Opiate reissue to be signed?

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

UndKeineEier said

hellboy1975 said

elp5000 said 
@ HB, the last time Tool fans were told to be patient, we were told "Good Things" were coming.. We are still waiting..

Are "Good Things" limited only to a new album?  We have a reissue coming, a tour in April (for some of us) and in theory a video coming as well.  What were you expecting?

This was posted as soon as I came here.  Posted 0 seconds ago.  That's never happened before.  Also 12 posts to 1000 are you excited?

He can't be nearly excited as I am.

SteveBobSteve
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

hellboy1975 said

elp5000 said 
@ HB, the last time Tool fans were told to be patient, we were told "Good Things" were coming.. We are still waiting..

Are "Good Things" limited only to a new album?  We have a reissue coming, a tour in April (for some of us) and in theory a video coming as well.  What were you expecting?

Well when it comes to Tool I have learned if you don't expect anything you are never disappointed. I buy the albums when they come out, go see them when they tour, and get to meet up with the greatest Tool fans before the shows. I am really glad you folks down under are getting a tour, it has really been a long time for you... ENJOY !!

That rumored video, whats it been 5, 6 years, it's gonna be a KILLA !!

The new site looks great BTW..

;-}~

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Another image of Tool signing these items (minus Maynard):

Not sure what the source was for that.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said

that's a great username for this site..."Minus Maynard"

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Outsider
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Outsider »

the 1st ticket has been found! no details though.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

NYHC81 said

hellboy1975 said

that's a great username for this site..."Minus Maynard"

^ +5000

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said

I have heard from several sources that Maynard rarely if ever signs any of the merch items himself.  Just do a little research and you'll find that his "signature" varies greatly from period to period.  If you didn't get it signed by him right in front of you, take it with a shovel full of salt.  Just sayin'.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Kittaan said

hellboy1975 said

I have heard from several sources that Maynard rarely if ever signs any of the merch items himself.  Just do a little research and you'll find that his "signature" varies greatly from period to period.  If you didn't get it signed by him right in front of you, take it with a shovel full of salt.  Just sayin'.

that would be REALLY fucked up if that were true.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Except that its not true. His signature varies because he doesn't sign the same with Tool than he does with Puscifer/wine/APC. Whatever you think of ol May Jay I'm sure you know he's not stupid enough to get caught up in a dumb (and pointless) autographing incident. Plus we know for a fact he was in L. A. the past couple weeks at least.

I also suspect that Kitaan may be doing an old April Fool's joke himself. Or something.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not sure how true it is, but one of my sources pretty much said the same thing.  That's not to say there isn't stuff with Maynard's signature genuinely on it, more that the 3 other members of the band are well practiced at forging that M.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said
Not sure how true it is, but one of my sources pretty much said the same thing.  That's not to say there isn't stuff with Maynard's signature genuinely on it, more that the 3 other members of the band are well practiced at forging that M.

^ Even you have to admit that is some seriously lame shit if Jimmy couldn't be bothered to sign this "thank you" to the fans.  Couple that with his ever weakening voice and his value add as a member of Tool is ever decreasing.  Oh Jimmy can still sing when he is in his comfort zone, but let's be honest, that comfort zone seems to be shrinking every year.  You did listen to the Brazil APC stream right?

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said 
^ Even you have to admit that is some seriously lame shit if Jimmy couldn't be bothered to sign this "thank you" to the fans.  Couple that with his ever weakening voice and his value add as a member of Tool is ever decreasing.  Oh Jimmy can still sing when he is in his comfort zone, but let's be honest, that comfort zone seems to be shrinking every year.  You did listen to the Brazil APC stream right?

Here's some bullet points:

I agree that if Maynard isn't signing stuff that he's supposed to have, then that's poor form.  It is here say however.  My guess is he signs most but not all.  He was in LA around the time of the Opiate signings, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt there.
Fact: Maynard's voice is now better than it was back in 2007.  
His voice will never be as good as it was when he was younger - he's lost the ability to scream with any consistency.  He uses effects to cover that, and sure the purist in me doesn't like it, but fact is he just can't do it any more. That said, go listen to the bootleg of the Charlotte show in 2012.  His voice is excellent there.  Not flawless, but certainly good enough that I won't be losing any sleep over it.
Didn't watch the APC stream - I saw them live a month ago.  His voice was fine, though they didn't play anything that tested his voice.  To be honest there's not much in the APC repertoire outside of Judith that really challenges Maynard's ability to scream.  Singing for him (in his "comfort zone" as you put it) isn't an issue.

I hope that sets your mind at ease.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said 

Here's some bullet points:

I agree that if Maynard isn't signing stuff that he's supposed to have, then that's poor form.  It is here say however.  My guess is he signs most but not all.  He was in LA around the time of the Opiate signings, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt there.
Fact: Maynard's voice is now better than it was back in 2007.  
His voice will never be as good as it was when he was younger - he's lost the ability to scream with any consistency.  He uses effects to cover that, and sure the purist in me doesn't like it, but fact is he just can't do it any more. That said, go listen to the bootleg of the Charlotte show in 2012.  His voice is excellent there.  Not flawless, but certainly good enough that I won't be losing any sleep over it.
Didn't watch the APC stream - I saw them live a month ago.  His voice was fine, though they didn't play anything that tested his voice.  To be honest there's not much in the APC repertoire outside of Judith that really challenges Maynard's ability to scream.  Singing for him (in his "comfort zone" as you put it) isn't an issue.

I hope that sets your mind at ease.

Maynard never deserves the benefit of the doubt as it relates to Tool.
Nonsense.  Maynard's voice had obviously declined in 06-07, but when I saw them last in 09 it certainly wasn't better.  The only noticeable difference was that they seemed to have adjusted him a bit in the mix.  I will give YOU the benefit of the doubt as you saw them preform more recently than I, but when it comes to Tool I do believe you suffer from a touch of Rose-Colored Glasses Syndrome.
Yeah I'm gonna call bullshit on that one.  It isn't just screaming, it is his ability to reach high notes and project.  His voice has dropped at least an octave, and his ability to move between registers is dramatically diminished.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said 

Nonsense.  Maynard's voice had obviously declined in 06-07, but when I saw them last in 09 it certainly wasn't better.  The only noticeable difference was that they seemed to have adjusted him a bit in the mix.  I will give YOU the benefit of the doubt as you saw them preform more recently than I, but when it comes to Tool I do believe you suffer from a touch of Rose-Colored Glasses Syndrome.

We'll have to agree to disagree there.  There is no doubt in my mind he is better now than on the original 10k Days tour, and I doubt many here will disagree.  I don't do rose coloured glasses.  You on the other hand have gone so far in the other direction you struggle to see any positive in regards to Tool.

Yeah I'm gonna call bullshit on that one.  It isn't just screaming, it is his ability to reach high notes and project.  His voice has dropped at least an octave, and his ability to move between registers is dramatically diminished.

That's rubbish to be honest and shows how little you know about music, or how hard you have to try to troll this board.  Everyone here acknowledges that Maynard has lost something in regards to his voice, but it's not quite as bad as you make it out to be.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said 

We'll have to agree to disagree there.  There is no doubt in my mind he is better now than on the original 10k Days tour, and I doubt many here will disagree.  I don't do rose coloured glasses.  You on the other hand have gone so far in the other direction you struggle to see any positive in regards to Tool.

That's rubbish to be honest and shows how little you know about music, or how hard you have to try to troll this board.  Everyone here acknowledges that Maynard has lost something in regards to his voice, but it's not quite as bad as you make it out to be.

Oh that's fucking rich coming from someone who knows next to nothing about classical composition and music theory.  Has he dropped an entire octave?  Na probably not given that in his prime he was probably a bit over a two octave singer.  I would argue realistically that he has dropped half an octave since the Lateralus tours.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said 
Oh that's fucking rich coming from someone who knows next to nothing about classical composition and music theory.  Has he dropped an entire octave?  Na probably not given that in his prime he was probably a bit over a two octave singer.  I would argue realistically that he has dropped half an octave since the Lateralus tours.

It certainly is a bit rich coming from me.  You're right, I am no expert on classical composition or musical theory, however I am a musician and know what an octave is - none of that requires a PhD in musical theory.

Anyway, you admitted you were wrong, so it sounds like you were the one being a bit rich...
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said 

It certainly is a bit rich coming from me.  You're right, I am no expert on classical composition or musical theory, however I am a musician and know what an octave is - none of that requires a PhD in musical theory.

Anyway, you admitted you were wrong, so it sounds like you were the one being a bit rich...

Christ that should have been an obvious stretch.  Some of the better vocalists out there don't even get to four octaves.  Fuck 3.5 is exceptional.  You are starting to get as defensive as Joey.  And I like Joey btw.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Just following your lead and calling out bullshit when I see it.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said
Just following your lead and calling out bullshit when I see it.

Then you should head over to this weeks listeners club thread.  You dropped a steaming pile over there I felt needed some attention brought to it.