What are you watching? Film/TV

Movies, TV and other video based media
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

you can't say out of 15 movies this one is the weakest and not back that shit up. that's nonsensical, dismissive and passive aggressive trolling and you know it lol
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:you can't say out of 15 movies this one is the weakest and not back that shit up. that's nonsensical, dismissive and passive aggressive trolling and you know it lol
It's not the weakest in the series, nor did I ever say that. Capt America 1 and Thor 2 are both worse. I gave my reasons for not liking it in my review? Did you not read them? They're nothing like the bullshit you spouted about superhero sexism and whatnot.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

If I had to rate the Marvel movies from best to worst, it'd be something like

Capt America: Winter Soldier
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man 2
Thor
The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Age of Ultron
Capt America: The First Avenger
Thor: The Dark World
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is easily the best Marvel movie I've seen. I was just thinking the other day about how well it sets Captain America up for the Civil War storyline.
Don't mow your lawn
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:If they aren't watchable then why are so many people paying money to watch them?
I hope you're trolling... youre saying if people pay money to watch a movie/event then that means it must have been good/watchable?

Women love the shit out of the 50 Shade books.. user rating for the movie the day it came out was 3/10... fans of the book hated it, said it was unwatchable. But they paid.

More recently, Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Awful fight. Boring to no end as far as boxing goes. But it broke records for pay per view sales.

I was once at a local carnival and they had an advertisement to see "the world's smallest horse! You can pick him up!"... it cost 1 token, equivalent to 25 cents... it was just a pony. A normal pony. But I paid... bastards.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
fake shit like "Captain America and Iron Main have 47 minutes of screen time and Scarlett Witch and Black Widow only have 35 minutes of screen time, this movie is sexist Joss!!" and the "there are too many super heroes in this movie Kevin!! why didn't you step in and reduce the amount!!" last but not least "why the hell did Disney and Marvel make a movie only for super fans!? us casual fans can't keep up!"

there's your 3 bullshit internet arguments recycled in a few different ways that have tried to spread, it's not going to work. what's next? Sports Science debunking that Thor can't throw the hammer over and over again and not need rotator cuff surgery? lol

LOL. Would you all look at this. A grown man getting all put out by negative comments over what is essentially a children's film.

The internet is a strange and wonderful place.

"Marvel films day is da siick ones and you can't say this da bad stuff, roight!!! Nah, nah, coz you people you just don't like dis stuff coz it's da so much better' n your crappy stuff. Your just making da arguments cos like you dunno. So nerr nerr ne nerr ner. Avengers is da sickest, like BAM BAM BAM!!! Yeah, it da good ones".

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Calfium Jay wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
fake shit like "Captain America and Iron Main have 47 minutes of screen time and Scarlett Witch and Black Widow only have 35 minutes of screen time, this movie is sexist Joss!!" and the "there are too many super heroes in this movie Kevin!! why didn't you step in and reduce the amount!!" last but not least "why the hell did Disney and Marvel make a movie only for super fans!? us casual fans can't keep up!"

there's your 3 bullshit internet arguments recycled in a few different ways that have tried to spread, it's not going to work. what's next? Sports Science debunking that Thor can't throw the hammer over and over again and not need rotator cuff surgery? lol

LOL. Would you all look at this. A grown man getting all put out by negative comments over what is essentially a children's film.

The internet is a strange and wonderful place.

"Marvel films day is da siick ones and you can't say this da bad stuff, roight!!! Nah, nah, coz you people you just don't like dis stuff coz it's da so much better' n your crappy stuff. Your just making da arguments cos like you dunno. So nerr nerr ne nerr ner. Avengers is da sickest, like BAM BAM BAM!!! Yeah, it da good ones".

:|
you wouldn't be passing judgement on me being immature when you have a fucking avatar with leather strapped girls in dog collars now would ye?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:If I had to rate the Marvel movies from best to worst, it'd be something like

Capt America: Winter Soldier
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man 2
Thor
The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Age of Ultron
Capt America: The First Avenger
Thor: The Dark World
did you actually see Thor: A Dark World? because that movie was actually good and added a shit ton to the MCU. not sure why that's at the bottom of anyone's list. seems to be the hip thing to do lately. and having the Incredible Hulk over Guardians is blasphemy. that movie was put together with bubble gum and used popsicle sticks.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote: did you actually see Thor: A Dark World? because that movie was actually good and added a shit ton to the MCU. not sure why that's at the bottom of anyone's list. seems to be the hip thing to do lately. and having the Incredible Hulk over Guardians is blasphemy. that movie was put together with bubble gum and used popsicle sticks.
I did, and that's two hours I sadly won't be getting back. I'd rate Iron Man, Hulk and GotG all about the same to be honest. To elaborate a little further on the list:

Capt America: Winter Soldier 9/10
Iron Man 8/10
The Incredible Hulk 8/10
Guardians of the Galaxy 8/10
Iron Man 2 7/10
Thor 7/10
The Avengers 7/10
Iron Man 3 6/10
Age of Ultron 5/10
Capt America: The First Avenger 3/10
Thor: The Dark World 3/10
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I liked Thor: The Dark World when I first saw it, but I honestly don't remember much about it anymore. Which doesn't speak highly of it's quality in my opinion.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I would watch it again. double down and this time without the kids jumping all over you and the in laws asking where's you're taking them for breakfast tomorrow morning. Alan Taylor, you know the Game Of Thrones, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos, Alan Taylor did an excellent job. a 7.1 on IMDB is very solid. I must have been in a great mood or something because me and my wife thought it was a shit load of fun.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I watched Thor The Dark World on my own as I normally consume movies - no distractions. It's lame storyline and terrible acting put me off ever wanting to watch it again. Not even Natalie Portman could make me want to give it another shot.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:I didn't like that Ultron had facial movements. I was also kinda annoyed that they did another fight vs. overwhelming numbers, though I suspect that's a set up for their fight with Thanos where it'll be like 30 of them against him.

Hawkeye is just a normal guy who lived in a world pretty much like ours up until a few years ago. His line makes perfect sense.

Other than that it was a damn fine comic book movie, even if I couldn't stop thinking "if Magneto was around this would've been a 5 second fight".
where's Raven when you need him, bro am I delusional? or is all this (very recent) Thor 2 hate warranted? did the other movies set the bar too high? I remember my parents actually watched it before I did and my pops went on and on about the sound and special effects...Hiddleston and Hopkins' acting. I even thought Kat Dennings was quite amusing. I do remember laughing quite a few times, it was very well written. Markus and McFeely both wrote your #1 movie The Winter Soldier. plus they were tabbed to do the Infinity Wars so Feige is obviously a huge fan of theirs.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Even though I thought Avengers:AoU was merely going through the motions at best, it was still considerably better than Guardians Of The Galaxy, which I thought was lazy, forced, overtly cute and had one of the most poorly written, ineffectual and slapdash villains in not only the Marvel Universe but in film history. If it wasn't for the tree thing it would have scored a paltry 3/10 from yours truly.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Calfium Jay wrote:Even though I thought Avengers:AoU was merely going through the motions at best, it was still considerably better than Guardians Of The Galaxy, which I thought was lazy, forced, overtly cute and had one of the most poorly written, ineffectual and slapdash villains in not only the Marvel Universe but in film history. If it wasn't for the tree thing it would have scored a paltry 3/10 from yours truly.
I do agree with you on the villain. But I thought the movie overall was well done.

I thought Thor 2 was pretty lame. I don't remember a lot about the movie which isn't good. Iron man 1 is still my favorite. It just took marvel movies to a new level
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:I didn't like that Ultron had facial movements. I was also kinda annoyed that they did another fight vs. overwhelming numbers, though I suspect that's a set up for their fight with Thanos where it'll be like 30 of them against him.

Hawkeye is just a normal guy who lived in a world pretty much like ours up until a few years ago. His line makes perfect sense.

Other than that it was a damn fine comic book movie, even if I couldn't stop thinking "if Magneto was around this would've been a 5 second fight".
where's Raven when you need him, bro am I delusional? or is all this (very recent) Thor 2 hate warranted? did the other movies set the bar too high? I remember my parents actually watched it before I did and my pops went on and on about the sound and special effects...Hiddleston and Hopkins' acting. I even thought Kat Dennings was quite amusing. I do remember laughing quite a few times, it was very well written. Markus and McFeely both wrote your #1 movie The Winter Soldier. plus they were tabbed to do the Infinity Wars so Feige is obviously a huge fan of theirs.
I like Thor 2, it's at least better than the first one. They never explained what happened with the last loose creature though.

HB's list puzzled me too, mostly because of his high ranking of Incredible Hulk. I like that flick too, but there's no way (in my book) that it's anywhere near GOTG, IM, either Avengers, and especially Winter Soldier level. But hey, opinions and all that.

For the record, here's my list:

Winter Soldier
Avengers
Iron Man
AAOU
GOTG
IM3
Thor 2
First Avenger
Incredible Hulk
IM2
Thor

Did I miss anything?

They aren't all great, but I honestly don't think any one of them suck.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

How dsare you rate the Hulk so low! I'm outraged! HELLBOY SMASH!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:me and my wife
Wait just a second here.... it's been "girlfriend" * this and "girlfriend" that for years (at least it feels like years)....

And now it's "wife"?! Did you fckn get married and not invite US?!!

Screw all this Marvel shit... I'd rate that a -7/10

* For ex, a post on GOTG:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
badkittygothgirl wrote:We saw it yesterday in Imax 3d. Soo amazing!!! We want to go see it again. Don't forget to stay through the credits.
visually fucking brilliant movie. the color scheme's alone were amazing. it was very funny as well, have to thank my girlfriend for putting me onto Pratt in Parks. he's a funny dude.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I should watch The Incredible Hulk again. I liked it when I first saw it, back before the MCU really blew up. I have a feeling I might enjoy it more now. As I recall the stakes were pretty low, nobody was trying to save the world. And if I recall correctly, the visual design did a good job of making the world feel real while also maintaining a comic book aesthetic. Marvel movies since have pretty much just embraced their fantasy world. Plus there wasn't any boring sci-fi gobbledigook driving the plot which gives it a bit of a leg up over some of these later Marvel films.

It's a been awhile since I've seen it though so I could be completely off about all that.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Naattik wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:me and my wife
Wait just a second here.... it's been "girlfriend" * this and "girlfriend" that for years (at least it feels like years)....

And now it's "wife"?! Did you fckn get married and not invite US?!!

Screw all this Marvel shit... I'd rate that a -7/10

* For ex, a post on GOTG:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
badkittygothgirl wrote:We saw it yesterday in Imax 3d. Soo amazing!!! We want to go see it again. Don't forget to stay through the credits.
visually fucking brilliant movie. the color scheme's alone were amazing. it was very funny as well, have to thank my girlfriend for putting me onto Pratt in Parks. he's a funny dude.
I really love you.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

2011 remake.

Much better than anticipated.

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ravenpig wrote: I like Thor 2, it's at least better than the first one. They never explained what happened with the last loose creature though.

HB's list puzzled me too, mostly because of his high ranking of Incredible Hulk. I like that flick too, but there's no way (in my book) that it's anywhere near GOTG, IM, either Avengers, and especially Winter Soldier level. But hey, opinions and all that.

For the record, here's my list:

Winter Soldier
Avengers
Iron Man
AAOU
GOTG
IM3
Thor 2
First Avenger
Incredible Hulk
IM2
Thor

Awesome. While we're at it why don't we sit around and debate the merits of the Police Academy films?

:roll:

Did I miss anything?

Depends on what you mean. If you're referring to the last 20 minutes or so, then no.

However, if you're referring to the past ten years then, judging by your recent post, I'd say most definitely.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I love the Police Academy movies, C. O. P. might be my favorite.

Who wants to see my list??
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:I love the Police Academy movies, C. O. P. might be my favorite.

Who wants to see my list??
I'm down.