Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Rochester? What the fuck? What the fuck? What the fuck?
Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

MobileVortex wrote:Not a fan of the Allstate Arena, but I'll take it lol.
Never been there but hoping to get tickets, what's wrong with Allstate?...
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

No presale? Get ready for nosebleed seats......
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Also just noticed to expect more shows to get announced. Possibly a Saturday June 10th Chicago double date? Crosses fingers.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

MobileVortex wrote:Not a fan of the Allstate Arena, but I'll take it lol.
Since these shows are taking place during NHL and NBA playoff season, I'd say arenas that host those sports are difficult to book because you can't predict the availability of some of them.
In the case of Chicago, the Blackhawks are very likely to be in the playoffs, so United Center is probably off the table, or at least would have been a gamble to book. The Bulls are a long shot right now, but that would have been 2 teams to work around.
That said, they are booked into Centre Bell in Montreal, and the Canadiens are also very likely to be in the playoffs, but that show has a day off before and after, so if it had to move one day to accommodate hockey I suppose it could.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Rochester? What the fuck? What the fuck? What the fuck?
I don't get it. Mind enlightening this Texan who ain't ever been to yankee land?
Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Eh, it's pretty much right in line with Boston to Hamilton. Buffalo makes more sense but not sure how promoters figure this shit out.

Looking at Wikipedia, Buffalo and Rochester have near identical metro populations as well.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

junior wrote: That said, they are booked into Centre Bell in Montreal, and the Canadiens are also very likely to be in the playoffs, but that show has a day off before and after, so if it had to move one day to accommodate hockey I suppose it could.

TooL on ice
Coming soon!

(if I knew how to photoshop I would have put Adams head on there)
Professor of Lesbian Science
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

You'd have to Photoshop the guitar too
Don't mow your lawn
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:You'd have to Photoshop the guitar too
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

NEW ALBUM COVER GOT LEAKED!

nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Upwards of 60 members signed in to ToolArmy throughout the day. Strange really, considering the VIP tickets were available through the new web store and not through TA...as Blair's recent update indicated.

Nice to see so many logged in, but still disheartening that there's no way to communicate.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:Upwards of 60 members signed in to ToolArmy throughout the day. Strange really, considering the VIP tickets were available through the new web store and not through TA...as Blair's recent update indicated.

Nice to see so many logged in, but still disheartening that there's no way to communicate.
I sign into Toolarmy most days. I rarely use Toolband.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

It appears there were three new TA members signed-up in the last couple days (based on the Total Members counter). I assume they did so to get access to the VIP tickets, which are still available at the moment.

Curious to see if the VIP tickets sell out to TA members or if they're made available to all. I know $500 is a bit much, but I'd go, given the chance. Just need the guys to tour a bit closer to home. :)

Looking forward to those additional tour dates...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:It appears there were three new TA members signed-up in the last couple days (based on the Total Members counter). I assume they did so to get access to the VIP tickets, which are still available at the moment.
Given how broken the site is I'm surprised they let people signup to the old TA site. Actually I'm not surprised :roll:
nxrm wrote:Curious to see if the VIP tickets sell out to TA members or if they're made available to all. I know $500 is a bit much, but I'd go, given the chance. Just need the guys to tour a bit closer to home. :)
My hazy memory suggests to me that most of the VIPs were available to non-TA members as well. Perhaps there was one or two in the really high demand towns that sold out.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Norm and I did the math a long time ago. They make bank on the TA membership, probably over $100k since the site broke. I can't be bothered to calculate it again.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan wrote:Norm and I did the math a long time ago. They make bank on the TA membership, probably over $100k since the site broke. I can't be bothered to calculate it again.
Yeah, I imagine it's a decent money earner for them. I suspect it's make well below what it could if it were managed properly though. Can't see a problem why it couldn't make $100k per year if run right.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

hellboy wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Norm and I did the math a long time ago. They make bank on the TA membership, probably over $100k since the site broke. I can't be bothered to calculate it again.
Yeah, I imagine it's a decent money earner for them. I suspect it's make well below what it could if it were managed properly though. Can't see a problem why it couldn't make $100k per year if they made the site operational again, gave us accurate updates, news that IS tool related, and bringing back ticket presales certianly will add to the sites income.
there, i fixed that for you.

nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Based on the Total Members counter, memberships have definitely slowed down for TA, and some strange things started happening once they switched over to the new annual membership as well.

Anyone that signs up now shows a Member Since "06 JUN 16." Their profile does not appear to reflect the actual date they joined.

I believe there is also a lag between when new members join and when their profile actually shows up in TA. It may be that they don't show up until they actually sign into the site, but it's difficult to determine without know if/when someone actually becomes a member.

For what it's worth, it appears there have been 24 new Members since they switched to an Annual Membership (which I believe coincided with the new Tool Webstore on June 6, 2016), and TA indicates "kristoferfrank" is the most recent member: member number #125985; joined 06 JUN 16...although I don't believe this is accurate.

Man, what am I going to do with all my free time once they actually shut the site down? :D
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

greasy wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Yeah, I imagine it's a decent money earner for them. I suspect it's make well below what it could if it were managed properly though. Can't see a problem why it couldn't make $100k per year if they made the site operational again, gave us accurate updates, news that IS tool related, and bringing back ticket presales certianly will add to the sites income.
That's what I meant by "managed properly"
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

hellboy wrote:
greasy wrote:
hellboy wrote: Yeah, I imagine it's a decent money earner for them. I suspect it's make well below what it could if it were managed properly though. Can't see a problem why it couldn't make $100k per year if they made the site operational again, gave us accurate updates, news that IS tool related, and bringing back ticket presales certianly will add to the sites income.
That's what I meant by "managed properly"
Fingers crossed. To be honest, I miss the TA site from 10 years ago. With the direction they were going with Dissectional, I think there is still creative potential for them to do SOMETHING with the site.

nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Nice to see that the VIP tickets were made available to non-TA members today.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I was curious where exactly "The Loft" was located... I did a deep dive on the internet and I'm pretty confident I found it. Although its hard to tell from the outside because it looks like nothing. During my search I came across a reddit post of people wondering the same thing, and HB actually had commented that its best if its not common knowledge. So i wont be posting the address or anything. Just interesting to see the building where all of my favorite songs were written :)
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

xZ1mM3r wrote:I was curious where exactly "The Loft" was located... I did a deep dive on the internet and I'm pretty confident I found it. Although its hard to tell from the outside because it looks like nothing. During my search I came across a reddit post of people wondering the same thing, and HB actually had commented that its best if its not common knowledge. So i wont be posting the address or anything. Just interesting to see the building where all of my favorite songs were written :)
Stalker!!!

<------- goes searching Google
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

It was revealed on TA, at least once. Some people took clues like restaurants and other references Blair and band members made on the block it's on and correlated it. I remember a Google maps screenshot with it being circled.

I never went by, but I would love to get an invite some day.
Ki77aan :twisted: