Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Post by budsyralli »

swearnet the movie......... holy fuck boys..... I fuckin laughed hard
go taff!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Calfium Jay wrote:The Hobbit: The Battle Of Five Armies. On Blu Ray.

Waaay better on blu ray than in the cinema.....for some reason.
in theaters in 3D was the way to see this movie for sure, P.J. edited it while rocking the 3D visor, I mean besides James Cameron for Avatar I don't think anyone had done that before. when it was snowing in certain scenes I was actually reaching out and trying to touch the flakes like a retard lol. my girlfriend had to tell me to stop twice. :lol:
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
7/10
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

ziggy23 wrote:Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
7/10
did you see it right? IMAX or IMAX 3D?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
7/10
I would give it a 6/10. Saw it in 3D on a big screen, but not IMAX.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
7/10
IMAX 3D, I felt like I was 10 years old again or so.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

ziggy23 wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
7/10
IMAX 3D, I felt like I was 10 years old again or so.
great post.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Avengers: Age Of Ultron

How is one supposed to spend any serious emotional investment in a film about a bunch of seemingly indestructible superheros when the threat level posed here is next to nothing. They talk about "risking it all" to save the human race (AGAIN!!!!) and yet proceed to do so as if they're arbitrarily collecting the mail or doing the dishes. Robert Downey Jr looks downright bored here. Almost as bored as I was. There's little substance or weight behind any of these colossal CGI shit fest battles - as you know that each Avenger is going to come out completely unscathed. As they do.

Lesser characters are introduced and killed off before they've even made a shred of impact. Plot points are introduced seemingly at random and then subsequently forgotten ten minutes later. The romance between Banner and Romanoff seems forced to say the least, while the hasty introduction of a family for Hawkeye (the most pointless character in the entire Marvel Universe) is at best grasping at straws and at worst just plain embarrassing.

"Let's give him a reason to be here, people!!!!"

Ultron could have been a badass, but was instead reduced to a bumbling idiot by the film's end (I'll not spoil it for you).

And what the fuck was The Vision even doing here?

If you like your CGI films loud, loud, loud, light on subtance and full of shit being blown to pieces then this is for you.

Having said that I'm sure most here on this forum will cream themselves over it.

At least it was better than Iron Man 3.

4.5 / 10

...you may be asking why do I bother? And that's a really, really good question.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I watched Kingsmen the secret service on the weekend. Very enjoyable with a script that gave me quite a few giggles. Clever, witty, cheesy and of course over the top. Just how I like my spy flicks.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Calfium Jay wrote:Avengers: Age Of Ultron

How is one supposed to spend any serious emotional investment in a film about a bunch of seemingly indestructible superheros when the threat level posed here is next to nothing. They talk about "risking it all" to save the human race (AGAIN!!!!) and yet proceed to do so as if they're arbitrarily collecting the mail or doing the dishes. Robert Downey Jr looks downright bored here. Almost as bored as I was. There's little substance or weight behind any of these colossal CGI shit fest battles - as you know that each Avenger is going to come out completely unscathed. As they do.

Lesser characters are introduced and killed off before they've even made a shred of impact. Plot points are introduced seemingly at random and then subsequently forgotten ten minutes later. The romance between Banner and Romanoff seems forced to say the least, while the hasty introduction of a family for Hawkeye (the most pointless character in the entire Marvel Universe) is at best grasping at straws and at worst just plain embarrassing.

"Let's give him a reason to be here, people!!!!"

Ultron could have been a badass, but was instead reduced to a bumbling idiot by the film's end (I'll not spoil it for you).

And what the fuck was The Vision even doing here?

If you like your CGI films loud, loud, loud, light on subtance and full of shit being blown to pieces then this is for you.

Having said that I'm sure most here on this forum will cream themselves over it.

At least it was better than Iron Man 3.

4.5 / 10

...you may be asking why do I bother? And that's a really, really good question.
8/10 for making your points
10/10 for being a smarmy bastard while doing so

I was being generous with my 6/10 for Avengers, but I went in with low expectations.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Seems as though Califum is the only one here that can see this film isn't amazing, despite all the overwhelming 6 and 7 out of 10s it seems to the getting...
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

What's so amazing about superhero films? Nobody goes to the cinema these days to appreciate cinema as an artform. It''s just wham, bam and sparkly cgi shit. A bunch of good looking people walking around in front of a computer game.

Woody Allen, Ingmar Bergman, Herzog, Tarkovsky, Fassbender....once upon a time these names meant something.

Now we have a generation of ADI adults with no imagination hooked on video game cotton candy.

<sips coffee>
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Oh....and you may be asking why I saw it in the first place. That's one of the sacrifices one must make in a relationship.

Pussy is power.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote: Now we have a generation of ADI adults with no imagination hooked on video game cotton candy.
You mean just like the last couple of generations?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:Seems as though Califum is the only one here that can see this film isn't amazing, despite all the overwhelming 6 and 7 out of 10s it seems to the getting...
4.5 out of 10? haha. trying too hard to rail against this movie get's a 6.367/10.000
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

been watching these Tyson highlight videos. what a monster he was, I wish I were old enough to remember his prime.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Saw Age of Ultron tonight. For the most part I agree with Califum's review. For every cool moment, there was a WTF or cringeworthy scene to balance it out. I thought Ultron himself was pretty good, though his Michael Bay Decepticon style look was a bit lame.

Disappointed, since I thought the trailers showed promise, but in the end is a couple of notches below the first Avengers movie, which isn't that great either. I thought Iron Man 3 was better, but that's not saying much.

Hawkeye's line " We’re fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense" pretty much sums up the movie...

I'd probably give it a 5/10.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I didn't like that Ultron had facial movements. I was also kinda annoyed that they did another fight vs. overwhelming numbers, though I suspect that's a set up for their fight with Thanos where it'll be like 30 of them against him.

Hawkeye is just a normal guy who lived in a world pretty much like ours up until a few years ago. His line makes perfect sense.

Other than that it was a damn fine comic book movie, even if I couldn't stop thinking "if Magneto was around this would've been a 5 second fight".
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I find the fake internet backlash against this movie amusing. if you don't like comic book movies and haven't seen everything in the MCU to date, why the fuck would you go see this movie in the first place? it's not going to work. Marvel will continue to steam roll over any other adventure/fantasy movies anyone else is putting out. it's a superior product and resistance is futile. $200 million dollar opening domestically in the U.S., bow down. :lol:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

No need to assume it's fake just because it's contrary to your opinion. I've enjoyed most of the Marvel movies with only a few exceptions. Age of Ultron is definitely one of the weakest of the series for me.

That Marvel made money from it, and will continue to make money from the films is no surprise, nor is it relevant.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

+ 1
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Twilight movies made money.... but that doesn't make them watchable
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

If they aren't watchable then why are so many people paying money to watch them?
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:No need to assume it's fake just because it's contrary to your opinion. I've enjoyed most of the Marvel movies with only a few exceptions. Age of Ultron is definitely one of the weakest of the series for me.

That Marvel made money from it, and will continue to make money from the films is no surprise, nor is it relevant.
fake shit like "Captain America and Iron Main have 47 minutes of screen time and Scarlett Witch and Black Widow only have 35 minutes of screen time, this movie is sexist Joss!!" and the "there are too many super heroes in this movie Kevin!! why didn't you step in and reduce the amount!!" last but not least "why the hell did Disney and Marvel make a movie only for super fans!? us casual fans can't keep up!"

there's your 3 bullshit internet arguments recycled in a few different ways that have tried to spread, it's not going to work. what's next? Sports Science debunking that Thor can't throw the hammer over and over again and not need rotator cuff surgery? lol
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
hellboy wrote:No need to assume it's fake just because it's contrary to your opinion. I've enjoyed most of the Marvel movies with only a few exceptions. Age of Ultron is definitely one of the weakest of the series for me.

fake shit like "Captain America and Iron Main have 47 minutes of screen time and Scarlett Witch and Black Widow only have 35 minutes of screen time, this movie is sexist Joss!!" and the "there are too many super heroes in this movie Kevin!! why didn't you step in and reduce the amount!!" last but not least "why the hell is Disney and Marvel make a movie only for super fans!? us casual fans can't keep up!"

there's your 3 bullshit internet arguments recycled in a few different ways that have tried to spread, it's not going to work. what's next? Sports Science debunking that Thor can't throw the hammer over and over again and not need rotator cuff surgery? lol
Ok, so you're talking to the internet in general, and not people here specifically on Fourtheye then? I don't care about any of those things you mentioned.