Tool Spring 2017 Tour (includes spoilers!)

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Tool Spring 2017 Tour

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:Probably just reading too much into it though. Patience...
Yeah, there's a lot of people doing this based on the image Tool posted. Personally I don't think it's anything more than just another Tool show.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Tool just added a Facebook event for May 25th in Hershey, PA at Giant Center.

Edit: Here's the TM link: http://www1.ticketmaster.com/tool-hersh ... 89E957C925
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Waiting for them to add Columbus Ohio after I have spent a ton of $$$ on tickets, airfare, car rental, and hotel rooms for other shows. :x
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

It's so annoying! Are they going to tell us when the itinerary is finalized or are they just going to keep adding random dates every week for the next two months? :x
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

hellboy wrote:
nxrm wrote: Hope this rumor is true, and that there's a VIP package as well.
It's a third hand rumour, but the source (who claims to have spoken to Danny about it) has been correct in the past. For now I think it should be legit, though I'm a little surprised it hasn't been released yet.

I strongly dislike how Tool seem to be in the habit of only releasing tour dates here and there rather than all at once. It smacks of poor management.

No doubt there will be a VIP package!
yeah, these tour announcements are a joke and a FU to fans trying to catch as many shows as they can from all parts. poor management, certainly
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Annoyed and frustrated indeed. Not sure if these piecemeal tour announcements are intentional or just poorly managed, but it's truly disappointing.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

I'd guess it partly has to do with promoters seeing a Tool tour is happening, then trying hard to get a show booked in one of their promoted venue locations. Tool sells out almost every show, so a Tool show is ideal for promoters. The shows sell out so fast there is no real consequences for doing it this way on the business sides of things.
I feel like this kind of thing has been happening for a while. I remember the 2007 Nov/Dec tour I went to Portland and San Francisco. The SF show wasn't announced until weeks after I got tickets to Portland.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

its just a sloppy way of doing business, and they have done it for years
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

nousername wrote: Tool sells out almost every show, so a Tool show is ideal for promoters. The shows sell out so fast there is no real consequences for doing it this way on the business sides of things.
Tool shows sell out fast because ticketmaster fucks everyone and allows most tickets to go to scalpers and secondary markets. They may be able to sell out quite a few shows but certainly not as fast and as many as people may think.
Professor of Lesbian Science
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Of topic a bit but I just realized the Nampa show is on Father's Day. Having lost my father this past November and being a father myself, who will be away from his kids anyways. I am heavily leaning towards doing the 6 hour bonus drive to Idaho. And then 9.5 back to Seattle the next day. :twisted:
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

i use to think, how cool it was that tool could put together these tours with zero marketing and warning and still sell out anything they wanted. how many bands would dream for that, then over the years i realize, they have no idea what these tours will be until hours before the announcements there is no organization and a fly by the seat of your pants mentality. which is cool if you are IN the band, sucks if you want to be a fan of said band
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

lachrymologist wrote:Of topic a bit but I just realized the Nampa show is on Father's Day. Having lost my father this past November and being a father myself, who will be away from his kids anyways. I am heavily leaning towards doing the 6 hour bonus drive to Idaho. And then 9.5 back to Seattle the next day. :twisted:
Bonus for you: tickets are plentiful and cheap on StubHub, and looks like a pretty small arena so probably aren't too many bad seats outside of the upper levels closest to the stage. Can probably snag something great the day of.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

brewdog123 wrote:i use to think, how cool it was that tool could put together these tours with zero marketing and warning and still sell out anything they wanted. how many bands would dream for that, then over the years i realize, they have no idea what these tours will be until hours before the announcements there is no organization and a fly by the seat of your pants mentality. which is cool if you are IN the band, sucks if you want to be a fan of said band
I'd be cooler with the band doing presales and announcing the shows all at once. This drip feed of shows sucks.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

And here we go (no VIP...no TA Presale - shafted again):

TOOL AT GLEN HELEN AMPHITHEATER

NEW TOOL SHOW INFO
We are very excited to announce the unparalleled sonic and visual experience of TOOL LIVE IN CONCERT in the high-spirited setting of the GLEN HELEN AMPHITHEATER in SAN BERNARDINO, CALIFORNIA on JUNE 24, 2017.

Other bands on the bill for this monumental event in the Inland Empire include PRIMUS, the MELVINS, and the electronic spectacle of LIVE DJ SETS from THE CRYSTAL METHOD.

For the occasion, the band will also have an additional SPECIAL GUEST to be announced soon. Quite simply, fans of TOOL will not want to miss this SUMMER HAPPENING featuring critically acclaimed bands (and friends) on a stage where anything can happen.

June 24 - San Bernardino, CA @ Glen Helen Amphitheater

*Let me add, I could look on the bright side and be excited about a cool lineup, but why would I do that? :lol:

Looking forward to meeting/seeing markuspoop, and the chill, and azbay, and smithersSOCAL, and anyone else who's looking to go. Shouldn't be too difficult getting tickets...most likely for the lawn though.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

I'm sure they will all get on stage and jam together. Pretty cool. But I'd rather see a new song or jam or good set list personally.

Three guesses for the special guest.
1) the newly retired Undertaker
2) Paul damour
3) and most likely the most accurate, Bill manspeaker and green jello, given his recent Tool hints.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

My guesses:

NIN
RATM
Bozo the Clown
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm going to go with Failure
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kevin Federline
Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Doubt it's a big act like NIN- they're playing at that LA festival anyway, so I'm sure there's something in their contract to not have another show in the area.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Kevin Federline
I'd book my flight two seconds after that announcement.
Hey! Denty!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Krazy_blah wrote:Doubt it's a big act like NIN- they're playing at that LA festival anyway, so I'm sure there's something in their contract to not have another show in the area.
Wow...thanks for mentioning that. I had no idea Nine Inch Nails was touring. I'm not gonna go FYF, but may have considered seeing a standalone show of theirs. Time is just, slip, slip, slipping away...
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:I'm going to go with Failure
Failure would be cool. I don't think those guys are doing anything at the moment...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Someone suggested to me privately they thought maybe Rammstein, who are in the US at the same time. That'd be great, but not sure their stage productions would be compatible.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

hellboy wrote:Someone suggested to me privately they thought maybe Rammstein, who are in the US at the same time. That'd be great, but not sure their stage productions would be compatible.
I could see that. They wouldn't need stage production if they just came out for a song and some pyrotechnics, which would be my guess as to all it would be since they aren't on the bill.
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

Maybe Bandwidth will play. Could be the special quest, or just happen during Crystal Method's set. Though that guess is based on nothing other than the fact Justin and CM will both be there. I guess time will tell.