid off too. It's a single player game. Who cares if it's a little unbalanced after 300 hours?
Having not reached the cap in either Fallout game, this doesn't really bother me. I agree in principal though.

I'd like to see stronger survival elements and a meaningful day/night cycle.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I think it's ridiculous that you can basically go WITHOUT eating or drinking for an entire game AS LONG AS you either inject a stimpak or get some sleep.

Not eating or drinking for long periods should have an effect on the wanderer.

And I agree - some weather (rain, hail, lightning etc) would be nice.

Here's hoping it's easier to find companions this time round too.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Was it hard to find companions in the first place? I don't remember it being so.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:Was it hard to find companions in the first place? I don't remember it being so.
Yes and no. There weren't a lot of companions. I think there were maybe like 5 or 6 (that I ran across), but they were all located in the major hubs (Rivet City, Megaton, Underworld). I didn't really care all that much about dragging around a companion in Fallout 3, but in New Vegas they were pretty awesome.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The companions were really only any good for carrying stuff around I thought.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

So it seems likely that Dark Souls 3 will be announced at E3. I, for one, am looking forward to this series turning into the next Assassin's Creed.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Steam Summer Sale has started. I just snagged The Witcher Enhanced Edition and Fallout New Vegas for less than $10. I also bought Dark Messiah of Might and Magic yesterday for like $3.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bethesda's E3 presentation kicks off pretty soon. We know already that Fallout 4 should feature quite a bit more, but leaked not long ago is Dishonoured 2. Not much of a surprise really (like F4 for that matter) - this sequel was always going to happen. Will be nice to see where they go with it, Dishonoured 1 was excellent.

I wonder what else they will announce today. Something Doom related perhaps?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Doom's already been announced. It might make an appearance, but it's just as likely they'll hold off until Quakecon.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, I'm making wild stabs in the dark. I have no idea who Bethesda own these days.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

So anyway, turns out they're announcing something Doom related.... (amongst other things)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

And now they're back on topic - Fallout 4.

From what I'm seeing/reading:
  • Apparently character creation includes the option of being female, which pretty much renders the "leak" from the other week bullshit (as many anticipated).
  • Character creation in general looks good, faces seem quite a bit more real than they do in other Bethesda games. Hopefully the game won't look like a bunch of clones running around again.
  • There seems to be some kind of pre-war element to the game. I didn't see this bit but I'm presuming tutorial?
  • The main character will speak apparently, and conversations will be a little more Mass Effect style affairs.
  • There seems to be some focus on house building. In fact building seems to be a big deal in general
  • And there's some kind of iOS Fallout game too.
  • Modding weapons an armour seems important as well.
Release date is 10th November
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

• The artists have created concept art for every button and piece of tech in the game. And we saw a lot of art. Good work, Bethesda.
  • The game starts before the bombs fall, on a beautiful Saturday morning under the threat of nuclear war.
  • Players will create their character in front of a mirror by sculpting their character's face and features, similar to The Sims 4.
  • The main protagonist is voiced, and he (or she) narrates some of the things he sees.
  • A Vault-Tec rep comes to the door to sell us entry to a nearby vault.
  • The team recorded over 1,000 of the most popular names, so your name might be spoken in the game.
  • Eventually the bombs drop, sending the world into darkness. We don't get much of the story, but players will emerge 200 years after the bombs, emerging as the sole survivor of vault 111.
  • Player agency is still a main design goal for the game.
  • After wondering the world for a small bit, the player comes back to his home town and runs into his old robot.
  • The dialogue is dynamic, so players can walk away from conversation or even kill the other character in the middle of a conversation.
  • The dog from the trailer is your buddy, and you can give him commands in the game. We saw the player tell him to pick up a bottle, and the dog ran it over to him
  • The V.A.T.S. system is back, and it now gives you more time to slow down time and hit the action hard.
  • Howard said that Fallout 4 is the biggest, most immersive open world the team has ever worked on.
  • The Pip-Boy is back, and it works as your menu, but it also can be used to play cool old games.
  • A Fallout 4 collector's edition comes with a working Pip-Boy that you can put your phone into. Android and iOS devices will have a companion app that lets you access things in the game using a second screen.
  • While playing the game, you can rebuild new things inside the game. We watched a demo of someone building an entire house on the fly and then decorate that house in real time. As you build out a city, people will start to show up and move into your city. If you get power generators, you can set up automated defenses like turrets to protect your settlement. You'll need these defenses because your city can get raided. Once you have multiple settlements, you can set up trading caravans between the settlements.
  • The crafting system carries over to other elements in the game. If you collect enough items you can start crafting new weapons. The game has 50 base weapons and over 700 mods that can completely change your gun into something new. We saw simple pistols modified into crazy plasma rifles.
  • You can even modify your own power armor.
  • The game is also coming out this year: November 10. Get ready to say goodbye to your social life.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Having now watched the full Fallout 4 demo, my boner ain't going down any time soon.

Doom looks surprisingly great as well. Not sure I can see another publisher topping this E3 presentation.