Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

I've got a felling you're making fun of me
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I would honestli never in a million years ever do such a thing . I shutter to think of the idea of hurting your fellings. I mean that too bro
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan will be apoplectic when he seems the quality of the grammar posted here lately.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

tys0n wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:38 am They released both Aenima & Lateralus with misspellings on the actual release, so much so I fell it's deliberate.
Sure you could argue that track one is missing from all albums cuz the next single will be track 1 but what’s the argument for lateralus and aenima images being switched?

Their store is also now selling tool thongs. Where does that fit in?

I’m all for intentional clues, hell I bought Blair and Danny’s book cuz I have nothing better to do with my life. I think with this shit show along with the directory being left up for days I think it’s more of a shit webmaster rather hints.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

:roll:

Wholly chit.
Ki77aan :twisted:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:17 am Kittaan will be apoplectic when he seems the quality of the grammar posted here lately.
its a he ? the spell check and the a**hole filter arent working on the forum after the updates or whatever u said happened a bit ago ;)

so its almost real now, the first time hearing a new tool song will most likely be Sunday. unless it hits radio tomorrow (friday) your timezone is almost friday. prob wont happen till sunday it seems. live that is. im cool with that. lots will surface so at least one will be decent quality i bet.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

https://loudwire.com/tool-spotify-profile/

I'm guessing this is America only? I can't see anything other than that dodgy electro artist called Tool
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:17 pm https://loudwire.com/tool-spotify-profile/

I'm guessing this is America only? I can't see anything other than that dodgy electro artist called Tool
Yeah, I use Deezer.com to stream music, there's just that weirdo electronica stuff under the Tool name. (I'm in Ireland.)
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Toolarchive posted a new vid. In there seems to be a strong indication of late July/Early August which I find frustrating. This thing has been mastered for awhile it is hard for me to process it taking that long for release. I can only imagine it is the artwork that is the hold up and as I have said before I wish they would release it digitally early. I honestly don't care about the artwork at all. They could call the album "New Album", give it a blank background and toss it on Itunes and I would buy it in a second.

I am sure Adam has some elaborate artwork/packaging thing set up and I am just not interested in that at all. It has been too long and I really only care about the music at this point. As for the artwork I also have a hard time processing how all of it wasn't already done and the manufacturing logistics worked out with the label before they even went to master.

I would love to see them release a single digitally in conjunction with the upcoming shows but again, from the info in the Tool Archive vid that also seems highly unlikely.

Oh well it is what it is Tool is Tool. Hopefully someone attending the shows gets a good vid of the new tune I couldn't give two shits at this point if that pisses off the band.

Anyhoo here is the vid for those interested. As usual well done to Toolarchive. The quality of your videos is always excellent.

The most intelligent person on this forum
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:04 pm
It has been tool ong
New album name confirmed.

Ong.
Ki77aan :twisted:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Kittaan wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:16 pm
M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:04 pm
It has been tool ong
New album name confirmed.

Ong.
Isn't Ong Sanskrit for Endless Delay? Yep that works.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I would agree that it's probably packaging related. Maybe vinyl? There's nothing we can really do about it.

I'm still holding out hope that we are getting a new single tomorrow, before the tour starts on Sunday.

There's evidence that these new songs will be very long. So, maybe with the theme of 7 that the band has hinted at - there will only be 7 songs on the album? I mean, 10,000 Days is basically 7 songs so that's nothing new from Tool. I'd take 7 songs averaging at 11 minutes with no filler.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

A new song tomorrow would have tool own the fucking weekend. If everything is mastered why would you not jump on that? Only other reason is to premier live for the fans.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

As much as they have been notorious for prohibiting live broadcasts of their shows over the years, it wouldn't make much sense for a debut of a song to hit Youtube of all places. That's why I'm still thinking we might get something here very soon.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:56 pm As much as they have been notorious for prohibiting live broadcasts of their shows over the years, it wouldn't make much sense for a debut of a song to hit Youtube of all places. That's why I'm still thinking we might get something here very soon.
That's what I'm kinda banking on too
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

For those who are complaining about Tool not releasing the music without the artwork, it makes me question if you are even a fan.

You might not give a fuck about it but it's obviously very very important to the band and especially Adam, with the artwork and visuals being an extension of the music itself.

Just look at the bands history with live shows, music videos and elaborate album packaging.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Seriously. Sometimes I wonder if Mog is trolling and getting a laugh out of all of this.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

So my sources tell me that:
  • There are no plans they are aware of to release anything this weekend, though wouldn't rule out new stuff played live
  • It appears that the month the album will be released is known, but I'm not able (for now) to get any further info
  • It was strongly suggested streaming services will be part of this release
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

So, it sounds like the streaming logistics is part of the hold up.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:46 pm So, it sounds like the streaming logistics is part of the hold up.
Nah, I doubt that's the hold up at all. I think the only logical reason for a holdup post mastering is the packaging.

Assuming the legal issues regarding streaming have been sorted (I'd be pretty surprised if this groundwork wasn't done months ago), the uploading their catalog to Spotify etc. shouldn't be more than a days work (if that).
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Damn! Way to crush my dreams. My own damn fault for actually telling myself to expect something this weekend I guess. Am surprised given their love of controlling their art they didn't make plans to release a lead single for everyone to hear save listening to dodgy bootlegs
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Maynard is always completely off the grid when it comes to the music front once August hits for his wine making. Generally he is wrapped up in that endeavor for a few months.

I won't rule it out, but it seems very odd for them to release the album in July or August and not be able to tour it until months after release.

An earlier release, with the upcoming tour centered around the the new album to be more likely. I still think an early June release makes the most sense.
My 2 cents.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:36 pm So my sources tell me that:
  • There are no plans they are aware of to release anything this weekend, though wouldn't rule out new stuff played live
  • It appears that the month the album will be released is known, but I'm not able (for now) to get any further info
  • It was strongly suggested streaming services will be part of this release
Can you tell us the months it won’t be?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

rshforgothispw wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:13 pm Can you tell us the months it won’t be?
I'd tell you guys if I knew. I've asked if my source can narrow it down, and will keep you informed. I reckon an announcement must be close though.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Tell us the name of your source and we will get the answers you need.